• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ibogaine Qs regarding redosing, other drug interactions and microdosing for mild opiate withdrawal

hypomanic hedonist

Greenlighter
I should be able to acquire some ibogaine within the next couple of days. I am aiming to reset my brain because I have gone back to intermittent opiate use due to depression following quitting a 2 year subutex habit (with many previous bouts of opiate addiction over the years). A couple months after a hard detox I found myself using every now and then in a sometimes successful attempt to temporarily cure debilitating depression (I'm bipolar but this depressive episode has been one of my worst). While using was no guarantee of stopping feeling depressed it often helped and I would try and take enough days off to not get withdrawals again. I Pushed my luck a bit far and felt minor withdrawals the other day and decided to once again ask around for ibogaine and for once someone should be able to get me it tomorrow or the day after. I'm getting 500mg for a pretty high price (so definitely don't want to waste it). I'm not just wanting to get away without this very minor withdrawal I have coming I'm hoping my brain gets reset in a way that leaves me less prone to depression as I'm more sensitive to natural endorphins. I would probably like to get a gd trip out of it as well although I may opt for having it in 3 smaller doses if that will work as well at resetting my opiate receptors. Last sniffed 2mg subutex 6 days ago (didn't the day before so no buildup) and been having a bit of h since (usually just a few lines at a time). I will stop completely once I've had the ibogaine

Questions
1. Do I have to wait until I feel as much of the sweats as I am going to before taking it to avoid h or opium tea blocking it or it's restorative effects?
2. Will the negative physical and mental effect of the extremely mild withdrawal I am going to feel still be there during much of the trip?
3. Will any metabolites of taking 2mg subutex 7 days ago as of tomorrow (earliest time I might end up taking it) have any blocking effect on the trip.
4. If I try a microdose before my flood dose will this still help very mild withdrawal?
5. Would taking a microdose first, the 500mg over a couple of doses a few hours apart or the same dose 2 days in a row diminish it like lsd?
6. Is there any reason quetiapine (6-7 hour half life and mainly binds to histamine receptors at low doses) being in trace amounts in my system (thinking 50mg one night, none the next night then ibogaine) would interfere with anything.
7. Would there be any harm in valium remaining in my system from a previous day?
8. Can I combine it with ketamine?
9. Would 500mg be enough to reset my brain much? Do you think for it to have a beneficial long term effect I would be better off having the 3 days of feeling a bit shitty from my opiate relapse and then taking the dose if I want to try and get my brain as sensitive to natural endorphins as possible?
10. I know metabolites linger in the body. Which drugs must I avoid and for how long? Would drugs being present reset receptors to expect them?
11. How intense an experience do you think I would get from a dose that is 500mg or lower and would this likely mean no sleep even if I dosed in the morning?

I get the sense that you should be asking these questions to a paid professional (there are people experienced in these things that run iboga/ine retreat centers that would be willing to consult with you), but I'll try a few of them.

1. Yes. Wait as long as you can--mixing h or opium tea with iboga is deadly dangerous. It's not a matter of merely blocking its effects--it's a matter of causing heart failure.
2. Probably not. From what I've heard, one of the first things iboga / ibogaine does is remove the withdrawals. Or rather, it transmutes it into the lessons you will then learn about yourself and where the addiction came from.
3. Dunno, but I doubt that's a safe combination. Avoid mixing iboga with, really, anything else. Maybe weed or mushrooms are good, but beyond that, it gets tricky.
4. Yes, it should help. Just don't mix it opioids and iboga.
5. Repeated dosing is fine. There isn't really a tolerance build-up with iboga. It complements itself quite well.
6. No idea. Ask a professional.
7. same as above
8. same as above. my guess is it would be safe, but why do it? Anything ketamine can do, iboga can do better, as far as I'm concerned.
9. It could be enough. A little goes a long way. Sometimes people change their habits long-term from just a little microdose. It's not about the quantity, or even the substance, but rather the behavioral change you're looking for, right? You'd be surprised at what makes people change on the inside. Sometimes it can be the littlest things.
10. need professional advice
11. Who knows. I know that people have had life-changing experiences on 500mg of ibogaine, and other times people have done whole flood doses and felt nothing, like they skipped the trip. Everyone is different. There's only one way to find out...

Maybe have a look here:

🙏

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice guys. I staggered the dosing out throught the night and got a mild trip a bit like lsd. It seemed to prevent withdrawal while on it and the next day was pretty easygoing but on day 4 the withdrawals kicked in hard. Later realised it was probably the combination of it with a hangover. I ended up not sticking it out after then really pranging out. My mental health was really messing up but this was a long time coming as I'd been depressed for a while and the transition into hypomania usually involves feeling really energetically shit with intrusive thoughts and images. Even after smoking a bag of gear that day (only used subutex since) and the next 2 days taking enough subutex for a buzz (8mg much more than I need) it was really hard to act normal so I hid in my room so ppl wouldn't see how messed up I was. Since even after throwing in the towel it took my brain some time to settle and me to be in any way functional I think it was just the wrong time. I had 6mg today and I'll do 4 tomorrow coos I reli need to go to the bank and I can still get really sketched out about going out plus my mental health is really rapidly changing atm. Planning to find what my true maintainance dose is within at least the next week cos I'm having less mental health symptoms by the day so will soon be easier to cope with life without a buzz and then reduce slowly at a time when my mental health is stable. I might try ibogaine again when I fully come off but space it out more. It seemed to help a lot while in my system but I was hoping I'd reset my brain and magically get away with having started using again if I took enough. I think for me personally it might only be useful at that dose or less if seen as symptom relief medicine that I need to make last the duration of withdrawals. Also I think I'll def switch to opium tea or something sooner just incase that interferes. I've heard of some retreats saying you have to be off it for weeks so maybe Rhythumspring was right about this being stuff that the professionals would know best about

Iboga/ine is practically ineffective if you do not make lifestyle changes, as many as you can in the positive direction, during the afterglow. I hope you're changing your scenery in a way that supports your recovery.