• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I need help and I know it.

Key77

Greenlighter
Hello everyone. I've been browsing this forum for a while but only just registered. What I have seen is a supportive and non judgemental community whereas to society we are scorned.
I have a long story but I have to tell it. Before I do I want to thank everyone for their time and any help they may offer.
On September 23rd 2015 I was riding to work on my beloved, spoiled and cared for Yamaha YZF600R at 5am. I was going the speed limit and riding safe. But these 25 miles would be the last of the 9000 ridden over the past 6 months previous to the 23rd. Less than a minute from work an on duty officer hiding in a driveway in the dark pulled out, did an illegal u turn and did not look left. I, was left. I cannot remember anything from that morning and I am atleast grateful for that, as the ptsd is bad enough as it is.
I woke up in the hospital.
Their was a kind nurse by my side and I asked her what happened (you see it in the movies and never think it could happen to you.). She said an officer had hit me. I asked a few questions and then asked her for a hug, deeply sorrowful, which she gave me happily. I was very drugged on fentanyl and whatever else and I don't remember anything else.
Over the course of the day I found out, between naps, that I had broken my right Radius, Ulnar, Wrist, Neck and left orbital, had a concussion, injury to my left Knee, groin, and upper right thigh as well as a sprained left wrist.
My face was covered in blood and glass because my full face helmets visor had broken exposing part of my face and allowing the orbital blowout and lacerations to my face. I was in a full neck brace and my left eye was blood red, not white. I had emergency surgery to reconstruct my arm that day. I remember my arm being set (the ulna pierced the skin) and unimaginable pain before blacking out. I nearly never awoke from surgery and it took 6 hours of the staff yelling my name and whatever else before I did.
8 days later after I had stabilized I was sent home with my parents with flexirol and 5mg oxycodone. I could barely move and was obviously in more pain than anyone should endure. A week later I collapsed at the dinner table and was rushed to the ER where a blood clot was discovered in my left lung. So after a course of xarelto and all the suffering associated with my injuries of which I could go into great detail and trauma a wrist surgery was determined to be necessary January 16th. It went well and so I kept going.
Then they finally got it through their thick heads after an MRI that something was wrong with my knee. Contrary to popular belief a knee is only made to bend one way, not three. And so began a redoubled horrible suffering after reconstructive knee surgery February 16th.
I was in newly fresh pain comparable only to 1 or 2 months after the accident and ended up going into shock from a daily attempt to use crutches as instructed when my leg got stuck under me and I screamed and went into shock as I was placed into bed by my parents. The ambulance came, I was admitted to the ER for pain management for one week.
During that time I had dilaudid every 2 hours IV and 5-15mg oxy every 3 hours. Now lemme tell you, I was very very strong mentally until knee surgery and the larger doses of oxy and oxycontin and dilaudid. I went weeks without it at a time until that hospitalization. At that point I slowly began to lose control due to the pain and mental trauma of the accident and time since. Fast forward to now and I am walking and can see properly with minimal nerve damage and am gradually restoring function to my right arm, wrist and hand.
I also am in pain every day that tylenol does little to nothing for. That has resulted in daily use of oxy from 5-30mg a day. I am also expecting delivery of 10 30mg oxys which are 3 times bigger than the 10s I have left. I am on antidepressants and I am suicidal, have bad anxiety, ptsd, mood swings and feel like I am dying from the inside out. I have come here because I don't know what to do and I am afraid of what I may do.
If you read all that here's a hug if you want it and thank you.

Last edited:
Hey I know what ur going through..I was hooked on codeine for 7years took about 10-12pills a day..with all the antidepressants,anxiety meds so ya I was a perscription junkie because of life I always had an excuse just to zone out on the stuff.I have an addictive personality so quitting was hard..tried a lot of other meds en mdma like meth 3 times..for pain?maybe for moment escape def!!but I wouldve destroyed myself with meth and even prescription meds...I read about Sceletium Tortuosum and Kratom on bluelight and I will give that a go..I am a person that needs a lift a boost,most things that leave others in awe just bores the heck outta me..so yes u endured trauma,your in pain,BUT don't fall into the whole prescription chronic thing(mind ova matter)read about kratom and Sceletium Tortousum its herbs that does the same as the meds maybe even more

What happened to the police officer? Hopefully you at least sue him, and the agency in order to send a message that cops are not above the law (making illegal turns).

Please do not commit suicide. There is so much healing that can be done with some therapy and the right course of medications. One of the best things that happened to me is that my suicide attempt was a failure. I have a new appreciation for life that I had not had previously. I did not realize that the trauma that happened to me could be worked on.

