• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

I Like to Draw Pictures of Random Molecules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my crappy idea. An amide of amphetamine + phenidate. Not sure what Phenidatic acid does it self, but is probably just a NDRI like methylphenidate. As far as I know, DRIs attenuate the effects of DRAs, but I may be mistaken

2mflkoz.png

Here is my idea of a supertoxic drug 4-methyldeprenyl, a heart attack in a pill
208u0s8.png

As far as I know, DRIs attenuate the effects of DRAs, but I may be mistaken

2mflkoz.png

Apparently, "Exo-2-phenyl-7-azabicyclo[2.2.1]heptane" is both a DARA & a DARI, but my understanding is that those mechanisms are mutually exclusive depending on what confirmation they bind. e.g. they do not 'attenuate' one another. Phosphorylated DAT (acting in the manner of a releasing agent) cannot be bound by the reuptake inhibitors at DAT, and when DARIs are bound to DAT they cannot be phosphorylated by DA releasing agents (which is my understanding of why DARIs are neuroprotective & DARAs neurotoxic).

I, however, would think something that acted as a releasing agent at VMAT but a pure reuptake inhibitor at plasmalemmal MAT (without phosphorylation at plasmalemmal) would be the ideal of both modes of action for purposes of CNS stimulation.

HV7c4.png

this is stuck in my head for some reason

RXMjj.png

obligatory misunderstanding of SAR

Last edited:
Here are my stupid ideas =D
34h8lqt.png

Another MPH amide, could be used as an "anti abuse" version of ritalin.

Here are some esters and amides of amphetamine and ephedrine

r77giv.png

N-Acetylamphetamine, inactive prodrug someone else has likely thought of

2s1wunn.png

Ephedrine Acetate

e6b01w.png

Weird drug, likely an antipsychotic

v7r4b5.png

Probably an SSRI

I have a question
It has to do with molecules but mostly affinity

What are the 5-HT, DAT, and NET affinities for the D, L, and Racemic Methamphetamine and Amphetamine
Why are the affinities so different from each other (molecule-wise)
What makes meth so much more neurotoxic than amphetamine (molecule-wise)

I personally, would be interested in knowing the difference in monoamine affinities for N-Ethylamphetamine.

Mandelocaine.png

Perhaps a non-cardiotoxic/non-anesthetic cocaine analogue which doesn't have the reduced SERT affinity of the basic phenyltropanes?

Benzoylmethylthiomethylecgonine.png

I find this configuration curious.

Last edited:
Presenting the one and only:
fp9gw.png

Cyclomethane!

Not sure about its pharmacology, but I painted it on one of the toilets at my former university´s organic chemistry building, and it became
kinda famous!

^^^ perhaps if you could come up with some way to fold the carbon atom in one of the higher dimensions (i.e. the 4th or 5th dimension)?

Benzoylmethylthiomethylecgonine.png

I find this configuration curious.

The second molecule is a very unlikely but interesting structure, specifically I'm talking abut the sulfur. You have a tetrahedral hypervalent sulfur atom. It is an interesting but untenable situation: the SR4 compounds are called 'sulfuranes'. The prototypical sulfurane is SH4 and is square pyramidal.

Pentavalent carbon sulfuranes (ie :SR4 where R=alkyl) with four C-S bonds are extremely uncommon but, owing to some ingenious chemistry, and some low temperatures, have been identified spectroscopically - some have even been isolated.

(A compound called Martin's sulfurane has been used in synthesis, dehydrating tertiary and secondary alcohols to alkenes, but it has two bonds to -O-Ph-CF3 ligands, and two to phenyl groups)

Here's a link to the image from Sigma-Aldrich, or just search Sigma for 'Martin's sulfurane'.

http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/medium/structureimages/62/mfcd00010662.png

Search google for "First Preparation of a Sulfurane with Four Carbon-Sulfur Bonds" and you'll find an article on the preparation of diphenyl bis(2,2'-biphenylylene)sulfurane, which is the compound the article title refers to (the Royal Society has a free version of the article online).

The S is psuedo trigonal bipyramidal, and you can see immediately that the biphenyl ligands confer some level of optical stability in rotation around the C-S bonds is hindered: that is, theoretically the compound would show atropoisomerism (like some of the molecules I mentioned in the other post here).

Possibly you saw the configuration (S with four sigma bonds) as curious, which it is - a more likely linkage would be the thioester, that is R-S-R' (ie if you removed the methyl and hydrogens on the sulfur).

