• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery Idk what to do....🖤

Marji

Greenlighter
I’ll try to keep it short. I’m an addict. Activity using now. I live with my sister who rents the house from our mom. I introduced meth to my sister last summer and she’s in denial she has a problem. I’m desperate to stop. My environment isn’t safe for recovery. I try starting fresh everyday.
I’m expected to take over the house and have my son back like yesterday and my sister wants to move out.
I’m also doing illegal work. Which is a circle bc I need money but need to be high to work. I have a job offer in February which I’ll take and I’ll have to test clean. My worry is if I make it safely out and clean, idk what to do about moving out or fighting to keep the house. I’m really stressed which is making my meds feel like they don’t work also bc I’m using. Idk what the answers are but I needed to vent. So if you’re still reading, thank you!🖤

This might fit in LAVA as it doesn't have anything to do with this sub-forum. My opinion.

Don’t worry about it. I’ve requested that your post be reviewed by appropriate staff!

Take care and good luck, Marji. Welcome to Bluelight.

You are the only one who can make it happen babe.
And in all you wrote, I saw one major inspiration for you to draw from, and quite a few positives you have going for you right now too.

Your baby. How old is he? Is he with your parents while you get yourself sorted?
Being away from him must be really hard for you, and not very conducive for sobriety either huh?
When my adult kids stopped speaking to me for 6 months over my drinking problem it just caused me to sink further into fucked upness.

But you have a home!
And you have both a job now, who cares if it’s illegal, it’s serving it’s purpose for now, and good prospects for future work too!

You have all the pieces for the puzzle, now to put them together.

You are on meds, so do you have a good doctor that you can trust and talk to about this?
I wouldn’t have made the month I just did sober if I didn’t have tranquillisers I tell you lol
Mayve you can take something that accompanies your psych meds to help you get off the meth?