Hopefully you find a good therapist to help you get closure from that accident, as well as a good psychiatrist to get you stabilized on your meds for the time being.

Far out, that's hectic. It sounds like something that will take time and strength to get through, but think of how much you've already got through. The fact that you're walking again already is unreal! I'm sure it's a battle every day, but if you can get through what you've been through then I definitely think you've got the strength to keep going and every day -you might not notice it- but every day you're recovering and with time, this mindset you're in should get a little easier to overcome. I've never experienced something like that, but physically, it sounds like you're through the worst of it. I understand it's difficult, but it can only get better from here right?

Please talk to someone about these thoughts you're having, a therapist, psychiatrist, friend, family member - I really do believe things will get much, much better for you if you can just give it time and keep your mind focused on getting better.

OP, I'm a little confused. Are you reaching out for help because you're in pain or because you're depressed?

Here is my advise. Find a good Dr that you like and can be open with. I imagine you see lots of docs and may not have one that can help over look it all. Hopefully you sued the crap out of the cop and they are paying for all medical bills and you will get a healthy sum to live off of for a long time? If not, get on it as there is a limit to how long you have and they have severely altered your life.

Once you have a good Dr tell him all these things. Tell them you are in pain. Try to get thru a lot without any help but take meds when the pain is debilitating. Over time your body will develop a tolerance and it won't work as well and will need to be increased. But only take them as prescribed. If they stop helping and you are on honest pain call and leave a msg. Maybe even ask if you take a pill and it doesn't help what you can do. Sometimes they will give you a smaller amount for break thru, sometimes they will say take a second. But don't do anything to break his trust. Also, they will make you feel really good for a while and this will start to go away. Don't take them to feel good and try to get that feeling back. Take them to control pain and just enjoy and additional benefits. Once you start chasing the feel good part, your tolerance will sky rocket and your pain control will suck. Do NOT abuse them and if there is ever an issue or question, call your Dr and tell them. Don't take it into your own hands.

Also, go to any physical therapy. It hurts, but it is making your body stronger and getting you closer to a normal life. And once your pain begins to lessen tell your Dr. You may can use a smaller dose or get off pain meds all together. They will help you with this and if you were taking strictly for pain control it will be much easier to get off than if you take to get a buzz.

Your Dr are there to help. Be honest and tell them everything. If something comes up Don't wait weeks until your next appointment but call, leave a msg, and let them know what's going on. Different people react different to things and some meds work some don't. Tell them and let them make adjustments until they find what works for you. It can take a little time and get frustrating but stick with it and call and tell them any issues.

Once you get thru all this you will have a life back that is better than things are now. It may take some years but you will get there. My biggest advice is don't take anything just because it might make you feel good. You will quickly get in trouble with your pain. And be the squeaky wheel when it comes to doctors. And if you get one that gives you a hard time or you don't get along with, get a second or third opinion and find one you like. With any thing potentially harmful with your healthcare like a surgery, it's always best to get second opinions anyways and no one should hold that against you.

Good luck and keep asking questions here or wherever you can get help if you need it.

Good luck! Just remember it sucks and hurts now but you are getting better every day. There are also many other people that have gone thru this and much worse things, and came out on the other side just fine. It's up to you to want to prevail and get your life back or if you want to blame things and make excuses and then you may never completely heal.

Keep your head up and stay strong!

Ive found profound healing both physically and mentally through the healing ministry at my church. Maybe you could find an equivalent through a prayer group or something where people simply pray over each others ailments. At the very least try to find some sort of group that can openly talk about their pain. Ive found normal ppl dont understand true chronic pain so you have to find people of your own ilk.

To clarify I have a claim with the city first, then will be sueing the officer individually after.
I haven't been able to find a good church group that I like. I am Christian but have trouble finding a church I like.

Thank you to everyone who has replied, I will try to answer everyone's questions.
First off I'm reaching out because my addiction is spiraling out of control and I am very very depressed and oxy is all that makes me feel happy and motivated etc and stops the pain I feel every day. I am in therapy twice a week for my leg and twice for my hand. I do want to find another doctor because all mine wants to do is antidepressants and I don't feel like he addresses half of my concerns.
My lawyer is all over the city and they should be able to submit within 2-8 weeks as we collect all the bills (astronomical). After that I'm going after the officer directly and Sue em for all he's worth, if he's worth anything at all which I don't think he is.
Sceletium Tortuosum sounds interesting I'm gonna look into it.
I've been looking into a place called daymark for help. I was gonna get a counselor but can't afford it with the frequency I need.
Is anyone in NA? I have been tossing the idea around in my head.
If I missed any questions just let me know.
Thank you all so much for the support.
To clarify I have a claim with the city first, then will be sueing the officer individually after.
I haven't been able to find a good church group that I like. I am Christian but have trouble finding a church I like.

