• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Identification of a Drug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Me.Myself.And.You

Greenlighter
My boyfriend and I have a roommate named Bob (made up name). He recently got paroled from prison after serving a little over seven years for check fraud, grand theft of a vehicle, and stealing from his workplace. He currently is prescribed Ritalin for his ADHD and takes it regularly. However, he snorts it instead of taking it as perscribed - we know this for sure since he came out and told us one night. The last few months, Bob has had a very hard time coming up with rent money ($360 a month, he makes $1200-$1500 a month at his two jobs). My boyfriend and I suspect that his money is going towards drugs, but we don't know which one. We've unsuccessfully looked up various drugs online trying to figure out which one it could be. I created a profile to post this to see if anyone on this site can help us figure it out. (I've read the forums on various topics many times but never posted.)

Signs he shows:

- Bob is unable to pay rent the last few months, also he never has money for food or cigarettes and says he doesn't know where his paychecks go when we ask him

- Bob stays awake for a couple days at a time then crashes for 15-20 hours straight, we've asked how he stays up for so long and he says caffeine but we never have soda or energy drinks in the house and there's never any in the trash

- Bob has a very short fuse some days and either refuses to acknowledge my boyfriend (Bob is my boyfriend's friend) or is very short and rude with him and towards me if I say anything to him; a day or two after his temper flares he acts like nothing happened and is unusally friendly and talkative. Usually the anger comes when he wakes up from a 15-20 hour sleep or before he goes to bed.

- Bob sometimes urinates very very frequently. Sometimes it is literally every 20 minutes or so. Which is strange because he doesn't drink much water or anything

- Bob has very violent, loud, smelly, and gruesome bowel movements to the extent that he uses at least half a roll every bathroom visit and flushes many times

- a few days ago at an intersection near where we live, Bob failed to yield to an oncoming vehicle while turning left during broad daylight. He says he "just wasn't paying attention", he admitted fault to police and insurance but had no reason for why it happened besides "I must've just not seen her". However, the accident and damage to both vehicles was so bad that he had to have pulled out at the last second, leaving us and the police confused as to how it even happened. The oncoming car was literally going 60mph no more than 20 yards away. My boyfriend and I believe that perhaps Bob was a little bit tweaked out on something. His car was very badly totaled and he was uninjured entirely (not even a sore back or neck which is virtually impossible from a tbone collision at 60 mph). This could mean he was very relaxed at the time of impact so it could've been oxycontin or something similar perhaps.

- Bob does have a parole officer but has not been drug tested since he was released and has bragged to my boyfriend that he probably never will get tested

- Bob does not drink alcohol (he is a recovered alcoholic and goes to meetings at a church once or twice a week) and he does not smoke marijuana; we know for sure he does not smoke marijuana because he told us he "doesn't like how it makes him feel" but when our goldfish had marijuana around him (not even smoking it just grinding it up and rolling joints) he insisted that our goldfish put it away and never have it near him because he didn't want a secondhand high

I can provide more details or information per request.

Thanks in advance for any help!

We agree haha. Any idea on which drug it could be? I'm thinking either pain killers or something in addition to Bob's Ritalin.

If he's staying awake for two days at a time, it's probably not pain killers. Or maybe it is. It might be a combination of things. Maybe he just gets fucked off of whatever his dealer has on sale.

Sounds like meth, or some other type of speed. Does Bob steal from you? If he's pissing a lot and staying awake for days then it's definitely not opiates.

I don't think he has a dealer though, he was locked up for a long time and isn't caught up with the lastest trends (Bob fell for a scam ad online and paid shipping and handling for an iphone 6 that never came in the mail). I doubt he's smart enough to find a dealer in the 8 months or so that he's been out.

Could painkillers combined with his Ritalin (Bob crushes the capsules and snorts them instead of taking them orally, like prescribed) have this effect on someone?

Yes, does he ever nod out? Sounds like he might have nodded at the wheel when he wrecked. Maybe he is combining a bunch of shit. It's hard for us to tell though :/

He had just woken up from a good night's sleep, talked with my boyfriend and I for half an hour or so, and left for a doctor's appointment. He crashed about half a mile from our house on a road he drives every day in broad daylight. Even the responding officers were baffled as to how it happened accidentally. Bob has nodded out a few times at one of his jobs (I work for his boss as well and his boss expressed concern about him a few days ago) but never driving, he swears he was awake and somehow missed the huge silver minivan that hit him. Also, Bob crashed his fiancee's vehicle a month ago. It was damaged but not totaled - again, it was his fault and he couldn't explain how.

Sounds like meth, or some other type of speed. Does Bob steal from you? If he's pissing a lot and staying awake for days then it's definitely not opiates.

I have noticed money missing from my purse a few times over the last few months, nothing over a few hundred in total (I work as a waitress so I consistently have cash on me), I thought I was just imagining it or that my boyfriend had grabbed some from my purse and forgot to tell me. He does pee a ton though, I'm pretty sure it's not meth though. I used to have a few friends that were addicts and he doesn't display the characteristics of meth abuse in my opinion.

The reason these threads are not allowed is because it is impossible for us to guess at what the substance might be. And us guessing at what it is could do more damage if you think it is something and it turns out to be something else. I would change this thread to "I am concerned my friend has drug problem what kind of signs should I be looking out for?" because as it stands this thread will not last long as an ID thread.

We don't allow subjective substance ID threads like this. Read the rules before posting again.

Status
Not open for further replies.