Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Ibogaine - First Time - My ibogaine experience

cherries27

Greenlighter
I hope I am doing this right lol I am new to making threads...here is my back story. I am 29 I have had an opiate addiction (meaning any and all opiates) and at about age 23 started shooting instead of snorting or PO. Also I switched to methadone maintenance which sucked the life out of me and began smoking crack. I hated hard so bad. Yet I had to smoke it cuz I had no energy from the methadone! I became even more depressed because I couldn't stop either. I thought life was bad just banging but good god add some coke in the mix and life is horrible. I tried the rehab route. They left me on vomit and pissy sheets all 4 days I was there. Checked myself out and shot up 10 min later! My husband found out about ibogaine via research for alternatives and found Joe rogan! About a year later my taxes got direct deposited and the next day I bought my plane ticket and left florida for rosarita mexico. And that's where the story gets more rosy
In preparation for ibogaine I switched from methadone to dilaudid 3 weeks in advance. When I got to Mexico I had exactly 3 days worth of meds so this HAD to work. I put everything into making this trip. Did my blood work and ekg and despite having hep c antibodies as do about 80% of bangers I was all good! I arrived on Saturday night got nestled in and Monday 10 am was my last dose. 60mg of blues. Of course I was in full detox by 7pm which was when they hooked me up to iv and ekg. I laid in bed anticipating my test dose! Most people stop wd with the test dose. Not my ass lol. I had to wait an hr for my first real dose! Still nothin!! Second dose another hr later still nothin!!! Finally she brings my 3rd pill and about 10 30 pm I was finally out of wd and the buzzing began.
Now I welcome the buzzing but at first I was fighting the sound. Scratching in my ear cuz it felt like bees flying in my ears. But it was a warm feeling not a harsh painful feeling. Then something came over my whole body and told to relax. And I even said out loud "ok". I remember my nurse saying "what did you say?" Haha. All of a sudden I was pulled up really high then dropped into this big black space with no light what so ever. Now I know why the voice told me to relax. I was freaking out! I thought u was supposed to relax so he could show me something good!
I screamed for my nurse and asked her to hold my hand like a child. When I felt her hand touch mine I flung it away. I realized the outside world's energy was affecting my trip. We laughed about this the next day. I think it did comfort me to know she was there tho.
I felt like I was in this space forever but then I remember that voice told me to relax maybe I should try it...so I again let go over my ties holding me down and I was flung up into the air so high but i was not scared anymore. I was floating over a world that looked like earth but wasnt. It was just pure peaceful. People had relationships but didn't struggle. They just were and it was great. Then as soon as it began it ended and I was dropped back into the black! But this time was different I looked around relaxed expecting to go back up but was pushed even further below! All of a sudden I was in a wooden canoe of sorts floating through lava. These dry lava rock monsters began attacking my body (the only time I see my body during my trip, it was covered with rock as well). I was fighting them at first and they kept trying to pull off what I thought was my armor. Then the only voice I ever heard during my trip screams "stop fighting we are trying to get the methadone off of you! " So what I thought was my protection was really just a heavy weight and I had to go back to my personal hell for them to be able to remove it! As soon as the last piece was removed from my right arm I was so light that I flew back up over the earth like plant and this time I was so light I could feel the air and see the colors.
My only other visions was my watching 7mm frames float through my view. Pictures of my grandma and grandpa who meant the world to me, a picture of my mother when she was in college (my favorite pic of her), and then a picture of my sister. Then a picture of my kids and husband floated in front of me over and over and his voice came out and said the last thing he said to me before I left "Just come back home to us baby". Then I would fly over that planet and the pictures would replay.
I was abused at an early age and thought that was a big part of my addiction but what I realized and was told telepathically is that it was simply me making bad decisions. I already had the closure to those problems and that I need to mend the issues that I had now. I know that might be depressing to some people to hear it's your fault you are fucked up but I felt relieved!! I could fix myself I can fix the other people that I blamed so this could be repairable!!! I was actually excited. My trip ended much earlier than the other in my clinic. By 5:30 am I was up on my feet and wanted a shower. I wanted to talk to my husband and tell him I was sorry. It was my fault! But it was too early in the morning and he was watching our 3 kids by him so I could get clean. So I impatiently waited till 1130 California time (we live in Florida) to call home. I felt like crap for 3 days. The most intensive restlessness I've ever endured but guess what?! No withdrawls!!! I later found out I could have taken xanax to get thru which I would have had I known!! I didn't sleep at all until the 3rd day. The 3rd day I slept in 2 hr increments maybe got a total of 5 hrs of sleep. It was horrible but so worth it. I truly believe if I hadn't gone through my mental transformation I would have relapsed. I have not used since. I have to be honest I have been picking up the pieces to the puzzle I messed up while on drugs so it has not been cake walk since arriving home. But this time I'm dealing with my problems sober! I haven't been sober since I was 18! The moral of the story is I want to let people know you can get off methadone. But you need go to ibogaine and put in the work, way less work than rehab and more fulfilling. It is so worth it tho!!!!!

