• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Ibogaine

GetMeOutOfThisCRAP

Bluelighter
I was wondering about Ibogaine's effectiveness being downplayed globally.. it doesn't always work but I've heard many bluelighters state that it was also the only thing to help them 100% overcome opiate addiction. Does anyone know any success stories with the treatment?

You might already know since I have talked about it extensively, and also wrote a full (very long and detailed) account of my flood dose. Ibogaine was life-changing for me. I had 5 years clean from opiates afterwards and totally changed my life for the better, it actually went far beyond just opiates and I dropped so many bad patterns. Nothing else has ever even come close to being as powerfully behaviorally modifying for me. It was a pivotal time in my life, I came out of it still in light withdrawals after the dust settled, but I had absolutely no desire at all to touch opiates to "solve" that. I also had a strong drive to start working out and get healthy, and to eat well. It was like waking up from a bad dream, where the bad dreams was all of the destructive mental and physical habits I had acquired over my adult life. And upon waking up, I saw those patterns as crazy, and just didn't do them anymore.

The experience was basically 3 straight days and nights of dreaming these super complex and often bizarre dreams. When I was awake and moving around on day 3, I was dreaming while awake, and the dreams were mixing with my conscious experience. I was unaware I was dreaming and did some weird stuff, the third day was the part that was dangerous because the first 2 days I just laid in bed. I did it at home and my friend watched over me, but we thought I'd be fine by day 3 so he went to work and I managed to think it was 5 days after, and I had broken my brain, and ended up trying to log into my work computer and wrote my boss a gibberish email, and sent my family and friends a bunch of gibberish texts. Had I been watched still, it would have been fine, because when my friend got off work he came right over, due to my gibberish texts, and told me what was going on and I calmed down. Other than that, I wasn't scared and it was not unpleasant at all. I took a total of 1200mg of ibogaine (which was 20 mg/kg for me at the time), but part of it was with the total alkaloid extract, which contains all of the plant alkaloids, some of which are very psychoactive. I then took a follow-up dose of 500mg on day 6, which was an important part of the experience. I spent the next few months after that with a post-glow that was profoundly powerful, I felt almost manic I was so happy. I had ibogaine visuals at night for 2 weeks afterwards. I rediscovered playing music and I had just split up with my abusive ex recently so my life was primed for change. I gained 25 pounds of muscle within 6 months. The 2 years that followed my flood dose were the best of my life, I dove into life head-first and transformed it.

Sadly I relapsed on opiates when visiting my parents on what turned out to be the last time I saw my dad, at the end of a years-long, horrible debilitating disease that took his life. My mom handed me an almost empty bottle of morphine solution of his and I was overwhelmed with pain that night and without even thinking, I drank it. Up until then, for the 5 years before then, I literally and truthfully had not one single opiate craving, I 100% believed I was past it forever. But that relapse put the "brain bug" back in my mind and I've been struggling again since, but my life is still infinitely better than it was, because of all the personal growth I did. At the moment I am tapering suboxone and I'm down to 0.5mg per day, and only have a few doses left. Determined to be done with opiates again, the past 3 years of being back on them (with one period of getting clean) have been really disappointing and bad, but I still have a different outlook on my own ability to choose my own destiny.

In short, it was totally life-changing for me, I tend to divide my life and personality into pre- and post-iboga. It was that impactful for me. I prepared very extensively and took advantage of my motivation afterwards. Also, my life was already changing in a positive way. If I hadn't changed anything about my life, I don't think it would have lasted long and I would have gone back to the way I was before long.

D
You might already know since I have talked about it extensively, and also wrote a full (very long and detailed) account of my flood dose. Ibogaine was life-changing for me. I had 5 years clean from opiates afterwards and totally changed my life for the better, it actually went far beyond just opiates and I dropped so many bad patterns. Nothing else has ever even come close to being as powerfully behaviorally modifying for me. It was a pivotal time in my life, I came out of it still in light withdrawals after the dust settled, but I had absolutely no desire at all to touch opiates to "solve" that. I also had a strong drive to start working out and get healthy, and to eat well. It was like waking up from a bad dream, where the bad dreams was all of the destructive mental and physical habits I had acquired over my adult life. And upon waking up, I saw those patterns as crazy, and just didn't do them anymore.

