I think I am done with Adderall.....

motiv311

Bluelighter
So I've been RX'd Adderall (and others) since I was 11; but never really took it until I was 17.

At first, the meds were a miracle drug of sorts. I had always been a bad student, didn't like sports, and was sort of chubby. once I started taking the adderalls again; I was like a mature version of my former self.

I got a girlfriend, lost 30lbs working out and running, got strait A's for the first time. I even started playing guitar for maybe 4 hours a day. My life went from shit, to super.

------- Fast foward maybe 2 years.

After losing my girlfriend, my good running habits, and my enthusiam. I start trying harder drugs. Quickly I lose control, start doing all sorts of drugs; almost like a "drug obsession" I had. Times started not being nearly as much fun. My girlfriend dies of an overdose.

--------- Fast forward 5 years.

After getting off opiates and the VERY occasional meth usage; as well as quitting suboxone maintenance. I'm starting to feel good with just my adderall prescription. But quickly I start using higher and higher amounts.

---- Fast forward a few months.

Adderall doesn't work like it used to ... I just use it to pass the time sense I've been layed off and I read a lot. I am a musician in a band, and I used to get the most insane desire to jam and write songs. I use up to double in a day what I am allotted ( 60 mgs a day)

I used to feel so alive and wonderful; when I was in school and taking normal amounts. I used to play guitar so much better with just a normal dose.

I took the day off yesterday, didn't take any adderall. I was ok most of the day.. but when I was trying to sleep last night I felt like I was going through withdrawals almost as bad as a heroin withdrawal.

-

Sorry if I am losing you at this point! Lol. Anyway. I think I am going to try 3 months NO ADDERALL.... Assess how I feel. And then decide whether I can still use this drug properly -- or whether it does more damage than good. And then i'll quit for good... Or start very low and re-enroll to college.

If anyone has any tips, or similar experiences to draw upon; I'd be very grateful.

I think this is better suited for the dark side forum so we'll try this over there.

--->TDS

The number of times I said I was done with Adderall... or any amphetamine...
I just hope that you follow through with it, because every time I said that I was "done with that shit" I was using it 3 days later. So stay on track man, tell amphetamine to go fuck itself. :)

<censored by user (profile compromised)>

Last edited:
I say im done with adderal everytime I have a bad comedown. 2 days ago I took 30mg xr ended up projectile vomiting all over my room on the comedown shit sucked bad. But finals are coming so I am sure ill have some excuse why its a good idea to try again next week.

Comments like this piss me off. Why want to be done with it? Why try to discard it as if it was something BAD? Amphetamine makes my life better so I don't want to be done with it...I'll take it until I die of old age! People have a problem with it? Parents? Fuck you mom and dad! I guess they'll see who was right when you drive a Porche in front of their house.

The drug isn't bad...if you feel guilty about taking the drug it means you take it to pass the time and do nothing.

so true.

adderall is only bad if you're not utilizing it correctly/in the right situations

†∆†;8960821 said:
so true.

adderall is only bad if you're not utilizing it correctly/in the right situations

I would say that's true of pretty much all the drugs we discuss here. How we use or abuse them is what makes them a good or bad thing in our individual lives.

But yeah, if I've taken stimulants I want to fucking do something with that energy and focus.

I get what you mean. I have a major love/hate relationship with adderall. I was prescribed 10mg xr over a year ago and the first time I took it was seriously like earth shattering (I weigh 100 lbs). I was in the middle of a deep depression and suddenly felt like I could change and make things better. Soon my doctor upped the dosage to 20mg xr and that was too much for awhile, but then I got used to it. I still don't get a whole lot done, but I'm much better off then I was. I only feel guilty when I run out of my prescription too fast. I feel like a total druggie even though I've never seriously abused it. I've read that taking magnesium supplements will help keep your tolerance from growing.