interesting report, I am so glad you got off the shit, and that it was such an important trip for you.
(btw I think this would be better suited for the Trip Reports section)

cheers my friend, have an awesome day :)

So glad you're doing better, special story <3

How long ago did you have this experience?

I'll move it over from PD to TR for you... (the dosage & title format doesn't really apply here so I'll leave the tt be)

This was well written and very touching. Life isn't always a cake-walk but the lesson on coping goes on well beyond the Iboga session. I so wish you and your family the best for the future.

Ok thanks :) I have no idea how to do that anyway haha.it has been almost 3 months now. And I'm saving for my second. I don't know if I'm aloud to say where I went but if u wanna know a safe place to be taken care of make sure you do research I almost got conned. Very sad that ppl are taking advantage of ppl. Remember never pay a deposit!!

I just took a flood dose of ibogaine for opiate addiction exactly 2 weeks ago. I did it at home, under in retrospect not enough supervision, but it turned out fine. I'm working on writing my report, it was an incredible experience. I am clean now and have changed so much about my life already, in a positive direction. I'm so glad it's worked for you also. :)

Hey, now that I am modding TR again, I changed your title slightly to fit the standards. Let me know if it wasn't really your first time with ibogaine like I assumed.

Ok perfect. And I'm glad it turned out good for u. I have not heard too many horror stories except when people mixed other drugs with the ibogaine!! I just saw ur other post and u were saying it was a mellow vibe. Mine was mellow to but definitely stimulating because I was very aware of my outside body. I wish I had felt tired because maybe that would have helped me sleep. It was like being on a meth high for 3 days after. U know that tired feeling u get yet u r super awake?! I was so grateful to sleep on the 3rd day!! N e one else had that issue and found a remedy? I am wanting to do it a second time but am dreading the Grey days...I could deal with them if I could just sleep at night. Any advice is welcomed

Wow, for me I was dreaming comfortably for 2 days, then the next day I was dreaming while awake and I felt awesome but I wasn't being watched and I ended up freaking out for a bit because I had no ability to function. Then the 4th - 7th days I felt more amazing than I have ever felt before, it was beautiful. Like I said in PD, I think the TA extract should always be part of your dose, for addiction or whatever. I feel like ibogaine HCl cannot provide the entire experience, and the other alkaloids round it all out and make it perfect.

Im going to a facility and I wonder if I can request a different style of treatment like that. Maybe if I emphasize that I have bad restlessness regularly they will try to help me out there. And I couldn't stop laughing bout the freakin out thing cuz I freaked out a bit during my trip. I told u bout the holding hand thing in my story. Well i also had a pulse ox on my Finger and I ripped it off cuz it felt like 10 lbs but when I closed my eyes I freaked out cuz I was like what if I stop breathing they won't know haha! And u know u can barely lift ur head so I was feeling around the bed for it and put it back on my fingwr. I think I did it 3 more times after that. I always freak out at least once on hard drugs so I knew I needed someone there. Shit when I take sleeping pills when they kick in I always tell my husband to check on me when he comes to bed and make sure I'm breathing lol. So I KNOW I couldn't do ibogaine on my own. And u r lucky u didn't do n e thing stupid when u freaked out. U r very fortunate for everything to have gone well. I'm assuming u did a lot of research and knew u were healthy. Some people are not as smart as u r when they do serious drugs like this

