View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help! I thought you could redose 2c-b?

moonyham

Bluelighter
I don't know if I'm just misremembering but I thought you could take more 2c-b during a trip to increase effects, unlike acid which doesn't do anything if you take more when already tripping.

But I took 10mg of 2c-b(first time trying) and after 2-3 hours was having some mild effects. Everything just looked beautiful but no real distortion or patterns. Just everything looked like a very nice painting.

I thought cool, I'll drop the other 15mg(25mg pill) but.. The effects didn't seem to change. Maybe just a tiny bit but my trip didn't change at all really.. If at all. A small enough amount of change I'm unsure if it was real, kind of thing.

So just wondering did I do something wrong? Do I need to take way more when redosing during a trip? Am I just confused and don't know what I'm doing?

And finally, is what I did even mildly reflective of what would happen if I just took the 25mg right at the start? Or would I be in for quite a ride?

I must say the come up on 2c-b is so nice. Very mild, felt great. I really look forward to a full trip on this stuff.

All psychedelics produce short term tolerance once the dose has fully kicked in, though some do more than others. I have ever met a psychedelic that doesn't, except for smoked DMT, which seems to keep working over and over again just as much, likely because it is an endogenous neurotransmitter in trace amounts, and is so readily and quickly taken into the brain, and then so quickly recedes. But yeah, 2C-B, just like any psychedelic, will produce short tern tolerance if you dose again after reaching the peak. In general with psychedelics, my experience has been that redosing more before it fully takes effect, even if you're coming up, will be almost as effective as taking the whole dose at once (except that it will absorb more gradually so the peak will be less intense, since it will not all reach peak plasma levels all at once, but in staggered bursts, each of which makes it stronger but it will be strongest if it hits you all at the same time).

If I redose after I've reached the peak. I find that all it seems to do is extend the peak for quite a while longer, and basically gives me a longer trip, unless I dose twice as much as an initial dose, and then I'll have a second peak that is as strong or even stronger. If I wait even longer and redose during the tail end, when I'm on the plateau but it is fading away slowly, it has even less effect, and basically just makes the ending stage, where the plateau slowly fades away to nothing, last a lot longer. And then for a few days, you will reuire a higher dose to reach the same place. However, that said, I usually trip 2 or 3 days in a row at music festivals, quite successfully. I do this by rotating classes of psychedelics. Basically, what I have concluded through ungodly amounts of experimentation, is that a specific psychedelic drug produces the highest amount of tolerance to itself. It oroduces a slightly lower level of tolerance to other drugs in its family, and then category... for example, mushrooms (ie, 4-HO-DMT) produce nearly as much tolerance to any other 4-sub tryptamine (4-HO-MET, 4-AcO-DiPT... in general, 4-XX-XXT, any of them) as it does to itself, but only slightly less. But it produces less tolerance to the 5-subs than it does to the 4-subs (so taking 5-MeO-MiPT, for example, the day after 4-HO-DMT would be more effective than taking 4-AcO-DET, but again, not a lot more effective). Then beyond that, any typtamine at all will have more tolerance from it than any phenethylamine or lysergamide.

Interestingly, my experience has been that tryptamines produce the least short term tolerance to other psychedelics of the 3 classes (phens, trypts, and lysergamides), then phenethylamines, then lysergamides. For some reason, if I trip on LSD, I have a hard time tripping hard on any other psychedelic the next day. So when I am planning to trip multiple days in a row, I save the LSD for last.

All of this is generalized... there are some exceptions. For example, the DOX family (DOC, DOB, DOPr, etc) seem to cut right through any tolerance I have and I will trip regardless of how hard I went the previous days. However, they also produce a lot of tolerance to all other psychedelics. So in a festival setting, I usually actually take DOC the last day, when I wake up feeling rough and exhausted. And before long, I feel amazing, and have loads of energy and have the best of days and nights. In fact, I eem to be able to trip about equally hard both days on DOC if I take it 2 days in a row. I just take a slightly larger dose the second day.

I have found that when I want to trip multiple days in a row at a festival, I can successfully do it every time by alternating psychedelic families. And I get even better results throwing an empathogen in on the second day, because those produce only a small amount of tolerance for psychedelics, if any. So I might choose, on a 3 night festival, to do mushrooms the first night, LSD the second, and DOC the third. Or more commonly, something like 2C-B combined with a bit of MXE or 3-MeO-PCE the first time, then AMT the next day (AMT is great because it's kinda trippy but mostly an 18 hour long roll... so it serves as an empathogen and a trip, but seems to mostly proeuce tolerance in the serotonin releaser sort of way and leaves you able to take classical psychedelics more easily the next day),and then LSD or DOC the last day.

