• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I really want to like DXM, I never have, how can I make the experience not hell?

I read the message (fully) a 2nd time and realized that my post was of no help whatsoever. That's why you're reading this. Sorry!

Last edited:
Utterly insane? I took ~1000mg and my thought patterns were still pretty standard.

see, my friend, i am diagnosed with schizophrenia, and i love being psychotic.
unfortunately for me, i am forced to get risperdal shots. so i am in this dilemna where my natural psychosis is at bay.
therefore, i must use heavy amounts of psychedelics, dissociatives, booze, cannabis, and opiates to become insane.
then law no longer applies.
synchronicity is in effect, the world begins to revolve around me, and everything begins to fall into place, until eventually i wake up in a psych ward,
the revolving doors of which i have been through constantly, since my initial Psychotic Break, at the tender age of fourteen,
Horny and Full of Angst.
On the wars, male and female would find ways to Elope,
and we found Ways to Get high,
as my psychosis continued for multiple months.
Four months later, i was considered reasonably sane.
and released
to Be A Plague on Society.

take lsd or mushrooms with a dose of 200 to 300 mg of dxm. it really changes the nature of the trip completley. dxm by itself feels rather toxic and disorienting. with tryptamines the trip feeels much more grounded and not as choppy and confusing as dxm by itself. something about lsd brings out all of its psychedelic potentinal. and all the visual effects of dxm like size distortion obes etc are more pronounced as is the pleasurable feelings people speak of. 2 hits of acid with 300 mg is enough to give you a phenomonal experience. i dont plan on ever taking dxm again unless with a psychedelic

man take it from someone who is in love with the drug. you need to just let go and if you start getting scared just remind yourself it will end.

If I were you, I would honestly be thankful that you don't like the drug and stop trying to force the experience. Those among us who find DXM to be enjoyable or even intensely euphoric (myself included) often have a hard time giving it up or even keeping its use in moderation. Make no mistake that you are dealing with a substance that is potentially damaging, and has a legitimate addiction potential, and as such is probably something that you would want to stay away from, especially considering that you don't enjoy it in the first place.

From your post, it appears that you fall in the arguably fortunate percentage of the population that simply do not have positive experiences with dextromethorphan regardless of set, setting, and dose. If you are really are desperate to like the stuff the only advice I can give you would be to combine it with cannabis, but seeing that this is not a possibility because you are drug tested, my recommendation would be to stay away from it entirely.

On a personal note, I can tell you that DXM and Ketamine are the only drugs I have ever struggled with keeping in moderation, and I can't help but feel that DXM may have damaged certain aspects of my memory and higher cognitive functions, however slight this impairment may be. So even though I have derived much enjoyment from the drug (especially when used in combination with cannabis and even more so with mushrooms), I would not recommend its recreational use.

-Saucy

Some people just don't like dxm, or dissociatives in general really.

Also take into consideration that your mind has to be free of thoughts, and you have to be happy and excited about the "wonderful" trip your going to have.

Before you start tripping make sure you are doing things that make you happy(unless that includes scary things or things about death, not recommended for beginners) and stay in a state of peace.

Fast or slow paced, you choose your trip.

There was a period where I absolutely could not even think about dxm without having a panic attack. I hated the stuff with a passion. But over time I learned to love it again :)

Its an acquired taste :p

Also, you have to start out small, and work your way up.. just like every other psychedelic drug, too much and your trip is horrific and too little is annoying and irritable.

hey man drugs aren't fun, its what you do on them that makes them so god damn fun, so what you gotta do is find the things that are fun to do on DXM.

Also, you have to start out small, and work your way up.. just like every other psychedelic drug, too much and your trip is horrific and too little is annoying and irritable.

I made the mistake of mixing 1200 milligrams of DXM with morphine the first time I tried the powder and it was fuckin crazy.

I made the mistake of mixing 1200 milligrams of DXM with morphine the first time I tried the powder and it was fuckin crazy.

whatthefuck man thats crazy!
considering dxm increases the effects of opiates, damn.. I bet you were nodding/tripping something insane.

hey man drugs aren't fun, its what you do on them that makes them so god damn fun, so what you gotta do is find the things that are fun to do on DXM.

I agree with that.
Its like my friend sarah, everytime we do anything but weed she insists that she can't get fucked up! This girl took 20mg of opana with no opiate tolerance AT ALL, and barely got fucked up. I took half that amount(having a very high tolerance) and was nodding for like half the day lol. crazy.

but back to what I was saying, you can't anticipate the effects when your on drugs, you just have to let them come on, and go with the flow..
And like on e, you can't just get 'fucked up' off it. You have to do things that make you happy or that interest you(lights, music, intimacy, ect.) or you won't roll.. you'll just get a methlike effect.

This thread has inspired me to try mixing some DXM with my LSD on New Years. A trip report will come afterwards :)

-legz

This thread has inspired me to try mixing some DXM with my LSD on New Years. A trip report will come afterwards :)

-legz

So, how'd the trip go?

DXM + LSD was insanely intense and difficult to control for me when I tried it for the first time a month ago despite my fairly extensive experience with DXM + mushrooms. Here's my report if you're interested.

see, my friend, i am diagnosed with schizophrenia, and i love being psychotic.
unfortunately for me, i am forced to get risperdal shots. so i am in this dilemna where my natural psychosis is at bay.
therefore, i must use heavy amounts of psychedelics, dissociatives, booze, cannabis, and opiates to become insane.
then law no longer applies.
synchronicity is in effect, the world begins to revolve around me, and everything begins to fall into place, until eventually i wake up in a psych ward,
the revolving doors of which i have been through constantly, since my initial Psychotic Break, at the tender age of fourteen,
Horny and Full of Angst.
On the wars, male and female would find ways to Elope,
and we found Ways to Get high,
as my psychosis continued for multiple months.
Four months later, i was considered reasonably sane.
and released
to Be A Plague on Society.

This is fascinating

when ever i did dxm by itself i never once got the pleasurable or euphoric effects. its interesting how some people get them and others dont. i did enjoy being on dxm but not for any sort of pleasurable feelings which were mostly absent. i enjoyed the way it warped your perception of reality. for 8 hours it was like being in a different world or at least perceiving it in a bizzare alien way. to this day i still dont get how something i see i on a regular basis could look soo fucked up up and alien on dxm. i mean besides size and depth perception distortions. everything would just seem so strange.

i myself would never describe it as pleasurable or negative (cept the nauseating come up)
it was very neutral i trully felt detactched from myself even on a low plateau dose. and even if i was able to walk around and carry on a converstation normally. id still feel detatched and fragmented it was pretty cool to be honest

the only pleasurable part is when i finally expel that disgusting bile from inside me. i feel like charizard or some kinda dragon when ever i do lol.

i dont use it anymore and i always kept my use to a minimum when i did the nausea on the come up was the biggest contributing factor.

i may eventually do it once more but probably not for a while i still gag just looking at cough syrup or pills. and even taking syrup for a cold for get about it i just drink that neo citron tea lol

I smoked a $60 stone while I was tripping last week and ended up spilling my gravity bong on my cable modem. Crack on DXM will rock your gourd.