• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction I wrote a 357 page Drug Education and Harm Reduction manual. You can get it here for FREE!!! Spread honest drug knowledge!

Im talking about, really, ultimately, in a pharmacological sense.

Raw sugar cane to white sugar is nature to a substance the human brain simply cannot maintain equilibrium under the perpetual onslaught of.

White sugar is right up there with the most harmful substances of all time, individually and collectively, yet has flown under radar and recognition to a large extent.

There is a vefy Informative book on the entire chronological origin of the emergence of white sugar as a product and a trade, the politics of it all- British Empire's rise to power essemtially....and the pharmacology and historical impact on health and sickness in society.

It's called, I think "The Sugar Blues" by William Duffy.

Of course that's technically correct. But try telling me fat bastards dont crave sweet foods.
Yes people crave sweet foods but people also crave salty food at times too. Shit some pregnant women crave coal! Lol!

It’s easy to make sugar the bad guy in relation to obese people, the fact is they overeat and don’t move.

My coincidence i came across this the other day.
See I’ve already explained the nuances of rat studies when it comes to sugar on another thread. I’m not going over it again but basically rats are chosen who already show preference to the glucose solution, they are starved, they are fed in eating windows which of course means they will consume more etc etc.

The real drug is dopamine hits. Kids sitting inside watching a flashing tv all day at like 2 are frying there reward centers

My coincidence i came across this the other day.
Funnily, after nearly 41 years of arguable difficult living at times, I have been lately, very strongly warming to the concept that there are no coincidences. ;)

Of course, and please keep in mind, I may not make sense currently after somehow compelling myself to take exactly 3475 ug LSD in 6 days, some of which was plugged 1st time ever, to astounding success.

Hope you are doing okay @negrogesic and sorry we kind of brushed up in disagreement, and I was really sorry your Grandma was sick.

I lost my own, single Nan in 2010. I still miss her now. She was my closest friend in life I swear.

I was just a bit upset when I felt you unfairly insinuated I never had a reliable daignosis of Lyme, The same query of the Corona aside. Without really knowing me or my extensive, complex case history of multiple conditions, chronologically.

I didn't want to go into details, take up a debate that's all.

Try telling that to all the fat cunts out there...

But it all depends upon how you define a drug.

Here is one of the (many) online definitions:

"a chemical substance used in the treatment, cure, prevention, or diagnosis of disease or used to otherwise enhance physical or mental well-being".

Sugar could very easily fall into the latter half of that definition.
This is indeed how I feel. I wouldn't call it a very intoxicating drug, but there is definitely something there.

I am the same person from r/Drugs if you saw that post. I want it to gain more visibility since it went over well on Reddit.

Know your Drugs.
Know your Source.
Know yourSELF.

<3 Love to the drugs community! BE SAFE BE SMART!

molecules-generated-by-the-release-deep-reinforcement-learning-algorithm-_-unc-eshelman-school-_-science-advances-_-25-july-2018.png

(I don't know what drugs these are - I just liked the picture XD)

LINK TO BOOK

Table Of Contents to draw interest:
PART I - Opening
4 - Disclaimer!
5 - The List - What drugs have I done?
9 - Preface
16 - About Me
22 - Addiction
26 - “Graphing” Addiction (My visual view of addiction)
34 - Getting “High” Without the Drugs

PART II - Safety
38 - Safety 1 – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
45 - Safety 2 – Do’s and Do nots of drug use
46 - Safety 3 – Sample Steps to take drugs
49 - Safety and Suggestion for Various Routes of Administration (RoA)
55 - How to use this Book

PART III – Drug Chapters "The Big 12"
63 - Sugar (17pg)
80 - Caffeine (17pg)
97 - Nicotine (22pg)
117 - Alcohol (23pg)
140 - Cannabis (22pg)
162 - Benzodiazepines (23pg)
185 - Amphetamines (28pg)
212 - Cocaine (22pg)
234 - Opioids (40pg)
274 - MDMA (27pg)
301 - Ketamine (22pg)
324 - LSD (24pg)

348 - Glossary

If you feel like you want to donate to make publishing this book a possibility, I have a GFM link on the second page of the book :). I am here to answer any questions you may have. I also humbly accept any criticism.
Ketamine tends to increase the heart rate, Tachardyia (100+ BPM) and Hypertension are common side effects of ketamine both in sub anaesthetic and anaesthetic doses though this is rarely problematic. Things to watch out for are shortages of breath, bluing or paling of skin and chest pressure (Pulmonary Oenemea and Cardiac Arrest) though these are exceedingly uncommon, especially the latter, the former is rarely fatal if emergency treatment is promptly received. Only in patients with depleted catecholamines will ketamine cause Bracardyia (Heart Rate<60BPM) and Hypotension (Reduction in blood pressure). Further, it is worth mentioning that while ketamine on its own is not a respiratory depressant, at least not in doses taken by humans, when coupled with CNS depressants such as benzodiazepines, opiates or alcohol it can have synergistic effects and promote the respiratory depression of other drugs.