And then, I go home, get good sleep and take care of myself for a while, and don't trip again for a month or so, in order to prevent long-term tolerance from developing.

All of this goes out the window if you regularly trip multiple days in a row. Then long term tolerance starts to set in and you become a hardhead and even after long breaks, you need to take way more than most people to be able to get more than weak effects. You want to avoid this at all costs, I once tripped 3+ times a week on average for 2 and a half years or so... I got to where I literally just couldn't trip, except from smoking DMT or taking absurd doses. It took 3 entire years of not once touching a psychedelic before I could even get anything from them again, and then a couple more years for me to not still be a "hardhead". The good news is, these days, I rarely trip, and I am more sensitive to psychedelics than I have ever been before. :)

Sometimes my concert or festival plan was to take about 1/4 dose of LSD, wait a few hours, and take a hit or two. Somehow you still feel a bunch of acid in your system, but it's impossible to "trip balls". That was the plan if I was the driver or if heavy logistics were my responsibility.

(For a few years in a row, we got right up front at big outdoor Dead shows. That takes planning and commando tactics.)

All psychedelics produce short term tolerance once the dose has fully kicked in, though some do more than others. I have ever met a psychedelic that doesn't, except for smoked DMT, which seems to keep working over and over again just as much, likely because it is an endogenous neurotransmitter in trace amounts, and is so readily and quickly taken into the brain, and then so quickly recedes. But yeah, 2C-B, just like any psychedelic, will produce short tern tolerance if you dose again after reaching the peak. In general with psychedelics, my experience has been that redosing more before it fully takes effect, even if you're coming up, will be almost as effective as taking the whole dose at once (except that it will absorb more gradually so the peak will be less intense, since it will not all reach peak plasma levels all at once, but in staggered bursts, each of which makes it stronger but it will be strongest if it hits you all at the same time).

If I redose after I've reached the peak. I find that all it seems to do is extend the peak for quite a while longer, and basically gives me a longer trip, unless I dose twice as much as an initial dose, and then I'll have a second peak that is as strong or even stronger. If I wait even longer and redose during the tail end, when I'm on the plateau but it is fading away slowly, it has even less effect, and basically just makes the ending stage, where the plateau slowly fades away to nothing, last a lot longer. And then for a few days, you will reuire a higher dose to reach the same place. However, that said, I usually trip 2 or 3 days in a row at music festivals, quite successfully. I do this by rotating classes of psychedelics. Basically, what I have concluded through ungodly amounts of experimentation, is that a specific psychedelic drug produces the highest amount of tolerance to itself. It oroduces a slightly lower level of tolerance to other drugs in its family, and then category... for example, mushrooms (ie, 4-HO-DMT) produce nearly as much tolerance to any other 4-sub tryptamine (4-HO-MET, 4-AcO-DiPT... in general, 4-XX-XXT, any of them) as it does to itself, but only slightly less. But it produces less tolerance to the 5-subs than it does to the 4-subs (so taking 5-MeO-MiPT, for example, the day after 4-HO-DMT would be more effective than taking 4-AcO-DET, but again, not a lot more effective). Then beyond that, any typtamine at all will have more tolerance from it than any phenethylamine or lysergamide.

Interestingly, my experience has been that tryptamines produce the least short term tolerance to other psychedelics of the 3 classes (phens, trypts, and lysergamides), then phenethylamines, then lysergamides. For some reason, if I trip on LSD, I have a hard time tripping hard on any other psychedelic the next day. So when I am planning to trip multiple days in a row, I save the LSD for last.

All of this is generalized... there are some exceptions. For example, the DOX family (DOC, DOB, DOPr, etc) seem to cut right through any tolerance I have and I will trip regardless of how hard I went the previous days. However, they also produce a lot of tolerance to all other psychedelics. So in a festival setting, I usually actually take DOC the last day, when I wake up feeling rough and exhausted. And before long, I feel amazing, and have loads of energy and have the best of days and nights. In fact, I eem to be able to trip about equally hard both days on DOC if I take it 2 days in a row. I just take a slightly larger dose the second day.

