• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Dissociatives I was wondering if anyone uses a filter when inhaling nitrous oxide?

Drag2019

Bluelighter
If you are someone that has purchased and uses a filter for your nitrous oxide use what brand of filter did you buy or what type of filter did you make if your using a D.I.Y. filter like some people do on here.

I think you're either fiendish enough to huff straight up and just don't care and know how bad it is for you and do it anyway or you just don't huff. A filter isn't gonna stop anything, (might make it less cold, I suppose) that's what people who huff gas dilute themselves to thinking. Not trying to compare gas and nitrous but you get the point. Do it or don't, it's bad for you, and an addiction will leave you dead or retarded, but not from one use ig, so have fun. If its for the cold a rag will work, if you think it's (a filter) going to save you from danger inherent to the drug, you're wrong.

I think you're either fiendish enough to huff straight up and just don't care and know how bad it is for you and do it anyway or you just don't huff. A filter isn't gonna stop anything, (might make it less cold, I suppose) that's what people who huff gas dilute themselves to thinking. Not trying to compare gas and nitrous but you get the point. Do it or don't, it's bad for you, and an addiction will leave you dead or retarded, but not from one use ig, so have fun. If its for the cold a rag will work, if you think it's (a filter) going to save you from danger inherent to the drug, you're wrong.

What grade are you in?

^^ yeah thats some load of BS.... i cant remember what the nickname is but u can find it with search as someone here had built a really cool and sturdy system for this

Are you talking about the whippihpany? It uses a 0.1 micron filter and has what seems like a metal around it so it seems like it might work but Erowid did a review on the NitroKit 0.2 Micron Filters that use a cheaper plastic shell around the thing it would seem but it only filters out like 10% - 15% of the oily residue,metal shards and other particulate matter in the nitrous oxide chargers they tested out on it.

That's why I'm coming here to see if the filters actually work as I wonder if some people are just getting a placebo effect and do not even bother to "test" whether the filters are removing the machine oils used to make the chargers etc.

You should definitely use a filter.

All these parts can be found on Amazon for $20. There are nitrous head websites that sell the same thing for $80. This is $14 1/4" oil/air separator, plus some cheap fitting. I personally used multiple, plus other filters in the second picture:

As you can see below i took it a step further, and made a multistage filter, and then joined the flow with an oxygen concentrator.

I actually only used this contraption maybe 10 times. Nitrous was giving me a weird paresthesia, especially in this quantity. Also left me with some residual anxiety/weirdness. I did follow up with vitamin B12 injections. Each of those 10 times were high doses sessions, like a pound or pound and half of nitrous oxide over 30-40 minutes. I'd breathe it normally like air, not held in, mixed with 90% pure oxygen, while wearing a pulse oximeter. Even then, at high flow, blood oxygen levels would go into some sketchy areas. Eventually added a regulator, was going to even build a timed regulator. But the after effects were concerning. Definitely got me into some pretty deep NOS states, having talks with "god" and all that weird shit. But haven't used thus device in a while, despite putting some work into it.

A decade ago, I had a daily nitrous habit, at least 50 cartridges a day on average, some of it filtered, some of it not. I walked away fairly unscathed but I was stupid. Intentionally stupid in a way; I didn't care. Now I do. Filter your gas at the very least.

I'm just glad these big tanks weren't common back when I was a daily user. I probably wouldn't have come out so unscathed.

That's a bad ass set up lol. When you say nitrous head shops what exactly do you mean by that and are you using a micron filter in this picture or how does it work?

That's a bad ass set up lol. When you say nitrous head shops what exactly do you mean by that and are you using a micron filter in this picture or how does it work?

I mean, there are shops online that sell tanks and accessories clearly for NOS-heads. They have that same exact filter for like $70, with their brand sticker or etc on it. But the filters are like $15 on Amazon. For a 2 pack. They are basically inline filters for paint sprayers I believe, but they will work for this purpose. As you can see I stacked two together, then ran it through a fuel filter.

