• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I need help ASAP! - Meth possible OD

Hey all, sorry for the late reply. I am new to bluelight and honestly did not expect this big of a turnout of responses. If anything I was posting this expecting no one to even reply. But I guess I underestimated this great online community and was wrong so for everyone who is wondering I am alive and well and finally feeling a little better from the whole ordeal. I didn’t end up going to the hospital because of the obvious paranoia that ensued and I wouldn’t have been able to really afford a hefty ER bill in the first place anyways. So I just stayed home and pretty much had a shitty weekend full of heart racing profusely sweating difficulty breathing paranoid constant panic attacks and insomnia feeling shitty 24/7 pretty much felt all the negative effects of a comedown for about four days straight and I am barely just now starting to feel better and calmer after a bit of sleep. It made me feel like the biggest fuck up ever violating myself and risking my life like that. Absolutely no self respect. I think this was the last straw that broke the camels back for me. I am now officially quitting doing that no good garbage that only ends up ruining my weekends (which I managed to tone down my addiction to, being a weekend warrior). But I am now officially quitting cold turkey. I used to heavily use for two years. Then through strong willpower I reduced that to only every other weekend. But now to be a wiser person I am officially quitting cold turkey. I just turned 28. I’m too old for this. I’m too old to keep being a fuck up. Fuck this shit. I want better for myself. And better I shall get. I can and will. Just like I know you all can and will. Also, I am truly astonished and so very grateful of everyone who was concerned, like I said I was not expecting much response so when I saw all the responses and concerned people my faith in humanity was restored. Thank you all.

Thank God! I am SO happy to see you!
I have been so worried about you!
I have thought of you everyday.

I’m sorry you went through all that but it could have been much, much worse. OMG! Organ failure is so painful.
whew! I am just so relieved to hear from you.

❤️

Glad you are OK... I had totally forgotten to connect my own event until just now but a roommate tried to set me up in a controlled buy(long story) and I swallowed meth that was tossed into my car by, who I believe to be an undercover. I don't know how much it was as I am not a meth user(whatever $40 gets you). They were trying to get me to go to a hotel with them to party but I quickly made my way out of the parking lot and in the rain got home. I started hallucinating swat teams, helicoptors and people around every corner. I was running around chasing shadow people all night as my roommates were legit plotting against me by planting meth in my room because I had instigated the event that led to my roommates fiance getting caught up as the middleman in the buy. I found the meth because of a comment my roommate said to me during the night and because the drawer they put it in was slightly open.

I had never hallucinated before because of a stimulant in my life and I had a long history of IV coke and crack abuse before this episode. I think the very real danger that I was in helped to push me into this paranoid, hallucinatory fit. I wound up calling my dad to drive an hour and a half away to help me move out that morning as my roommates threw another bag in my car with all my stuff as I was about to leave. I left my car in a parking lot, while I went to my job with my dad and when I came back to my car it had two vehicles with several people in each one posted up on my car, which followed me out of the parking lot but I quickly left the county and lost them. This was not a figment of my imagination as I had come down enough to stop hallucinating and my dad confirmed that this was true.

When i got to my parents house I found the bag that my roommates had thrown in my car and immediately flushed it. I was a paranoid mess for a week and I had lingering PTSD symptoms. Thinking back and observing your episode reminds me of how very lucky I am that nothing happened to me.

Thanks for coming back. I hope you stick to your resolve to stay away from that garbage.

Last edited:
Watched this story with excitement. A little surprised that everything ended well. But thank God that everything is in order, a situation that makes you think.

Well Thank you for the best Birthday present, I have received this week :love: !! You really filled my mind with Hope&Fear all week!
So enough with the how Wonderful it is that you are Alive!! Don't ever let the bill stop you from Saving your life!!! Go to the fucking Hospital Please, and always get help, Broke and alive is much better than rich and DEAD!!
BTW I was your age 30 years ago , and working on Wall Street, Making and LOSING huge amounts of money, active addiction to Everything. I had lost alot of $$ this day and was Totally out of my mind ( I eventually left the street to get Clean&Sober), and older man younger than me Now Lol lol , was concerned.
He told me one of the most helpful thing in my life:
" John , If MONEY can fix it , It is NOT a Problem, be very careful of the Things Money Can Not FIX!!!!

What is strange is people not going to the hospital and dying because of a bill
Tbh, I get that. Shit loads of money could mean loss of home, or at the very least the fear of losing it, and on top of that, being caught on/with drugs could cause loss of job/income. Add to that, the knowledge that 'normal' people ore often dickheads to allsorts of 'different' people, and that's not including whatever disruption of thought processes the drugs taken might cause. . .

Maybe it was low purity meth, or maybe not. There are cases resulting in death from similiar doses. 3.5g+ seems to be guaranteed though. Theres the case of the tweaker who was walking his daughter to school, became paranoid and ate 3.5g of methamphetamine and died within hours. There are others from lower doses, but at the same ive heard of people 1 gram of meth in a shot. I wonder how often people actually inject 1000mg+ of high purity meth.

Maybe it was low purity meth, or maybe not. There are cases resulting in death from similiar doses. 3.5g+ seems to be guaranteed though. Theres the case of the tweaker who was walking his daughter to school, became paranoid and ate 3.5g of methamphetamine and died within hours. There are others from lower doses, but at the same ive heard of people 1 gram of meth in a shot. I wonder how often people actually inject 1000mg+ of high purity meth.

when I reached peak tolerance after only about a month I finally did 3 x .3 g IV shots over les than 6 hours and felt little more than a warm flush before falling asleep (kind of). I expect many hardened users could manage 3.5 g swallowed but I’d never do it willingly.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL with the meth my friends!

I told you, I WILLED this person to be okay and God hears my prayers!