In my signature is a link that will bring you to the sober living subforum. There are a lot of people out there that are experiencing the same misery that is addiction. I was addicted to IV opiates from age 15 to 32. The pain and existential misery you feel is real...but here is the good news; it can get better. I am in your corner. Feel free to PM me anytime you wish to talk to someone that has been there.

That is good you are holding them accountable. The inattention of that police officer has irreversibly changed your life. After you get closure with that what will you do? I suggest finding a therapist that you can see weekly that will provide a sympathetic ear, and a soft place to land. It did wonders for me. When it comes to the opiate addiction you may end up treating your pain with a course of opiates, but you will need some help in order to beat the addictive behaviors, escalating doses, and depression. One thing about recognizing you are an addict is that you must work on the underlying causes of the addiction. There is a reason you are depressed and unmotivated without your oxy. It is a disconnect in your mind that you never knew you had until you experienced having it treated with opiates (which are amazing antidepressants).

Good luck and god speed.

NA might be tough if you plan on continuing to use the pain medication. My experience is they are a supportive group of individuals who don't think that drugs are a solution or help in any way shape or form (maybe for someone in your condition being prescribed the meds they'd be more understanding.)

http://chronic-pain.supportgroups.com/ seems to be someplace to check out

I'm sorry to hear your story, but you have come this far and have shown this much strength. I'm sure you have much more to give.

If you are worried about addiction to the meds and only feeling well on them, I can understand. I was heavily addicted to oxycontin and other opiates for nearly 3 years straight and on and off for many more. I never had any injury nearly as physically devastating as yours though, it was simply mental demons and boredom.

Someday you will be healthy enough to live without them. Right now don't hate yourself for needing them.

I do have a friend from High School who was in a terrible motorcycle accident and it took him a couple years but he made a full recovery and started his own landscaping/tree removal business and is doing quite well for himself. You will be whole once more.

Thank you manboychef, I'm going to PM you soon.
Once everything is settled I will absolutely find a good therapist atleast once a week. I'm hoping that we get all the bills from the third party billing soon. You would think they would want their $300,000+ a little sooner but that's hospitals for you.
" There is a reason you are depressed and unmotivated without your oxy. It is a disconnect in your mind that you never knew you had until you experienced having it treated with opiates (which are amazing antidepressants) "
This was interesting to me but I don't know what to do with it though I believe it to be true. I could go into detail about growing up and my current situation but that would be difficult to convey and take a while.
If anyone has something to add on the quoted above go ahead.
" Someday you will be healthy enough to live without them. Right now don't hate yourself for needing them. "
This has been part of the problem, I've never had so much aso a beer or cigarette, so being addicted to opiates is alarming to say the least. But it's also enjoyable in the moment and controls my pain.

time to find a good "shark in a suit" lawyer if you haven't already and sue the pants off the police department for all you're due for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering.

I have a very good lawyer, the best I know of from day 1. We are very much pursuing maximum recompense. It just takes time to gather all the bills. As has been said this has irreversibly changed my life and is still causing major problems mentally and physically. I'm out for blood and I will not rest until I'm swimming in it.

If you read all that here's a hug if you want it and thank you.

For future reference you'll get more readers if you use proper paragraphs instead of a daunting wall of text.

After such a traumatic event feeling suicidal would be natural. However if you want to live it's good to have a compelling reason. Think about what you really want to do in this short life. Commit yourself to getting through this towards that goal. Make it very compelling in your mind in whatever way you can. Let your friends and family in on it. Make it real in your mind and then fight like a fucking warrior to make it happen. That's how I've overcome many difficult problems in my life and I've had a shitload both physically and mentally.

I made it to 63 and considering my childhood I should have been dead at 7 lol. Just as an example besides very abusive parents my right leg was run over by a car on my 7th birthday. The bone popped out of my leg many inches. They didn't think I'd ever walk any good on that leg. In later life I became a martial arts instructor in Seattle and played full court basketball daily. Backpacked half way across the United States. Took wilderness survival courses became a dog trainer and generally had a blast for many years. Best of luck brother.

Last edited:
For future reference you'll get more readers if you use proper paragraphs instead of a daunting wall of text.

