• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

ICE: In Case of Emergency

i heard this on nova the other day, i thought it was a really good idea. i was gonna put my b/f as my ice but i think if i was in an emergency he probably would be there too, so i settled for my dad.

Raz said:
That would be way cool. Mods?

I'll put a link to it in the annoucement thread, but as you've probably noticed, stickies tend to get forgotten and dusty up there at the top of the forum - so maybe if we just bump it from time to time to get it back around the top - I think more people will read it that way.

:)

sorry to be the downer, but what's wrong with just keeping mum/dad/parents? seems like the scare tactics are working to full effect.

^^^ Some people don't use their parents as their emergency contact.

Does nobody just have a fucking "HOME" entry in their phone, or an address/emerg contact on their liscense/keypass already?

I thought this was actually going to be about ice,disappointing it's making me crash..., on other note on my cell phone I have a profile named Ice and my phone only rings when tweakerish people call and whoever isn't vip it's just silent it saves a lot of stress, you know that the call is worth taking,cuz it's ringing,and then you get to pick up and say "tweak tweak" it's a new way of saying hello or bye tweak tweak=hello so yeah I will talk to you later tweak tweak=bye

I don't have an emergency contact. Sad to say, but there's no one in Australia I'd trust with my life.

-Thoth said:
Does nobody just have a fucking "HOME" entry in their phone, or an address/emerg contact on their liscense/keypass already?

Not everyone lives with someone.... plus I would rather alert my partner as I trust him to make decisions about my well being over any one else. Calling " HOME " wont get anyone in touch with my partner......

And if you called his " HOME " number, ur calling a different state!!!

My address on my licence is a Perth addy and im Melbs.. who has emergency contacts on their licence??????????

So your theory sucks... =D

nephron said:
I don't have an emergency contact. Sad to say, but there's no one in Australia I'd trust with my life.

but who's going to contact those that you do trust? surely you could put someone here who could get a hold of your family/friends, wherever they are?

joannie_mhm said:
but who's going to contact those that you do trust? surely you could put someone here who could get a hold of your family/friends, wherever they are?

Nope. No one I trust in the slightest who is at all contactable. :)

-Thoth said:
My HOME entry would be three people whom, while we get along great guns, we don't really know each other all that well as we've only been at the same house for a month or so.

And for the person who made the point about having parents or siblings listed in your phone...I was raised solely by my mother and she died 5 years ago. Until the past couple of years I barely spoke to my siblings, and would have much rather had my close friends be my emergency contact.

What reason is there to be a cynic about this idea EXCEPT to intentionally be an asshole, seriously??

nephron - can you not put the phone number of someone overseas as your ICE contact?
i mean, in an emergency situation i'm sure people won't mind forking out for an international phonecall

astrosmurf said:
nephron - can you not put the phone number of someone overseas as your ICE contact?
i mean, in an emergency situation i'm sure people won't mind forking out for an international phonecall

I could, but I dunno that they'd call them. I moved out of home at 16 and my mother's medical team have been calling me about her care since- even though she listed my much older sister as her next of kin. But I was in the same city, and my sister (who is my next of kin also) is in New Zealand. They didn't want to make the phone call to NZ to talk to an adult.

^Certainly was.

I tend to figure that unless I have a good solid next of kin in the same city the medical staff will just do whatever the hell they want anyway, and all I can hope is that they know what they're doing and make reasonable decisions.

I carry all my medical info in a conveniently located file on my phone. Just I case a medical tech ever needs it.

Honestly, a situation where I wouldn't be able to tell them myself (such as being unconcious) is extremely unlikely, but, just in case, it's probably a good idea for them to know that I'm allergic to dibenzazapines.