• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc I Just Want off this Crazy Ride! (Phenibut)

Poisoned555

Greenlighter
I'm joining because I am going in and out of Phenibut withdrawals because I have been very confused about symptoms. I know Phenibut is not a benzo but it is fairly similar. But I never had these symptoms from Klonopin withdrawal. I take a lot of Phenibut and its way past the recommended dosage guidelines. I have been using it for almost a year. I started experiencing these insane vibrating sensations in my head and especially in my forehead around the center just above the brow. I can see now that was because my dosing varies almost daily I never stay on just one dose and it goes up and down. I didn't realize what this was. It would happen once and a while and I just always thought it was weird and I had no idea if I was crazy or not.

But recently Things have been getting really bad. And what happened was I thought that vibrating thing was being caused by me taking too much so I tapered from like 6g to 2g and then I started to withdraw and freak out. I can't get a solid night's rest and I haven't been able to for weeks. I just get like an hour here or there. I'm just starting school and the first day I'm on Phenibut at a decent dose without feeling anxious but my head is still vibrating like crazy and it feels like my brain is in a vice being crushed by my skull. It is so intense.

Then it started to really freak me out because I had no idea what it was and along with the tinnitus hearing crickets I thought I had just lost it completely. I started thinking the worst. I have also been using kratom which I don't find to be problematic but very helpful. I was planning on utilizing this plant because it helped me through school and my social anxiety. But now they are unjustly banning it and I'm so really mad about it. But anyway I went back up to 6g of phenibut and my head is still buzzing like crazy. It wasn't until I looked it up and found others had that brain buzz and extreme migraine-like symptoms and found out that I wasn't crazy that all this is part of the GABA depletion.

But now I am completely freaking out because I cannot go through 10-12 months of having my skull crushing my brain! Some guy even said 24 MONTHS??? I seriously don't know about my life at this point. How in the world am I going to get through 24 Months of this??? I can't think I can't focus I can't actually live my life! I can't get a good night sleep. I am going to be with my brain being squeezed like a boa constrictor for up to 24 months? While I did feel better knowing what it was I can't deal with this being constantly going on for that long i just can't fathom this. And I haven't even gotten off it yet. I need some kind of game plan here. I just feel hopeless and I don't know what to do. I just want off this ride. I don't know what I am going to do. I want to taper off this evil shit. I have Rx to Lyrica and Gabapentin but I don't know how I am going to go about the taper just yet. I can't do anything until I figure out why my head is being crushed in a vice even back at my normal dose. Because I don't feel anxious like I'm withdrawing but my head is in tremendous pain!!! ...Any help would be of tremendous value!

Does the head buzzin feel like an electrical shock that goes through your brain and lasts for a few seconds? And it usually happens when you do something like turn your head? If so, you are taking too much Phenibut.

Be glad you got some rx's on hand. I cold turkeyed off Phenibut and it was the most miserable experience of my life.

You need to reduce your dose (taper off to zero) and replace it with Lyrica/ Gabapentin ASAP.

Last edited:
Does the head buzzin feel like an electrical shock that goes through your brain and lasts for a few seconds?

No it is a constant vibrating and intense pressure/pain that feels like my head is in a vice being crushed. I know what you are talking about and I have experienced that before but this is a very different feeling and its painful. I found this on Benzobuddies there were others who had this but they were experiencing it after their taper. I haven't even begun yet. here are some posts from people there:

"I have the brain vibrating it is an awful symptom. It comes along with head pressure in the face and teeth. This symptom did not show up until I was almost done my taper. My is the worst whn I sit still or lie down, but is there 24/7.[...] it went awy at 10 months? I am about three weeks away from 10 months and would consider that a major break through and would give me a lot of hope since it is a main symptom."

"Does anyone else have this constant inner vibration in his head ? It's driving me mad. It's not brain zaps because those are short and intermittent and this is really always there. If feels like there are bees buzzing in my head or something. No tremblings as in 'shakes', but more like somebody has hit on my head as if it were a gong and it's still vibrating. I suspect it's the nerves but I'm not sure."