Yet years ago I often just blasted that shit in my lungs. Eventually started filtering it through a rag, but that's about it. Definitely not good enough.

If you have access to medical grade, you don't need anything but if you are buying the ungraded Chinese nitrous in the 5xx gr jug or the 8g cartridges it is full of compressor oil.,
You need something that absorbs the oil and catches and particulate matter in those vessels.
This is just what accumulated in a soda charger bottle over time.
Oil%20in%20cart.JPG

I use a .3 micron filter full of mechanic's oil absorber and the output hose stays clean. (no oil)

rig%202023-e.JPG

BTW without talking about specific pricing, case lots of the carts is half to a third what I see for the 5xxg bottle. per gram

If you have access to medical grade, you don't need anything but if you are buying the ungraded Chinese nitrous in the 5xx gr jug or the 8g cartridges it is full of compressor oil.,
You need something that absorbs the oil and catches and particulate matter in those vessels.
This is just what accumulated in a soda charger bottle over time.
Oil%20in%20cart.JPG

I use a .3 micron filter full of mechanic's oil absorber and the output hose stays clean. (no oil)

rig%202023-e.JPG

BTW without talking about specific pricing, case lots of the carts is half to a third what I see for the 5xxg bottle. per gram

Why not get an oxygen concentrator and run it with N2O like with the contraption I devised? Oxygen concentrators are inexpensive, hell, at your age (no offense intended) you could probably get one prescribed and paid by Medicare free of charge (a good one too like one with a 6 liter per minute flow at 95% pure 02).

The O2 allows you to enter nitrous oxide states while blood oxygen levels Sp02 above 95%. Without oxygen it goes into shockingly low ranges.

Why not get an oxygen concentrator and run it with N2O like with the contraption I devised? Oxygen concentrators are inexpensive, hell, at your age (no offense intended) you could probably get one prescribed and paid by Medicare free of charge (a good one too like one with a 6 liter per minute flow at 95% pure 02).

The O2 allows you to enter nitrous oxide states while blood oxygen levels Sp02 above 95%. Without oxygen it goes into shockingly low ranges.

We have 2 here. The problem is they have fairly low volume and virtually zero pressure. I am running the bottles at 10PSI into the vessel so when you add a charger it bumps up to around 65-70. That is not the regular medical O2 regulator, more like one on a Prestolite rig.
Medicare buys the bottles too ;)

We have 2 here. The problem is they have fairly low volume and virtually zero pressure. I am running the bottles at 10PSI into the vessel so when you add a charger it bumps up to around 65-70. That is not the regular medical O2 regulator, more like one on a Prestolite rig.
Medicare buys the bottles too ;)

Oh whoops, my apologies, looks like I didn't closely examine that photo of your setup and missed entirely that in that set setup was a tank of oxygen gas.

Do you measure blood oxygen with a pulse oximeter while using? How long so your sessions last and how often are the sessions? Approximately how many grams of N20 do you use during a session?

You should see this guy's setup:
_potentially_unique_method_of_use/

Also, have you tried this bigger tanks now commonly available online? Most are Chinese origin gas, but while it doesn't compare to say ISI chargers, certain brands of the mini tanks are ok. I heard that "Goldwhip" brand tanks are European gas, but I'm not sure if that is the reality (even if they make such a claim).

Unfortunately (or fortunately) I haven't used my nitrous/O2 setup more than a dozen times because I've found that it leaves me feeling a little off afterwards. It still works well and had me talking to "god" and etc, but I actually made this device to help me treat some symptoms of benzos discontinue rebound, and I find that the lingering paresthesia makes me feel a bit anxious.

It's interesting, at deep levels of nitrous intoxication you start to converse with what seems like a omniscient, eternal version of yourself -- a version of yourself that knows all the secrets to the universe. This version can guide you and give you insight, you can ask it questions etc, often in a joking, light spirited manner, but it can be very emotional. Other times it seems as if youre talk to god, or someone disguised as god. Unfortunately, due to deep amnesia at those ultra heavy nitrous intoxication levels, it's hard to remember precisely what was said.