Last edited:
Ketamine tends to increase the heart rate, Tachardyia (100+ BPM) and Hypertension are common side effects of ketamine both in sub anaesthetic and anaesthetic doses though this is rarely problematic. Things to watch out for are shortages of breath, bluing or paling of skin and chest pressure (Pulmonary Oenemea and Cardiac Arrest) though these are exceedingly uncommon, especially the latter, the former is rarely fatal if emergency treatment is promptly received. Only in patients with depleted catecholamines will ketamine cause Bracardyia (>60BPM) and Hypotension (Reduction in blood pressure). Further, it is worth mentioning that while ketamine on its own is not a respiratory depressant, at least not in doses taken by humans, when coupled with CNS depressants such as benzodiazepines, opiates or alcohol it can have synergistic effects and promote the respiratory depression of other drugs.
Yes. I personally would not seek to combine ketamine with benzodiazepines.

It paired terribly with alcohol.

And even cannabis felt unfruitful, depending on time and scenario.

The tachycardia I'm not familiar with though myself.

I used about 3-5 grams per week of pure uncut pharmaceutical ketamine 20 years ago for several years.

I don't recall a noticeably elevated heart rate myself.

Yes. I personally would not seek to combine ketamine with benzodiazepines.

It paired terribly with alcohol.

And even cannabis felt unfruitful, depending on time and scenario.

The tachycardia I'm not familiar with though myself.

I used about 3-5 grams per week of pure uncut pharmaceutical ketamine 20 years ago for several years.

I don't recall a noticeably elevated heart rate myself.
Tachycardia is an interesting condition since it's defined as anything above 100bpm but that is not actually particularly fast or noticeable. When most people stand up and walk around they will have a similar heart rate. Nonetheless, it is a common misconception that ketamine reduces heart rate when in fact in 99% of cases it does the opposite.

Tachycardia is an interesting condition since it's defined as anything above 100bpm but that is not actually particularly fast or noticeable. When most people stand up and walk around they will have a similar heart rate. Nonetheless, it is a common misconception that ketamine reduces heart rate when in fact in 99% of cases it does the opposite.
Yes I never walked about imagining ketamine reduces heart rate.

I obviously never observed an increase either though purely from extensive experience. Now cannabis to this day and from ever, sure does noticeably elevate my heart rate.

I've always had an exceptionally strong heart though. I counted a pulse at 35, 39 years prior. Just immaculately fut and constitutionally strong I was.

43-46 was regular resting rate for long time.

That's beyond Olympic fitness level pulse rate. 50-60 also common thyough times in life.

It's always possible to revert to low or under 50 given circumstances and condition.

So I may nog have noticed a mild elevation from ketamine myself more than another.

But, from my own personal heavy and deep experience taking frm observation and record, and everybody I knew, saw and was around in those years near London, I felt ketamine was a very safe drug.

It never physically harmed me or left me on injured, sick, depressed, unmotivated, regretfull, or even personally or spiritually polluted or weakened.

Unlike exstacy ofc. And lots drugs. But I never encountered either strangely except a few sideline tales eventually, the bladder problem side of ketamine.

Except for that very unfortunate factor, I'd argue ketamine to be very user friendly, personality gentle and physically safe used relatively responsibly.

I obviously never observed an increase either though purely from extensive experience. Now cannabis to this day and from ever, sure does noticeably elevate my heart rate.

I've always had an exceptionally strong heart though. I counted a pulse at 35, 39 years prior. Just immaculately fut and constitutionally strong I was.

That's beyond Olympic fitness level pulse rate. 50-60 also common thyough times in life.

It's always possible to revert to low or under 50 given circumstances and condition.

So I may nog have noticed a mild elevation from ketamine myself more than another.

But, from my own personal heavy and deep experience taking frm observation and record, and everybody I knew, saw and was around in those years near London, I felt ketamine was a very safe drug.

It never physically harmed me or left me on injured, sick, depressed, unmotivated, regretfull, or even personally or spiritually polluted or weakened.

Unlike exstacy ofc. And lots drugs. But I never encountered either strangely except a few sideline tales eventually, the bladder problem side of ketamine.

Except for that very unfortunate factor, I'd argue ketamine to be very user friendly, personality gentle and physically safe used relatively responsible

Except for that very unfortunate factor, I'd argue ketamine to be very user friendly, personality gentle and physically safe used relatively responsibly.
Do you regularly test your blood pressure
Do you regularly test your blood pressure? A heart rate that low could be dangerous depending on other hemodynamic factors. Ketamine is quite unlikely to cause serious injury, the estimated ranges of annual death per user are about 1 in 100,000-250,000 (though probably somewhere in the middle of the two) if used on its own in the UK. Compare this to driving a car (1 in 38000), cancer (1 in 3500) or alcohol (1 in 3000) and you start to see how safe ketamine is comparable to other recreational substances or just life itself. The chance of death from polydrug use with ketamine is higher but this could be attributed to the toxicity of other substances rather than ketamine itself though in the case of downers the effect would most likely be synergistic in cases of fatal overdose.