The experience was basically 3 straight days and nights of dreaming these super complex and often bizarre dreams. When I was awake and moving around on day 3, I was dreaming while awake, and the dreams were mixing with my conscious experience. I was unaware I was dreaming and did some weird stuff, the third day was the part that was dangerous because the first 2 days I just laid in bed. I did it at home and my friend watched over me, but we thought I'd be fine by day 3 so he went to work and I managed to think it was 5 days after, and I had broken my brain, and ended up trying to log into my work computer and wrote my boss a gibberish email, and sent my family and friends a bunch of gibberish texts. Had I been watched still, it would have been fine, because when my friend got off work he came right over, due to my gibberish texts, and told me what was going on and I calmed down. Other than that, I wasn't scared and it was not unpleasant at all. I took a total of 1200mg of ibogaine (which was 20 mg/kg for me at the time), but part of it was with the total alkaloid extract, which contains all of the plant alkaloids, some of which are very psychoactive. I then took a follow-up dose of 500mg on day 6, which was an important part of the experience. I spent the next few months after that with a post-glow that was profoundly powerful, I felt almost manic I was so happy. I had ibogaine visuals at night for 2 weeks afterwards. I rediscovered playing music and I had just split up with my abusive ex recently so my life was primed for change. I gained 25 pounds of muscle within 6 months. The 2 years that followed my flood dose were the best of my life, I dove into life head-first and transformed it.

Sadly I relapsed on opiates when visiting my parents on what turned out to be the last time I saw my dad, at the end of a years-long, horrible debilitating disease that took his life. My mom handed me an almost empty bottle of morphine solution of his and I was overwhelmed with pain that night and without even thinking, I drank it. Up until then, for the 5 years before then, I literally and truthfully had not one single opiate craving, I 100% believed I was past it forever. But that relapse put the "brain bug" back in my mind and I've been struggling again since, but my life is still infinitely better than it was, because of all the personal growth I did. At the moment I am tapering suboxone and I'm down to 0.5mg per day, and only have a few doses left. Determined to be done with opiates again, the past 3 years of being back on them (with one period of getting clean) have been really disappointing and bad, but I still have a different outlook on my own ability to choose my own destiny.

In short, it was totally life-changing for me, I tend to divide my life and personality into pre- and post-iboga. It was that impactful for me. I prepared very extensively and took advantage of my motivation afterwards. Also, my life was already changing in a positive way. If I hadn't changed anything about my life, I don't think it would have lasted long and I would have gone back to the way I was before long.
Did you do your ibogaine trip at a clinic, or woth a sitter or what?

What kind of things did you make sure you have with you as safety measures in case things went awry? Did you have benzos on hand to try to calm/kill the trip if necessary? Could you eat or drink on your own during the trip?

Im considering ibogaine and have iboga root on hand. My issue is that I have seizures thay get triggered by THC as well as DMT. I am very scared that I could wind up damaging myself if iboga were to trigger seizures. I have several mg of Xanax on hand too that may help if thay happened, but it scares me. I would start out super low. Like literally dust on my tongue as a microdose...but still.

idk, any advice you can give would be appreciated. My life is incredible. I have a great job. Beautiful home. Incredible partner and dog. Home gym I use regularly. But I just can't stop using the downers (opioids and carisoprodol). I want to stop so bad. I am not physically dependent on the carisoprodol btw, just the opioids. But I have become too weak and the second I feel withdrawals coming on I want to FIX them...obviously by dosing.

So, am I correct in assuming that it's extremely dangerous at worst to take Ibogaine while on an SSRI like prozac, and at best, that it would render it ineffective?

Seems to be the case with most psychs other than shrooms, LSD, LSA and Salvia.