I have found that when I want to trip multiple days in a row at a festival, I can successfully do it every time by alternating psychedelic families. And I get even better results throwing an empathogen in on the second day, because those produce only a small amount of tolerance for psychedelics, if any. So I might choose, on a 3 night festival, to do mushrooms the first night, LSD the second, and DOC the third. Or more commonly, something like 2C-B combined with a bit of MXE or 3-MeO-PCE the first time, then AMT the next day (AMT is great because it's kinda trippy but mostly an 18 hour long roll... so it serves as an empathogen and a trip, but seems to mostly proeuce tolerance in the serotonin releaser sort of way and leaves you able to take classical psychedelics more easily the next day),and then LSD or DOC the last day.

And then, I go home, get good sleep and take care of myself for a while, and don't trip again for a month or so, in order to prevent long-term tolerance from developing.

All of this goes out the window if you regularly trip multiple days in a row. Then long term tolerance starts to set in and you become a hardhead and even after long breaks, you need to take way more than most people to be able to get more than weak effects. You want to avoid this at all costs, I once tripped 3+ times a week on average for 2 and a half years or so... I got to where I literally just couldn't trip, except from smoking DMT or taking absurd doses. It took 3 entire years of not once touching a psychedelic before I could even get anything from them again, and then a couple more years for me to not still be a "hardhead". The good news is, these days, I rarely trip, and I am more sensitive to psychedelics than I have ever been before. :)

Duly noted. Gonna try 20 or 25mg as initial and probably only dose for my next go.

I must say the come up on 2c-b is so nice. Very mild, felt great. I really look forward to a full trip on this stuff.

Funny you say this because I've yet to not over do it where I'm hanging on for dear life... And then I pop out of it and say "man that was great" - but was it really? Idk because it got rough a few times I gotta say lol

but all that matters is that I feel great now right? right

What an odd substance this 2cb is....I absolutely love it

Now I tried a lower dose and I just felt like I didn't feel anything at all

But I'll tell ya what.. I've boofed 22 to 25mg on 3 different occasions that have all absolutely blown my doors off

Tried it with acid and I think they're better off alone - I kinda felt like the 2cb took over but that could've just been me and where I was at in the trip and the endless variables

I love it's short duration but it does kinda leave ya hanging where you're just all of a sudden, not tripping... And I'm like "I should do some more because that was kinda fun...."

:rockon:

Not really my thing TBH, but I've taken it couple of times (first time 30mg, several times around 10-15mg, once snorted (!) about 10mg).

30mg was very different to low doses. Come up was unpleasant with lots of nausea and some GI discomfort. It was rather visual, but I didn't like the headspace at all. It felt as if I did something wrong to my body (poisoned myself). Did not freak out like I would on mushrooms in such circumstances, but it wasn't pleasant. At that dose, I didn't find it stimulating but rather somewhat sedating as I spent most of the time on the sofa watching TV. Visuals were insane though (never had those on LSD). Definitely wouldn't take such a dose around people or at music events though. After-effects were also very strange, I had a very vivid dream (nightmare) which I woke up from screaming. Also I had some slight HPPD-like effects (visual snow while watching the dark night sky) which took about a month to return to normal and this freaked me out a lot as I never got anything like this from LSD or shrooms and I thought it would be permament (it wasn't fortunately). All in all I would probably not repeat it any time soon, too weird for me.

At 15mg it was completely different thing (and yes, you can redose without increasing the potency of the experience to prolong it). There are zero visual effects, that weird headspace is completely missing, it is more like being completely sober but stimulated and joyful, laughing a lot. It doesn't impair cognitive processes and it doesn't impair reading. It actually makes my vision a little bit sharper. Zero after-effects too. Very lovely and tolerable.

I also snorted about 10mg once (don't ask me why, I was drunk). It hurts indeed, but it was nothing like I've read on the internet (then again, I was drunk). Initial pain is somewhat intense, but it recedes quite fast. Also kicked in really fast and made me unable to stand up. My head was complete mess, I was immobilized and couldn't walk (not that I tried). There were some visuals, hazy floating colored stuff with no definite geometric form. This went on for about 30-60min and then it got much better. Zero after-effects except for the hangover from EtOH. Will definitely never try that again.

there's definitely a sense of well-being after it wears off - and i also have some pretty uncontrollable laughter toward the end

i sleep great too - unlike acid

and i think it's way better than mushrooms.....shrooms totally make me feel poisoned.....i don't get that at all

but no i couldn't take that dose out somewhere either - it's a bit debilitating and i do feel a little sedated....i get a little case of the yawns somewhat similar to mushrooms but at a much shorter time and pace....so it's rough patches are short and manageable - for me anyway..

i think it's really great and it's a great alternative to acid if you're looking for something totally different and/or you're a little short on time

I can sleep well even after LSD (but I often drink 2-3 beers at the end to finish it off - added bonus is I get sleepy). I've never taken high doses of acid though as I am somewhat sensitive and 100ug is quite enough for me already.

