I must be completely and totally insane..

And speaking of such, how are you doing today Hippie Child? For the better or worse, I'd be interested to hear more about what you're struggling with.

I bring this up because of what you've just posted. Nothing changed in my life, at least not really for the better, until I myself took steps in order to get things changing. My question to you then is...

What do you think you could do to get you through this period of your life? I.e. What could you do to help you get over with this?

Like, do you have any ideas about what reasonably might be expected to help you through your situation (i.e. like getting a psychologist or some therapy or something)?

And speaking of such, how are you doing today Hippie Child? For the better or worse, I'd be interested to hear more about what you're struggling with.

I bring this up because of what you've just posted. Nothing changed in my life, at least not really for the better, until I myself took steps in order to get things changing. My question to you then is...

What do you think you could do to get you through this period of your life? I.e. What could you do to help you get over with this?

Like, do you have any ideas about what reasonably might be expected to help you through your situation (i.e. like getting a psychologist or some therapy or something)?

Not too good. I feel like i'm on the verge of the worst panic attack in the history of mankind.

Have you ever tried breathing exercises, or any form of meditation or yoga? I used to suffer from sever GAD and learning some very simple breathing exercises, a kind of meditation in itself, helped me overcome them tremendously.

Have you ever tried breathing exercises, or any form of meditation or yoga? I used to suffer from sever GAD and learning some very simple breathing exercises, a kind of meditation in itself, helped me overcome them tremendously.

I was so ready to snap the other day... i was ready to tear apart anyone who was gonna try tread on me afer a shocher of a morning... took some pils didnt cut it, found some meditation music in my music so amashed it on and lay back eyes closed and just tried to empty my mind.
It was difficuilt but it must have worked as i calmed myself to sleep!! a good 2 hours. This is when ive gone "damn, dont underestimate the power of meditation" im just a beginner lookin into it and doin very basic stuff, The level that some more advanced people are on must be absouluty outstanding!!
So yer id be givin that a go OP
THinkin of ya bro<3

Dave and others have mentioned that datura is a horrendously bad idea. I'll mention it again. Datura is toxic to humans, very much so. You do not know what you get with that plant as far as potency and it is impossible to identify such by sight. Atropine poisoning would be a terrible way to check out.

So would be getting cooked in a sweat lodge. That made the news, big time. Any of this is freely available on your search engine of choice. What you might read will disgust you.

I reiterate the advice to see a competent therapist, and that you may very well benefit from volunteer work because it will give you a sense of purpose. Panic disorder is awful, but you need not resort to psychedelics or any drug necessarily. Finding a bit more direction in your life and your thoughts will undoubtedly help you. Meditation and yoga are fantastic ideas.

I hope you are able to talk and think your way to peace.

No! I'm trying NOT to focus on my breathing. That's why i'm about to freak out. Depersonalization. I keep asking myself, "How do I breathe without having to force myself to do it. How is my body doing it on it's own." This just freaks me out even more! And when I think about it, I notice my breathing, and then I start to have a panic attack. This didn't start until I smoked some laced weed 2 years ago. Throughout that whole high I had to force myself to breathe, because my body wasn't wanting to listen to me. I didn't know what was going on, who I was, or why I was there. My 5 senses were gone. :?

So nooooo. Breathing exercises will just make me flip the fuck out, unless a psychologist is guiding me through it. I'm able to focus on their voice and not my own thoughts!

Ah, but the point is to focus on the breathing rather than your thoughts. It can't be rushed though-- takes some persistence and time. Keep chipping at it.

Start by telling yourself/thinking, "In," as you inhale; and, "Out," as you exhale. Your breathing should be controlled to be as slow and deep as possible. You want to get as much air sucked into your lungs each breath as possible.

Once I'm familiar with the In/Out routine, I just start counting (like 15 minutes after starting the In/Out) my breathes. Each inhale I say to myself, "One." Each exhale I say to myself, "Two." One. Two. One. Two. etc. etc.

I do something similar, except I only count to one. Either that, or I'll do an onomatopeia of my breathing, rather than the words In/Out, so as to try to weaken another tie to the monkey brain (via language). YMMV though :)

What i'm saying is when I do notice my breathing, it freaks me the hell out. How is my body doing that on it's own? How come I don't have to breathe myself.

Breathing is autonomous, but we can control the muscles if we really want to. It's the first, and easiest by far, of the autonomous bodily functions that can be brought under temporary conscious control. The neat thing is that no matter what, the automatic function will take over if you try to override it. See how long you can hold your breath. Not long, I'd bet. Even if you were really good at it, eventually you'd pass out and your body would take over.

It's amazing how we have all these neat failsafes for the truly indispensible functions.

That's why I try not to notice it. Once I notice it, I feel like I HAVE to control it or i'll die.

Another example, when I realize i'm blinking, it freaks me out because i'm totally unaware of it during most of my day. All this shit i'm unaware of is freaky..

opioid drugs saved my life but use them very sparingly because they no have wrecked my life the key is moderation

Hey Hippie, IMO i really think it would be wise to give up drugs. Heart problems alone should be enough of a reason. Just my 2 cents.

Good luck,
Chris