I am not a big dissociative fan because they often make me feel weird and anxious at heavy doses, and make me worry about losing my mind, but the GABAergic qualities of nitrous make the intense dissociative effects far more comfortable.

K, buddy, you're still doing whippits 💀
whippits actually kick psychedelics in like crazy... i'd never use nitrous by itself after trying it, but it made my mushroom trip pretty awesome... i always thought nitrous just depleted vitamin b12 in the body and was bad for the brain if used in ridiculous excess, which i guess people do get addicted and do whippits for days on end... seems like one of the easier drugs to not get addicted to though.. would recommend trying on psychedelics if a person is looking to sky rocket their trip for a short period and can keep it to a couple times every once and a while. after experiencing one of those trips, i was fine not to do anymore. not saying some people won't want to binge... i don't really hate on any drug, but nitrous hate. i dunno

and people in this thread are filtering it with oxygen too.. pretty cool.

Yeah nitrous oxide, when administered continuously, is a powerful psychedelic, capable of being used a standalone drug for mindblowing experiences. It is also, compared to say IM ketamine, incredibly euphoric with opioid like warmth and benzo like anxiolysis, all the while, producing intense NMDAr mediated psychedelic experiences.

But more people know it as the lame drug you inhale from a balloon, producing brief sound distortions and giddiness. But breathed continuously, it is an extremely powerful and unique drug, no other drug replicates NOS.

You should definitely use a filter.

All these parts can be found on Amazon for $20. There are nitrous head websites that sell the same thing for $80. This is $14 1/4" oil/air separator, plus some cheap fitting. I personally used multiple, plus other filters in the second picture:

As you can see below i took it a step further, and made a multistage filter, and then joined the flow with an oxygen concentrator.

I actually only used this contraption maybe 10 times. Nitrous was giving me a weird paresthesia, especially in this quantity. Also left me with some residual anxiety/weirdness. I did follow up with vitamin B12 injections. Each of those 10 times were high doses sessions, like a pound or pound and half of nitrous oxide over 30-40 minutes. I'd breathe it normally like air, not held in, mixed with 90% pure oxygen, while wearing a pulse oximeter. Even then, at high flow, blood oxygen levels would go into some sketchy areas. Eventually added a regulator, was going to even build a timed regulator. But the after effects were concerning. Definitely got me into some pretty deep NOS states, having talks with "god" and all that weird shit. But haven't used thus device in a while, despite putting some work into it.

A decade ago, I had a daily nitrous habit, at least 50 cartridges a day on average, some of it filtered, some of it not. I walked away fairly unscathed but I was stupid. Intentionally stupid in a way; I didn't care. Now I do. Filter your gas at the very least.

I'm just glad these big tanks weren't common back when I was a daily user. I probably wouldn't have come out so unscathed.
Are those the tanks for cars?

Are those the tanks for cars?

No they are not. These are food grade nitrous oxide tanks, not automotive grade. These are the same grade as the little 8g chargers, food grade, for culinary purposes.

Large food grade NOS tanks (which can contains a few thousand grams of gas) Iike the one pictured were fortunately not around back when I was blasting whippets all day long a decade ago, because it would have increased my use dramatically, and my outcome may have been worse. Or rather, would have been worse most assuredly.

Back in the olden days (80s) you could get 20 pound bottles at the welding store. We have done 2 in a weekend (2 people). These days we can bang out 600 wippetts (a case) in a night. (almost 5 kilos). We probably wasted more with the 20# tank tho since I had electric valves and a switch you pressed to get gas at each hose.
It was dirt cheap too if you had an account there.

nitrous%20rig.jpg

Wow they even have flavored ones too, I had no idea these existed

How dirty do your filters get with those larger tanks?

Ive only gone through a few of these new big tanks (maybe 4). The filters are still quite clean. I feel like the regular whippit nitrous cartridges are far more greasy than these big tanks, at least on the per gram of gas basis.