1. For anyone else reading this thread, never take more than 1g per week. Ever! I've been consistently 'preaching' this info, on this site, for years.

You need to taper slowly. Tell us about your taper regime. Bear in mind, that if you start a course of Lyrica, you'll face a similar misery when you come to withdraw. Took me more than 12 weeks to taper and it was horrendous (I suffer from trigeminal neuralgia, so I needed it).

OK. Get to you GP and ask for duloxetine. 60mg per day. Take it while you taper.

1. For anyone else reading this thread, never take more than 1g per week. Ever! I've been consistently 'preaching' this info, on this site, for years.

You need to taper slowly. Tell us about your taper regime. Bear in mind, that if you start a course of Lyrica, you'll face a similar misery when you come to withdraw. Took me more than 12 weeks to taper and it was horrendous (I suffer from trigeminal neuralgia, so I needed it).

OK. Get to you GP and ask for duloxetine. 60mg per day. Take it while you taper.
Yep. Lyrica is another hell to get off so I am still taking a low dose of it. At least, the doctor will be able to help him in that. Doctors have no idea what Phenibut is. So sooner OP switches to Lyrica or Gabapentin, the better.

I don't know how I am going to tackle this yet. I don't know what this head vibrating thing is from because I have not tapered yet. These people all experienced it while tapering or after the taper. I was thinking of maybe using a variety of things while I taper and nothing repetitive. In other words I do not want to take something day after day and develop another dependency. I was thinking of maybe alternating between baclofen, Lyrica, and Gabapentin. I just want to get through this and move on with my life! What would Cymbalta help with?

I don't know how I am going to tackle this yet. I don't know what this head vibrating thing is from because I have not tapered yet. These people all experienced it while tapering or after the taper. I was thinking of maybe using a variety of things while I taper and nothing repetitive. In other words I do not want to take something day after day and develop another dependency. I was thinking of maybe alternating between baclofen, Lyrica, and Gabapentin. I just want to get through this and move on with my life! What would Cymbalta help with?
I had this electrical vibration and this pressure on my forehead BEFORE tapering. I only experienced this after taking high doses of phenibit. It lasted a while and would happen frequently but it wasn't constant 24/7 like you mentioned so I dunno if that's the same thing. But that bad feeling in my head did not go away till I stopped Phenibut. The reason I quit my Phenibut addiction was because of those electrical shocks/vibration.

It sometimes goes away but then it comes back Strong and I can't figure out what the hell it is from. Because it happened even when I was down to 2g. I am at a loss to explain this!

It sometimes goes away but then it comes back Strong and I can't figure out what the hell it is from. Because it happened even when I was down to 2g. I am at a loss to explain this!
How long were you on the 2g for? Were you on it long enough?? When you take a high dose of Phenibut, it stays in your system for 48+ hours and full withdrawal don't hit till the 72 hr mark. So maybe the 6g was still messing with your head

And another thing you have to stay on a dose and stick with and taper down... Everytime you go up and down , you send your brain into shock. Whatever you do dont increase it. If you feel anxious, use some lyrica.

I realize this now. And Kratom was really helping me with being on lower doses. But now they have to ban it and make everyone's lives miserable. But I was thinking to get some Baclofen off the net and alternate between Lyrica and Gabapentin as well. And maybe I will buy a bunch of Kratom before the ban to aid in this process... But I hear you I am going to make a taper plan this week. Hopefully you guys can help me out with some support along the way...