Fortunately I've always got a very good sleep, I've never taken benzos in my life and don't remember ever having non-drug induced insomnia. Even in my foolish younger years abusing stimulants, I always ended up getting some good sleep some time in the night while most of the others couldn't stop binging. With 2cb on any dose, I had zero problems with sleep (and comparatively speaking, it's much better with 2cb than LSD indeed, LSD has this residual stimulation past comedown which 2cb lacks completely).

My interest in 2C-B came after I read about it being psychedelic in high doses just without the mindfuck. Many years ago I had 2c-i which in the dose I took then (unknown) was definitely psychedelic and it definitely involved some mindfuck too. Turned out 2C-B also has a headspace and it also turned out I did not like it (perhaps I need to repeat that experiment as it's probably a set&setting thing).

I recently tried AL-LAD (180ug) and I liked it, it was very close to "psychedelic with no mindfuck". It certainly has its own weird headspace though which I found very different to that of 2C-B (and certainly very different to LSD). It was definitely less visual than 2C-B. On the other hand it was way more euphoric and joyful.

i agree - it does have a bit of a mindfuck - but i think a little more controllable, and whatever that fuck is, it doesn't seem to last long at all

i think it's just got kind of an intense comeup - and i think all 3 times, i thought to myself "wait a minute, am i gonna puke?" and then even that goes away quick

it's a weird drug....but i like it - i feel like there's a little more discover with it too.....i think i did a dose at 13 mg and it didn't feel much at all - or that i might have been the time i was on acid...maybe i'll try 18 next and see how that goes....ive been hitting an intense trip at 22 to 25 that i can totally see ppl being uncomfortable with, and even i'd say im probably a little uncomfortable with on the come up, but it seems to be a little more rewarding at the peak and on the way down

i'll also say i don't think set and setting are as applicable as LSD is

and ive been reading everywhere that ppl say it makes you horny - im not getting that at all :shrug:

it sure makes music phenomenal tho - i love that part :rockon:

and ive been reading everywhere that ppl say it makes you horny - im not getting that at all
Meh, me neither.
You said you didn't like it combined with LSD? Why?
Never seen anyone combining both. Seen people combine it with MDMA, it appeared somewhat overwhelming, but never tried that myself either.

i felt like it took over the LSD trip rather than meshing with it -it was a little too dominant in my experience - and i did a fairly light dose from what i remember - i think it was 15 mg

but ive only ever boofed the 2cb because everything ive read said that's definitely the way to go

Never ever boofed anything in my life (Eastern European savages here, as weird as it sounds, here come all unorthodox gay associations and stuff and we are all so macho-heterosexual dudes, so whatever it is, at the end it is kinda weird here for reason unknown). Does it make difference to oral use? In terms of nausea? Is it faster?

I could imagine comeup is faster (it was WAY faster intranasal). Is nausea less?

Idk I've never eaten it lol

Everything I read and the ppl I've talked to said it's twice as potent boofed, hardly any nausea and you don't have to worry about needing an empty stomach beforehand, less of a body load, and it works faster - I've been feeling it in 20 minutes

I have no shame in it at all

I think @cosmic charlie and @Xorkoth and possibly @arrall iirc have done both ROA and can tell more from experience, where I just trusted their word and I have no complaints so far

What shame, well, I am kinda self-ironizing here, do not take it in any way personal and I'm sorry if it sounded that way. Indeed though never boofed anything and I am genuinely curious, like this route is completely unknown to me. I am really wondering as it probably bypasses the GI tract it should be faster, yet still as compared to snorting, which would be faster? Does it cause less nausea?

What shame, well, I am kinda self-ironizing here, do not take it in any way personal and I'm sorry if it sounded that way. Indeed though never boofed anything and I am genuinely curious, like this route is completely unknown to me. I am really wondering as it probably bypasses the GI tract it should be faster, yet still as compared to snorting, which would be faster? Does it cause less nausea?

no worries at all - im not even slightly offended - i understand where you're coming from - i just mean that i have no shame in my game

everything ive seen has said that it's almost twice as potent that way and works much quicker - ive boofed a couple things before just to see the difference so im already not opposed to it

2CB doesn't have the ultra high ultra quick tolerance like shrooms or acid. You can chain dose 2CB for days , maybe there's some tolerance but it's very small.