As to other curiosities with representation: in American conventions the narrow end of the wedge bond points away from the central atom, and in European conventions, the narrow end of the wedge bond points to the central atom. They are best used to denote stereochemical configuration and they can be misleading: for example in your molecule, the cycloheptane scaffold in the bicyclic compound I believe you've referred to as a tropane analogue, appears flat (in the same plane as the paper).

In reality it adopts a much different conformation. But for convenience we may use the flattened structures, especially where mechanisms are concerned.

But back to the wedge bonds for a minute: you must be careful with their use, in that you don't confuse yourself with the shape of a particular molecule. It is conventional to use wedge bonds for tetrahedral or near tetrahedral atoms. Two bold wedge bonds coming from a carbon atom would only be possible if the other two bonds were both line, or both hashed wedge (if one was a hashed wedge and the other a line, the structure would not appear tetrahedral).

Since you're using the American convention, the nitrogen can have two wedge bonds attached: one from the ring-carbon (pointing to the nitrogen), and one from the nitrogen (pointing to another ring carbon). This is clear because the N has both narrow, and broad bold wedge bonds attached.

If it had two bold wedge bonds depicted as emerging from the nitrogen (narrow ends pointing at the N), it would be a confusing structure (in terms of this molecule).

Lastly, this paper addresses optical activity in sulfuranes, and the stereochemistry of various sulfuranes:

Stereochemistry of spirosulfuranes and their oxides: Static and dynamic aspects

Last edited:
newcompound2.jpg

So I came up with this about a week ago, after reading on wiki about the variations in the phethylamine fly series. Theoretically it would create less visuals and more euphoria then mmda.

The idea is that with a 5-furan ring instead of a methoxy it still hits the same receptor (5-th2a). But when you bring it out to a 5-pyran ring, it now increases selectivity for 5-th2c instead of 5-th2a thus making it more euphoric rather then visual.

What do you guys think?

I used to be fan of the record label ID&T, not in the time they were known for hardcore music releases but rather around 2000 when they started hosting the biggest indoor dance event of the world (I think): Sensation. This is their logo:

Logo_ID&T.jpg

So when I started spinning records, I built myself a huge DJ booth and using serigraphy (screen printing), I made the following molecule in orange fluorescent paint about 1.5-2 ft across:

91cg2p.jpg

I used to be fan of the record label ID&T, not in the time they were known for hardcore music releases but rather around 2000 when they started hosting the biggest indoor dance event of the world (I think): Sensation. This is their logo:

Logo_ID&T.jpg

So when I started spinning records, I built myself a huge DJ booth and using serigraphy (screen printing), I made the following molecule in orange fluorescent paint about 1.5-2 ft across:

91cg2p.jpg

idiantine?

Sup..
I wa looking for your opinion on 3 ketamine like substances that I came up with during my long and harsh methoxetamine intake.

Basically I was hoping for some lqualified info on the SAr and other potential properties of the following:

ketanalog.png

In my opinion the first 2 shold have a high activity, though im dubious abouth the third one.

Thanks in advance. anyways.

Peace!

Sup..
I wa looking for your opinion on 3 ketamine like substances that I came up with during my long and harsh methoxetamine intake.

Basically I was hoping for some lqualified info on the SAr and other potential properties of the following:

ketanalog.png

In my opinion the first 2 shold have a high activity, though im dubious abouth the third one.

Thanks in advance. anyways.

Peace!

You're right. I'm not an expert, but the first two do look more active than the third. Third one looks a little.. eh. Not sure if any would match any of the current arylcyclohexylamines though. Really cool "triflu" section in the second one..

the 3' one actually fits prety well with metoxetamine on a 3D model though it this is only possible with one of the 2 isomers from what I undestood.

Could anyone advice me a better program than ACD to depict molecules and ther 'natural' comformation?
On ACD chemsketch the molecule seems plausible though i have doubts about that program a lot.

Neways here is what I managed to post in 3D so far to compare between methoxetamine, ketamines and my so called 'ponticlidine' (from italian 'ponte' which means bridge).

ketanalogue2.png

the general comformation of the molecules don't seem to alter that much so I would gues some activity....plus longer duration since the ethyl grouo is bonded between an amine an an oxygen making enzymatic brakedown moew difficult.

What do you think?
(ps sorry for the typos...im a lil bit drunk right now)

Last edited:
Lol, tell an uneducated person "I'm about to drink some dihydrogen monoxide"

The responses I get are like "DUDE DON'T KILL YOURSELFFFF"

Its H2O... god damn hippies...

Status
Not open for further replies.