I realize this now. And Kratom was really helping me with being on lower doses. But now they have to ban it and make everyone's lives miserable. But I was thinking to get some Baclofen off the net and alternate between Lyrica and Gabapentin as well. And maybe I will buy a bunch of Kratom before the ban to aid in this process... But I hear you I am going to make a taper plan this week. Hopefully you guys can help me out with some support along the way...
Yeah it's such a shame they ban kratom it was my crutch depression and anxiety now they gotta take it away. I know a guy that successfully quit Phenibut with Baclofen he didnt find it painful or anything so u can give that a try. The worst wd symptom found by far was insomnia and how SLOW time went by. After 10 days of little to no sleep I finally had enough and got some lyrica and still take it to this day at bed time.
Good luck and Keep us updated dude.

I really think I can do this. But yea the sleep thing is a NIGHTMARE! Nothing puts me to sleep! But I want off this stuff. I am going to buy a bunch of Baclofen off the net but I am not going to take it day after day I am going to alternate. So the guy you know said he made an easy transition from Phenibut using Baclofen? Was he on large doses of phenibut? Kratom is such a medicinal plant. This will be a big help in it too

I really think I can do this. But yea the sleep thing is a NIGHTMARE! Nothing puts me to sleep! But I want off this stuff. I am going to buy a bunch of Baclofen off the net but I am not going to take it day after day I am going to alternate. So the guy you know said he made an easy transition from Phenibut using Baclofen? Was he on large doses of phenibut? Kratom is such a medicinal plant. This will be a big help in it too
He had a 10g a day habit dude. He said the baclofen kept the withdrawals away and he felt way more stable than Phenibut because of the shorter half life. Phenibut lingers in your system too long and it makes the whole taper thing a pain in the butt. I read somewhere that you cant dose Phenibut every 24 hrs more like 30+ something hours, now you can see where that creates a problem....

Ok that gives me some hope. That's about where I am at. But I take 5g in morning and 5g at night. Do you know how much Baclofen he took each day? I have never taken before so I don't know what dosage would be most beneficial to me

Ok that gives me some hope. That's about where I am at. But I take 5g in morning and 5g at night. Do you know how much Baclofen he took each day? I have never taken before so I don't know what dosage would be most beneficial to me

I dont know how much baclofen he took. I forgot the baclofen to Phenibut conversation ratio so I don't wanna give you wrong info. But recall people saying 10-20mg of baclofen felt something like 1g?

Unfortunately there isnt a whole lot of info on Phenibut on the net but I highly encourage you to check this link out (see below) It helped me A LOt when I went through withdrawals. I actually read all 50 (?) something pages of that thread. it is the most resourceful webpage regarding Phenibut on the net. Also includes taper plans.

http://forum.mindandmuscle.net/42324-another-phenibut-casualty

Baclofen feels world different for me and has the shitties w/d up there with methadone the w/d symptoms were apperent for months. Everytime i take them know I get sick for a week. I would not switch over to baclofen and stick with pheni. I prefer 50mg baclofen to 4-7 g dose of pheni

Baclofen feels world different for me and has the shitties w/d up there with methadone the w/d symptoms were apperent for months. Everytime i take them know I get sick for a week. I would not switch over to baclofen and stick with pheni. I prefer 50mg baclofen to 4-7 g dose of pheni
Edit- I was felt i had to write this as it helped me immensly kick baclofen. I took gabapentin for 2 weeks. I stopped taking all gabba b agonists and take gabapentin start with like 300 mg every couple hours then taper off by the end. Now everyones different it worked great for everyone that i told about using thos method.

Your brain is still doing what it wants. Even when you told your brain what to do it's still not listening! It went back to delivering tons of action potential WHILE you were still using phenibut! Your brain is saying "fuck what YOU want, I do what I want!"

Cut the opioids and cut the phenibut, let your brain short circuit himself like a dumbass. That will be punishment enough for not listening to you. It's the only way it's going to learn.

Edit- I was felt i had to write this as it helped me immensly kick baclofen. I took gabapentin for 2 weeks. I stopped taking all gabba b agonists and take gabapentin start with like 300 mg every couple hours then taper off by the end. Now everyones different it worked great for everyone that i told about using thos method.

Did you use Baclofen every day? and for how long did you use it for?