• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos I ONLY take 1MG of Xanny at 12AM - I am not addicted, right?

IMtrying

Ex-Bluelighter
been doing it for about 2 months; will seriously take 1MG at night before bed. it knocks me out.

I've been addicted before but used it must harder and ABUSED w/ other drugs.

I am just using this to pass out; my Suboxone Dr. has me scripted to it for sleep and I told him I am going to slow down but scared I may have a physical addiction. he says he "knows, 100%, that there is no chance". I can understand and see where he is coming from but still worries me. I only take it ONCE a day and its half life dies down much faster than how I actually use it, so my WD's would come into play much sooner than 24hrs, so there would be no WD's, right?

I am considering just STOPPING COMPLETELY and going back to seroquel to sleep; I dont want to take any chances w/ benzos anymore; I already have/had enough problems.

so again, I take 1MG AT NIGHT ONLY BEFORE BED and have been for 2 months. there was probably a night where I used 2-3MG to rush the sleep because I felt I couldnt sleep; its not a good sleeping pill after a month, we all know this, but the junkie in me needed the benzo and now scared to get off or not.

so tell me.

When ever I question my own potential dependence to a substance I use a pretty easy method for gauging the situation. Real easy, just don't take it for one day (two days for some stuff. I know the WD effects of heroin, for example, don't start to fuck me up until two days later, so I'll test for two days). Don't take it and see if you notice ill effects. If you don't have any problems, great, you've given yourself a healthy 30-40 hour break, which is never a bad thing when one's desire is to avoid forming habits, right? If you do feel shitty after that day, push it out another day, and another, etc, until you feel normal again, then WAIT ANOTHER DAY before continuing use. You've just nipped a potentially devastation dependence in the butt, and you did it in the early enough stages that you only went through 2-4 days of 'bad' as opposed to just using through and facing weeks, months, years or 'terrible'.

Been using all the good shit, all the hard shit, all the scary shit since I was 13 or 14. I can honestly say I've never developed more than a minor to moderate physical / psychological dependence to any substance. I've never had a 'problem', that got my power shut off or rent not paid type shit. People say, "No way, you haven't been fucking around with oxy's for a decade and you can turn one down if you don't feel like it!" Bullshit, I watch my ass. Since I met my wife, we've both been watching each other's asses. I'm sorry you can't party without becoming a junkie lowlife. Addiction is best treated early. I feel bad for these people that can't put down a needle who've lost everything they ever had and burned every bridge they've come to. I do. But those fucking people, to a man every fucking junkie ever, saw the signs, saw what was happening, recognized trouble brewing at a point when the damage was still easily reversible and they CHOSE, at some point they consciously chose to ignore the writing on the wall and dive in. Yea, drug addictions can be terrible, addictions such as heroin, benzos, crack, meth; these CAN become nigh unbeatable and very very fast. But at some point you made a fucking decision that caused it. Sorry, I'm not your NA buddy telling you it's all right congratulating you on your third week sober. You and I both know you fucked up somewhere, so....

Basically. the minute the trace of the question of the idea of dependence crosses your mind, the first time it crosses your mind, give yourself as many days as you need, 'cause the little annoyance now is well worth the avoidance of a mountain you'll be moving later...

I wouldn't be so sure, Xanax really shouldn't be taken everyday for more than a week or two, just skip a night and see what happens. I took 1mg a day for like ten days and definitely felt shitty when I stopped, like an all day panic attack for like 2-3 days. I can't imagine what stopping a two year high daily dose habit would be like and I don't ever want to find out.

so far, so good but only been 30hrs. kinda a lot considering its a benzo but lets see how the night goes.

Different benzos like klonipon are better for long term use. Xanax is meant more for short term.
Seroquel is a pretty heavy drug as well and you'd be just as dependent minus the stigma for what it's worth.

Iirc physical dependence sets in after a few days/weeks so I guess you are dependent and may experience some rebound effects when discontinuing the Xanax

What is the best mindset for a recovery? Addicted or not? Take the one that will have u sober quicker and move on..it's really a wierd question when addiction is relative to the person experiencing it..only u know if u are

well, either way ill be letting you all know shortly since I sold my whole month script and only have about 6 pills to my name for the month. starting tonight ill stop completely and see how I feel over the next few days; if any problems, then ill take .2 or .25 if need be. if not, then no benzo at all. if I truly need a hefty scoop, well, then I am just screwed and ill be going through WD's.. AGAIN! but I am on enough other things to kill those effects so not too worried.