• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

I need to quit, how did you manage it?

konanwarrior

Bluelighter
EDIT: I realised this should be on the dark side forum, if a mod could move it that would be a big help. Hi everyone, I recently managed to quit subutex after being on it for around about 2 years, I have been off of it for 15 days now.

However, I have a big cocaine problem, I am spending more than my monthly income and building up debt. I am doing around about 3 wraps (0.5G each) a day. I start taking a little line as soon as I wake up until I run out and start feeling like I am coming down then go to bed. Sometimes I can go to bed at 4-5PM in the afternoon.

I am feeling at an extremely low point, knowing I have spent tens of thousands of pounds on the stuff in the past 12 months.

Really I just wanted some advice on the easiest way to come off of cocaine, without it I have no energy and feel extremely anxious so wondered if there was anything I can take such as a supplement to help me whilst I stop. I aim to stop as soon as I can, I will set a date to do it once I have some info then just delete all my dealers numbers.

Thank you all for your help, Warrior.

Last edited:
You can take coca leaves, put them in your mouth with baking soda or lyme should help with the withdrawal symptoms and be easy to taper off of.

There's no point tapering off coke

Wait until you have a couple of days free to feel like shit, than just stop.

If you have time now, don't set a date, just bin the coke and start now. Tomorrow never comes

Edit - also beating yourself up regarding the previous year or so is not going to help at all. Just accept that it has happened and learn from it. You can only go from now

Thank you all for your advice. Unfortunately I wouldn't know where to get Coca leaves in the UK.

I think @ageingpartyfiend is right and I need a few days where I will feel like shit. I can do that over the weekend as during the week I am busy. I hope that this weekend I will be cocaine free.

Sorry about the situation, I've been there.
In my experience, get a weekend to detox from coke is helpful. Let me be honest: you will feel like shit and very hungry, but sleep (if you have benzos that would help you) and watch a stupid movie or youtube video helps a little. In a few days, you will get better.
Try to keep yourself busy in the first few days, because there is a risk of you have some psychological craving for coke. Maybe you can deal with this feeling better than me, but is a something that drives me crazy.
Good luck with your journey :)

The only thing that helped me "get a grip" on controlling cocaine addiction was watching those I love suffer from my selfishness. It caused so much self loathing that the scales tipped in favor of letting the ya go and focusing on what really matters to me in life.
There is also the option of therapy to dig out the root cause of wanting to stay numb at all times... just one option of many I suppose.
Peace

In hindsight I believe this is perfectly fit for Health and Recovery.... Maybe a mod in this forum puts it back I am totally on board with that if they see fit.

In hindsight I believe this is perfectly fit for Health and Recovery.... Maybe a mod in this forum puts it back I am totally on board with that if they see fit.
It is a good fit for H and R for sure.

Might get more mileage over there too as many supportive people post in there daily.

BDD > H and R

baclofen has been shown to have anti-addictive properties for cocaine. as well as salvia.

New member here but long time user of Bluelight info. Here is my 2 cents on the topic base on my experience.

After a 20 year hiatus from drug use I found myself in a 3 year long daily coke use relapse. My previous technique of willpower and rational thought no longer worked for me to quit like it did when I was younger. After a few years of use/suffering and making my family suffer I finally was able to quit..until a more recent relapse that I am now ending. I started EMDR trauma therapy which probably saved my life as it kind of went more to the root of prolonged childhood abuse, disassociation and disorganized attachment issues that can often lead to addiction issues. Turns out I was no longer able to cope with life using my natural defenses of intelligence and spiritual bypassing. I had to feel my feels and be human and it was rough but worth it by far.

I used coca powder initially to come off coke, same base substance to satisfy my desire to a much lesser degree. I used "white" kratom for a few weeks or so and that actually helped more than anything as far as substance replacement. It really helped buffer the cravings and felt like I wasn't on anything. For me it made quitting coke easier when nothing else did. Stopping kratom was was easy for me but I understand that is not the case for everyone.

Supplements I've researched and used and found very helpful. I used many of these during use as well to hopefully mitigate damage.
Lots of B vitamins...especially B-12 and B-6 with methyl Folate, NAC/glutathione, natural forms of vitamin C, magnesium glycinate, Omega 3 fatty acids, amino acids in general...primarily L-tyrosine helped with rebalancing mood dis-regulation, L-glutimate.

I have also started using the nootropic Piracetam to rebuild mitochondria health on a cellular level, also choline such as citi-choline or alpha GPC in small amounts with the Piracetam. Piracetam has some stimulant effects and is a cognitive enhancer that has been researched for it's effects on post cocaine abuse recovery. That said, some research indicates it can induce more cravings and usage of coke so there is that.

Sunlight, being outside, movement/exercise, new daily habits/rituals/regimes to create and reinforce new neural pathways, new hobbies and interests, social connection is big too. Hypnosis for rebuilding new habits and self esteem and creativity helped me a lot too. I use paraliminal recordings from Learning Strategies...very helpful in addressing subconscious aspects of ourselves.

After a few years of being sober again I relapsed for a few months and am now getting back to recovery and writing this out helped trigger how it helped me before. Perhaps some of it can help you and others as well.

The fact that you posted asking for direction says a lot. You're on your way and it may be a struggle but you're doing it!
Cheers and best wishes to all seeking healthy recovery!!!

For me, kicking cocaine was 100% a psychological battle.

During withdrawal I had no significant physical symptoms but the cravings were extremely intense. I was totally obsessed with the desire to use for a couple of weeks. The urges gradually subsided but every now&then I still get a powerful craving for coke-- 30 years later.

FWIW, it was specifically IV cocaine that got me into serious trouble three decades ago. After quitting that I did not touch coke at all for at least 10 years. I don't shoot anything anymore.

These days I can dabble with snorting some coke once in a blue moon but I never get more than one 8-ball and that's it for another year or so.

Good coke is so rare these days that I may never be able to do any again. Oh well... better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all, right?