After such a traumatic event feeling suicidal would be natural. However if you want to live it's good to have a compelling reason. Think about what you really want to do in this short life. Commit yourself to getting through this towards that goal. Make it very compelling in your mind in whatever way you can. Let your friends and family in on it. Make it real in your mind and then fight like a fucking warrior to make it happen. That's how I've overcome many difficult problems in my life and I've had a shitload both physically and mentally.

I made it to 63 and considering my childhood I should have been dead at 7 lol. Just as an example besides very abusive parents my right leg was run over by a car on my 7th birthday. The bone popped out of my leg many inches. They didn't think I'd ever walk any good on that leg. In later life I became a martial arts instructor in Seattle and played full court basketball daily. Backpacked half way across the United States. Took wilderness survival courses became a dog trainer and generally had a blast for many years. Best of luck brother.
I haven't had much success with editing. I think it's because of the mobile format. I have a tablet and phone only. It only let's me do so much but I've tried to break it up..
Right now what is keeping me going is the lawsuit and buying a brand new Kawasaki ZX-14r and every piece of the most advanced armor available when I get my money.
Glad to hear you were able to live a fulfilling life after your trauma.

Last edited:
My biggest concern at this point is your safety!! You said you are suicidial! I think you need to check yourself into a mental health inpatient facility. While you are there, you will get a complete psych eval, get stabilized, and leave with a good discharge plan. This is the route you need to take RIGHT NOW!! trust me!

You are self-medicating amongst other things. Please do not harm yourself. Just call 911 or go to your local ER, and they will take it from there!!!

My biggest concern at this point is your safety!! You said you are suicidial! I think you need to check yourself into a mental health inpatient facility. While you are there, you will get a complete psych eval, get stabilized, and leave with a good discharge plan. This is the route you need to take RIGHT NOW!! trust me!

You are self-medicating amongst other things. Please do not harm yourself. Just call 911 or go to your local ER, and they will take it from there!!!

Well I did a month ago so let me tell you about that little trip.
It all started with my hand therapist. I like him and we know each other so I decided to talk to him and ask for help.
He was very sympathetic and tried to get me set up with a therapist there but they weren't in that day. So he suggested I go to the ER.
That, was a mistake.
So I went across the street and checked myself in, they were expecting me.
Two nurses took my vitals then one left to prepare a room. Then I followed the other to the room where most everything that could be had been removed and the nurse was zip tying cabinets together.
She looked nervous and possibly embarrassed and left when done. I was asked to get into a gown and put all my things into a bag.
So I did, but I hid my phone. Mistake number two. I did so because I was scared and had begun to realize I wasn't getting out of here unless they let me. Their were two full blown police officers outside my door.
I hadn't realized I would be in a different room so when a lady came to take me somewhere else I had to get my phone.
Commenced hospital panic mode! The lady called the officers as soon as she saw it and said it was a weapon. I tried to explain but they were having none of it at all. They begun to put on gloves and said I could either hand it over or they would take it. So I went Kung fu and escaped triumphantly!
By that I mean I handed it over and got a lovely escort to a mental ward room with absolutely nothing loose in it that could possibly be used to harm myself.
The lady explained the policy was the same for everyone and that the glass in the phone could be used to harm myself.
At that point I broke down crying.
The lady was nice though and got me food and a benzo. Then some people came to evaluate me and eventually I was let go that day with an appointment at monarch which also turned out to be a waste of time.
So yeah, going to the ER is not high on my list of options.

I read your post. I myself am on 60mg of Oxycodone a day and too suffer from severe depression, crippling anxiety, and a myriad of other emotional disorders. I won't go in depth with my own story because this thread is about you. And it should stay that way.

I'm so sorry you're going through a pretty steep low right now. Having these episodes, whether they last a day or a few weeks, is a really draining experience. And sometimes it gets so overwhelming that you lose yourself in that unsettling void that does nothing but make you feel alone and isolated and hopeless.

If you ever want to talk, you can always message me. I'm new here, too; though I was previously a lurker. I'm Tori, by the way. Short for Victoria. If you don't feel comfortable messaging me, that's alright. Just know that you're not totally alone, even if it feels like it.

Personal experience makes me extremely weary of recommending any opiate dependent/addict seek inpatient help at a mental health facility. Most places have detox wards, however, many places also don't give anything in the way of comfort meds outside of low dose benzos to help with detox. As you've pointed out, the treatment itself can be traumatizing, and you've already survived something as unique as it is traumatic.

Many community outpatient programs are also dual-diagnosis. You mentioned NA, but I think you might want to check one of these places out before or concurrent to NA. They're more structured and offer individual therapy along with focused group therapy.
It's really important that you find yourself both a good therapist and a doctor that you're happy with, and an outpatient program might serve as a decent halfway point.
Best wishes.