Yeah I kinda did, I emailed my boss with the world's most incriminating email, but he already knew about my addiction to opiates that I was trying to get past, so I told him the truth (because the email made it obvious something was going down), and he was supportive and even asked me what it was like (even though he's not a drug user except caffeine, tobacco and alcohol). So it turned out fine but if I had emailed my higher boss, I may have gotten fired. Or if I didn't work at such a good place. Could have been bad. I could have decided to drive around, I could have decided to go talk to my neighbors (it's possible I did talk to a neighbor but I have been too afraid to ask him). I was totally immobile for 2 days, all this stuff happened on the third day. But I felt utterly calm the whole time, except for when I got in my head I was supposed to be working and though I was getting in trouble. The only real mistake I made was misjudging the amount of time I would need a sitter. I did get my friend to watch me as long as he could but he was busy with work, he checked on me every day, but after the first 20 hours had to leave, I first woke up at all as he checked on me at 20 hours so it was basically not anywhere near enough time to be watched. I am no longer with my wife, she would have been able to watch me the whole time, but I have no one else who could do that here. I have no money to go to a clinic either. So this was my option. Even though it was risky, I'm so glad I did it because now I'm free and I have turned the unhealthy habits in my life around and replaced them with healthy habits. It's been one of the biggest miracles in my life thus far. :)

And yeah I did a month of research and made sure I was healthy and bought a blood pressure monitor (my pulse barely even went up at any point, another feature of the TA I think, it wasn't stimulating at all). I have never prepared better for a psychedelic experience. Even so, doing a flood dose of ibogaine at home is risky, any way you look at it. I wouldn't recommend it to very many people. I figured I'd be more or less in control since I've tripped more times than I can count and had many incredibly intense experiences, but this blew them all out of the water by a thousand times.

Yeah ask the clinic if they will give you partly TA, I really do feel that it's important for the full experience.

It makes me laugh every time I read ur story. It's not cuz it's funny but if u have experience a trip and read people saying the things they thought were gonna happen and how different it was it's amusing. Especially if u been thru it. I knew it wasn't gonna be easy I knew I couldn't handle a trip by myself lol. And it's like the ultimate drunk text! U r so lucky u didn't get behind the wheel omg!!! So so glad u r ok

Yeah I'm lucky for sure. My trip was so different from anything I've read, I know what you mean. Every trip is individual and unique, but it's still fun to read other peoples' experiences. :)

The main thing I've heard is that with Ibogaine the visionary period is shorter; it certainly works fine for addiction though.
How many times you done Iboga Xorkoth? I have read that TA adds something - I've not done it without so can't say if it's true; it's certainly possible it adds something but I'm not totally covinced you can't have a full experience without, but who knows.
I will say the time I took the highest ratio of TA to Ibogaine it was one hell of a lot harder on the body in terms of nausea/vertigo etc; my "a rough ride" TR

Personally I don't see the problem doing this at home with caveats - clinics and people working in the field caution agaisnt it but this is partly they don't want even an outside change for anything to screw up the scene. No one would suggest you bang up street drugs outside a medical setting either. Problems seem to have declined with careful use, health checks etc and you need supervision but I am not convinced Iboga is a dangerous poison either.

Anyway good luck both.

Just the once... well I took a roughly 350mg equivalent trip with part TA 6 days after the flood dose which was different from the flood dose (but amazing, and the visions were more cohesive and awesome to experience, very metaphysical, whereas the flood dose visions/dreams were really random a lot of the time, pulled directly from my subconscious or largely. The follow-up dose visions seemed from beyond me or at least were on a higher level).

For the record, my HCl + TA experience (more HCl than TA by a lot, but 500mg of TA, it was 500mg TA, 950mg HCl) didn't even raise my heart rate appreciably and was utterly relaxing and beautiful feeling the whole time (and for like 7 days). It seemed like the farthest thing from poison, it felt way smoother than almost any psychedelic I have tried.

I suspect some of those traditional week long superdoses using bark might be a bit rough but lots of people are reporting it's not too bad (yep the TA was a bit rough for me) and not up to some of what ones hears and nor does the trip have to be horrid. I found them very interesting and MGS reported here loving his.

My trip was full-on for over 3 days, like no ability to function or put aside the dream visions. And I was certainly under its influence for 7 days, more since I took a booster on day 6 (due to a panic-initiated slip with opiates), but days 4-7 (especially 4 and 5) were characterized by an intense, intense wonderful feeling, like everything in my life was perfect and I felt utterly comfortable physically and mentally, and was still pretty intense to people I think (the whole time starting on day 3 when I could actually move and communicate, I felt very sociable and gregarious). I loved the whole experience so much, it was perfect, and it also felt physically amazing the whole time, never was there a single moment of unpleasantness even during the rocketship come-up (though I actually blacked out for 8-12 hours within a half hour or less of taking the remainder of my dose, but before that it still felt good).

My follow-up dose was about equivalent to 350mg, mostly TA, and it was one of the best trips of my life, just amazing, equally dissociative as psychedelic, and it also felt awesome physically.