• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

I want to transfer- help!

takinabreak

Bluelighter
ok i go to a little school called drexel. i dont like it. i want to transfer. Problem is, my GPA is 2.35 and thats not so good. Most schools require a 2.5 transfer GPA. The point is, i dont want to wait to raise my gpa, because i wont raise it because i hate the school im going to. And i want to be at a new shcool in the fall. ANy suggestions?

call the admissions offices of schools where you wish to transfer. talk to an admissions councilor and find another way to sell yourself besides GPA. maybe highlight your high school record, extracurricular activities, community involvement. tell the other schools that you really like them and you want to find a way to make things work out so that you can attend. otherwise, maybe you can push up your current school's GPA through summer courses. good luck.

If you live near a school, its best to try face to face meetings instead of phone calls.

You could try talking to the admissions people about maybe doing an academic probation for a semester to prove you can bring your GPA up. Highlight positives of say high school, any courses you did very well in etc etc.

Its hard. Just because you hate a school, there is no reason for such a low GPA unless you arent keeping up with the work, arent going to class, or slacking off because you werent ready for that caliber of a school you chose?

Anyone who knows drexel knows it sucks..im here because i have to be, so of course im not going to be giving a shit about doing work or going to classes i dont even want to be in.:\

How long have you been there? Why didnt you withdraw when you started when you saw how awful it was? Why do you have to be there...if you have to be there, then how will you transfer?

go to a community college for a semester or two and bring your GPA up. hate to say it, but you're gonna have to get that GPA up one way or another, be it at Drexel or another school. Taking classes you don't like is a part of all colleges, including ivy league schools. There's always the required courses that you just gotta deal with, so changing schools won't fix that issue.

The accademic probation isn't a bad idea, but i highly doubt a school would want someone to START attending on probation. they may not trust your ability.

I figure not as well but you never know :)