ice addict

pingalot

Greenlighter
I'm 31 years old got my own business make lots of cash and my drug use has got way out of control. I've been smoking and shooting ice for about 5 years on and off but the last six months I have got pretty bad. I can't really remember the last time I was compleatly straight!

I dont know what to do I use about 2 or three point a day have an endless supply of high quality shit and want to get off it but can't function without it. I'm in Brisbane isbut can't go to rehab cos my business needs me to run.

Can anyone out there help with ways to quit I've tried a couple of time but all ways give in. I think I like it too much but I hate it as well.

My teeth r rotting out people tell me I look like shit my business is going shit and me head is all fucked up I'm fucking over this shit and want out.

mate u gotta put kind of a contingency plan in place so that your business can be minded while you get your head straight...if you keep getting more involved with ice you will most likely lose your business....something it sounds like you dont wanna do

one of the most difficult drugs to quit... good luck to you sir

You need to go to rehab.

I was once like you. I wasn't using methamphetamine, but I was injecting morphine and hydromorphone on a daily basis. I tried quitting on my own, by white-knuckling it in isolation, thinking that getting clean was simply a matter of willpower. As a doctor, I also though that the world wouldn't continue to turn without me. After all, I had patients to care for, a practice to run, and a medical license to worry about. But I wasn't a good doctor when I was using, and I was just fooling myself to think otherwise. I needed the structure of residential care, especially if I was going to remain a doctor and work around the drugs I abused. I went to treatment, and I went for ninety solid days, and the world continued to function without me. My practice was still there when I was discharged, and my patients, lo and behold, managed to live with out me.

Using the amount that you are using of the drug that you are using, I think that rehab will give you your best shot at getting clean. If you've convinced yourself that you can't go, then you should be in Narcotics Anonymous every day, morning and evening, working with a sponsor.

www.na.org for a meeting in your location.

Here is what I see from your post about your usage.

You say you can't leave your business because it needs you to run, but then later on you say that your business is going to shit.

Wouldn't that imply that you yourself are driving your business into the ground?

I have never heard of anyone weaning their self from ice before, but to each his own.

My advice to you would be to get help before you completely destroy your life.

I guess the real question that is going to dictate the route you take to solve this problem is: How much longer can you/your business afford you using crystal.

You can try to attend Narcotics Anonymous or something similar first, but if that does not work then you have wasted a couple weeks with giving that type of treatment a chance.

If NA doesn't work then try Intensive Outpatient Rehab, and if you can't refrain from using while attending IOP then you should consider Inpatient Rehab.

From what I have read and seen about addiction to methamphetamine, chronic usage requires some type of intensive treatment regimen. I can't really recall reading about anyone with a habit like yours getting clean on their own. I am not saying that it has never happened, but I have spent a lot of time reading/watching programs about addiction to this substance. What that says to me is that it doesn't happen very often.

Anyway, I hope something I have said has provided you with some type of clarity, and I wish you the best in your attempts to straighten out your life.

Edit* ^^^ Missykins is a doctor IIRC I would take her advice as she knows what she is taking about.

You got to look at the Cause. We are all addicts in some shape of form. We have to look at what is causing us to lose contorl. Take a step back i can garantee you that it is your business that is the cause. You have to identify the Cause and then you can cure the addiction. Is money more important than life? ................................. After Vietnam alot of veterans were addicted to heroin and opium. A survey was done to show how many people remainded on these substances when they returned it was less than 10%. If you want study ill find it for you. The cause for the use was to numb their emotional stress from the war. Once the Cause was identified most of them seized to use the substance.

There are 3 kinds of Stress my friend. 1. You can walk away from when you see it. 2 You are stuck in a stressful situation and you simply cannot walk. This Stress must be delt with
through what ever means. Meditating, Boxing, Running etc the 3 and most messed up stage of stress is Unconsciousness and this is a killer. When you use substances to mask your stress. This is a big no no.

If a doctor told you tommorrow that you are going to die if you use meth you most probably will stop usage immediately. Get your priorities straight bro Cash means shit at the end of the day if you are killing yourself....

Our minds are amazing trust me ive done alot of research on to Quantum Physics and the Mind. Nothing is impossible. You can quit what ever you what when ever you want you just need to know how. FUCK REHAB. If you need more help about how your mind can help you overcome this problem you are facing i am more than willing to help you.

Be safe.

One more thing its either you want to quit usage or you don't its that simple. No Maybes or we will see how i go. Its a Yes or No answer.................................Does shit loads of money bring you happiness? if this was the case than rich people would not commit suicide. Your 30 in your peak of your life................. Look in the mirror and look dead in your eyes tell yourself what you want. Ill be quick it may help you. Theres this study conducted called "Hopelessness" A dog was strapped in a cage with a noose and zapped 100 times or more each time it tried to find the escape hole and get out after 100 odd times they released the noose and zapped him even though he felt the pain he didnt move because he felt hopeless. We are infinite beings and capable of doing anything. Dont ever feel hopeless in your fight agaisnt this drug and dont ever think i cant do anything about it because thats bullshit there is nothing holding us down except our negative thoughts. Normal people have a 4-1 negative to positive thought ratio hence we are always doubting ourselves ..... If you truely want to change look in the mirror look at urself in the eye and SAY YES I WANT TO CHANGE. IF you are half heated about it bro just keep doing what your doing and dont post things which justify your usage.