• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I stopped taking Fentanyl and now taking Suboxone- feel very sick any ideas?

Maddness99

Greenlighter
I feel sick from suboxone, this is after taking fentanyl sublingually little blotter papers for a year - any ideas? anyone else battle sub?

Thanks,
Kristen

Last edited:
HELP! I want to stop, and today I opiate free and feeling withdrawals.

I need a friend who will help me from going back to this life. I order drugs and seek out drugs from doctors, I was on sub for a while and it made my tolerance so high.

It is close to ruining my marriage.
HELP!

Hey, you need to give us a bit more information.

How long did you wait after your last dose of fent before dosing the sub, you may have taken your sub to soon.

You may want to think about going on suboxone for maintenance.

If you are really ready to stop then that is a good start, I would advise introducing yourself in the sober living section of the forum as a start.
You will find many people who will offer help and support.

wishing you all the best.

I am not sick anymore. I took the sub, it was just way too high of a dose. 16mgs, what do you think? I have gone into precipitated WDs about 5 times not, worst ever. I want to want to stop, but i know fent is stronger than bup and with blast right through the receptors and I just feel like will relapse soon. thank you.

I do not want to tell him. I was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia, so I was kinda using that as why I feel like shit. Just more lies, I know. I do not want to tell him although he has asked me repeated times, I believe he thinks I am a pill popper on a slippery slope, but has no idea about the truth. When we first got together, I told him about my problem, and he truly thinks all people cab just will addiction away.

I am afraid.

does he know you're sick? genuinely sick? fent is massive overkill but surely if you're in pain from fibro you have the right to some sort of medication?

yes, he sure does know. I was given Lyrica. that is all 75mgs 2 times a day.

well i think you should have a conversation with him about some of the stuff you've spoken about here. real talk. maybe not everything you've told us, but if he loves you he will try and help. you owe it to yourself

Yeah it would be wise to tell him. You cant hide something like that forever. If you are in pain and cant live with it without meds, than I would hope your husband might reconsider you using pain meds to get through it. You might not need fent as that is about the strongest painkiller known to man and surely could use more than just lyrica for pain, there are tons of meds out there that could help you live your life with a lot less pain. You shouldn't have to live your life in constant pain and in fear of what your husband will think of you, if he loves you like he should he will understand.

Fentanyl itself has a very short duration of action but its metabolite nor-fentanyl takes a few days to clear your system. This means you cant take suboxone for this period or it will cause precipitated withdrawal. We are encountering this more and more now that fentanyl is more common and heroin is being adulterated with fentanyl. The precipitated withdrawal will pass and you will feel better.

People should make sure to educate suboxone clinics of this fact, it will help people make better decisions around avoiding precipitated withdrawal.

I agree, my doctor did not even mention precipitated withdrawal... I just read about it...and after trying 5 times prior and becoming so sick I could not function, it would have been a great help.
Um...no. I had no idea fentayl was the strongest painkiller out there until I ran out the first time and took suboxone about six hours later. I think it is a common misconception that fentayl does not really have a half life, so therefore you can just pop bup...take it from me, a fent sublingual user, that it is absolutely not the case. I have now destroyed my tolernce, getting by with 4 mgs of sub a day and I want off of them stat. I absolutely cannot sleep. I have literally tried about every drug combo (not illicit) but still kind of dangerous, but what is after fent?, to fall asleep NOPE NONE...I guess I wish I did not know that if I wanted, I could just take fent bc it is stronger than bup and sleep again, but I know I will be right back at square one.

For now, telling the husband I did years ago when we first started dating and he did not believe me. Meaning he did not think I needed suboxone for a pill addiction(used to be norcos) but after taking just 1mg of sub for 2 yrs ruined my tolerance for pills. I barely felt anything and do care about my heath and liver.
Lyrica after 5 days has no effect unless a take like 6 at one time and since this is a brand new prescription and is not helping my fibro a bit, I am not sure what to do.

I have told him that I wanted to go to a detox center as well and go to rehab, and he does not find it plausible. For now I have Bluelight.

Sounds like a real shit storm. Sorry to hear that. So your in pain, but want to stop taking painkillers basically and get on subs? or just quit everything without using subs? If so subs aren't too great for pain, imho. I have been taking them for years at relatively low doses for the most part and more than a few times i have hurt myself pretty bad and been in pain, not like i need to go to the ER or anything, but just in medium pain and subs really don't kill any of the pain for me. Some people take sub at microgram doses for pain and they say it works, but it has never worked for me. Only you can decide what works, and your husband should listen to you! surely you don't need to be on fent, but maybe would benefit from relatively low doses of oxy/hydrocodone if lyrica isn't cutting it and fent is too much. but it sounds like you are in pain and don't want to take pain pills? I'm sorry if i have the wrong idea, i am a little confused here. maybe methadone would be something to consider as it is used for both pain and getting off of powerful opioids like fent??? i haven't really tried methadone but a couple times when i was sick from oxy and couldn't get anything else back in my opiate addiction days, but it definitely is a better pain killer than lyrica would ever be.

^ gotta agree there, methadone is mainly given out for heavy opiate dependencies like heroin, and considering fent is stronger than heroin, you might wanna look into that.
plus it has the added benefit of being a strong painkiller (did you know JFK was on methadone for his back pain?)
bupe isn't the best painkiller, especially in its sublingual formulation.

the downside is you'll have to go to the clinic to have your daily dose - which is a bit annoying.

Maddness99, maybe you should try and educate your husband, take him to a narcanon meeting or something similar.

If someone has never had any experience with addiction it can be hard for them to understand.

If you've had a problem with other opioids before the current fent issue it sounds like it may be hard for you to use opiods like oxy.

If you are going to stay on a maintanence program then I agree with what has been said previously methadone would definitely be better for your pain.

My wife is an ampute and is on methadone for pain.

Wishing you the best whatever you decide.

Last edited:
So I just came off of a 9 month fent binge it was just taking over my entire life. I raised my tolerance to .5 butr. 5furnl 3.0 manitol it typically lasted 4 days it was much higher a few months ago so I waited about 52 hours after my last fent to take about 3 or 4mg of sub along with some benadryl clonidine Xanax pepto and some high grade medical green and some shatter about 24 hours later I took another few MG of sub now I'm on day 6 haven't taken a sub for a few days and besides being a little unmotivated I have minimal to no withdrawal symptoms. Should I prepare for more physical symptoms or have they more then likely passed. If so I would recommend this to anyone else who has a fent addiction if you can get through those first few days that are brutal it's all good from there