• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I wonder why (comedown thread) and misc thoughts on it.

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
I’ve always noticed opiates are better for comedowns then anything, even benzos. Most benzos are good but tend to make me a little manic further messing with the slight depression and anxiety. I suppose I could remedy this by talking to my doctor about getting on extended release adderall. But for now I’ve found oxycodone is perhaps the best for my comedowns. Cocaine included. Forgive me for not doing my own research, but does opiates block norepinephrine and other dopamine similar pathways? I’ve always wondered why the bliss felt with oxycodone especially at a lower tolerance masks it so well. Also, why do we continue to produce SSRI’s in your own opinion?
It seems to me would would embrace methadone therapy for some, or Suboxone, as an off label treatment. Provided we weren’t under a self induced self labeled “opiate crisis” in a perfect world, or maybe even a European side of thought has proven this time and time again. Safe access allows people to be comfortable with getting the help they need. I don’t think we should discount opiates since most with treatment resistant depression often gravitate towards meth type or opiate type drugs in my own eyes, I suppose it all boils down to money. For most, this I think would cure it to a point you wouldn’t have some, not all on 5 different psychiatric meds at a time. Some may need it. My doctor has informed me mental illness is a lot larger problem then we make it to Be. So a one size fits all seems like it would help but I’m sure it would cause a lot more trauma in other places of people’s life that I haven’t considered. Now I see why belushi went the way he did

I say perfect now underestimating that 4-6 hours in conjunction with Oxycodone taken about an hour ago, and Although I feel the warmth, also a stomach feeling that I look for with opiates that’s ever so pleasant. It feels really diluted compared to yesterday. I assume tolerance and stimulants are building against that. But I know can see how some people with heavy opiate usage would be extremely disappointed with this and increase dosage. I’m fine with this cause I know in another hour I’ll peak and I’ll be almost ready to take a nap. I don’t find this in benzos sadly. I’ve taken “street” xans that knocked me out. But only God knows whether they were pressed. I assume not as they weren’t crumbly. But I’m not a pill identifier. So unless I see it come from pharm I’m not taking it.

It depends...for just traditional stimulants, sure, IMO it works quite well for the comedown, makes your body feel nice and relaxed etc. But for other drugs (like psychedelic hallucinogens etc.) I'd prefer a benzo

I never understood the stigma of Suboxone and methadone and the hoops one must jump through to receive it. Doctors need special waivers to prescribe Suboxone yet a nurse practitioner can readily hand out Prozac and lithium scripts at the first sign of anxiety and depression. Opiate withdrawal is terrible but at least your sane. My sister came off of lexapro and lithium and had a mental breakdown and psychosis and lost her mind for weeks. The dangers of SSRIs and the side effects are greatly understated.

That said I don’t think any drug or chemical is the solution to dissatisfaction of life. I don’t even think drugs are a good long term solution to things such as anxiety and depression because science shows drugs lose effectiveness across almost every category.

Even when I was on Suboxone I never felt my dose kept me “happy” and often was on edge. Methadone was similar and I found myself frequently upping my dose to chase the relief that my tolerance to drugs would not allow to happen.

The reality I’ve realized is drugs stop working the way they used to and that is the biggest cause for the downfall of drug addicts. If drugs got me high like the first few times I’d be the happiest man on the planet. But the reality is is towards the end of my addiction no amount of heroin I could fit in a syringe or no amount of Xanax was going to bring me to the place of happiness I so much craved. I wasted many years and dollars chasing a pipe dream that was long gone.

I never understood the stigma of Suboxone and methadone and the hoops one must jump through to receive it. Doctors need special waivers to prescribe Suboxone yet a nurse practitioner can readily hand out Prozac and lithium scripts at the first sign of anxiety and depression. Opiate withdrawal is terrible but at least your sane. My sister came off of lexapro and lithium and had a mental breakdown and psychosis and lost her mind for weeks. The dangers of SSRIs and the side effects are greatly understated.

That said I don’t think any drug or chemical is the solution to dissatisfaction of life. I don’t even think drugs are a good long term solution to things such as anxiety and depression because science shows drugs lose effectiveness across almost every category.

Even when I was on Suboxone I never felt my dose kept me “happy” and often was on edge. Methadone was similar and I found myself frequently upping my dose to chase the relief that my tolerance to drugs would not allow to happen.

The reality I’ve realized is drugs stop working the way they used to and that is the biggest cause for the downfall of drug addicts. If drugs got me high like the first few times I’d be the happiest man on the planet. But the reality is is towards the end of my addiction no amount of heroin I could fit in a syringe or no amount of Xanax was going to bring me to the place of happiness I so much craved. I wasted many years and dollars chasing a pipe dream that was long gone.
I thank you for this, I too am trying to find the balance. You’d think I’d be happy with a stimulant and a benzo, but I agree I slowly see it turning into damn this isn’t working. This is suppose to be temporary as I’m starting to work out, get myself in the sun more and off a screen, I’m recording more, and I’m learning to tolerate when others cause me stress but the ultimate goal is to use it as a bridge until I get into mma.
I couldn’t afford it this month( but I can afford Oxy) such a sad pitiful excuse I am. But I’m hoping I can learn discipline as atleast my doctor has identified it’s more of a discipline issue with some anxiety, depression and manic modes as symptoms not defining me. As I’m still able to function totally sober and to a better degree then when I’m on adderall.
I’m hopeful to get ahead while I still can. As a 10mg still makes me feel good. Might as well cut her while I still can I’m tired of perpetually withdrawing and prolonging my paws as well. Just to feel a nice warmth for 2 or so hours

It depends...for just traditional stimulants, sure, IMO it works quite well for the comedown, makes your body feel nice and relaxed etc. But for other drugs (like psychedelic hallucinogens etc.) I'd prefer a benzo
Yeah opiates and weed for me don’t mix. I get paranoid and think I’ve taken a fatal dose Everytime im sure you’ve seen my post before and I doubt it a trip, I’d be happy to take an oxy. Almost feel as if I’d have to pregame a trip with a benzo before I start, I don’t have problems smoking weed on a benzo so for ongoing anxiety my Clonazepam works amazing but to come down, I found my klonopin makes me even more dissatisfied with coming down. In my drug use I noticed stimulants are what I’m craving, hence taking prescribed Wellbutrin to no avail.

It was good to hear from you again OK. I’m glad your atleast online. I hope and pray you’ll beat this. You give me hope like a mf and you don’t pull punches