• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

I have a design for a water pipe. It will be very popular once made.

Lucy25

Greenlighter
Hello.
I live on the East Coast. I designed a water pipe (bong) that will be as popular as Rubic's cube if made and sold.

I would like an American manufacturer to make it. I would also like to donate some profits that it generates to MDMA research (MAPS / zendo).
I would like to encourage American consumers to support legalization campaign and not to buy this product from China. (Where laborers are not treated well and where laws are very strict)

I am looking for a reference to some relatively large glass blowing factory that specializes in making bongs. As I understand, they are all located in California.

This idea is so easy to steal that I would like to file Non-Disclosure Agreement and a Non-Competition Agreement before I send out plans.
I want to use the power of my design to bring awareness to drug war victims, legalization, MDMA and PTSD research. (I have PTSD)

THANK YOU!!!

Salutations Lucy25,

...a water pipe (bong) that will be as popular as Rubic's cube...

Sorry but i'm afraid there are pre-existing exclusions (e.g. guys like me), so considering you've mentioned being an industrial designer in your presentation post then i suppose it may be appropriate to point a finger at the release/transport agent, as i coined it myself...

You see, electric-dry machines just ain't equivalent to what i'm using today which depends on the presence of super-heated steam (and carbonic gas) generated through the clean burning of butane... Ultimately that source of moisture should be replaced by distilled water alone to meet purist expectations, which is the goal of a concept i've called "LavaWand" - or just "Plan-A" in contrast to my present "Plan-B" solution.

So... If there were going to be a "Plan-A" for me it would have to include water right from the start instead of using it as a post-vaporisation accessory: i need that water to do its magic directly inside the core of my pipe's (VG) Sphere! Because hot dry air alone is NOT even synonymous of what i already get at he moment.

I would like an American manufacturer to make it.

My concept is based on a patent about which i've informed the manufacturer he should include Induction Heat (Bi-Energy support!) in future revision(s) of his own existing line of products, yet 3 years later i still don't think that's a welcomed scenario despite lots of efforts trying to justify such opinion... Briefly put, good luck seducing a manufacturer with a brand-new (hypothetical) item with little preliminary information available and which you seem prepared to sell for a price, if i understood correctly.

I want to use the power of my design to bring awareness to drug war victims, legalization, MDMA and PTSD research.

M'well, i once tried to put similar motivations forward: namely to promote improved self-awareness (of the consumption profile) via a visual hint as there may be a situation of "abuse" going on when water vapour starts to condense inside a clear tube, for example; plus "packetized" energy injection (made possible/practical via IH technology), meant to limit the risk of experiencing marginal "pepper" and/or dab-like "punch-in-the-face" effects as a result of poorly controlled pre-heating... Etc., etc.

%)

Maybe that bong will need some special feature to seduce industrial$, like to add aroma-taste from an auxiliary source to supplement faint herbs, i simply wonder.

Lets hope the adventure you have in mind will come with a fair reward at the conclusion nonetheless. Possibly even earlier... Too bad we can't all adapt our physical bodies to electric-dry solutions; i mean what's bad for some is a blessing to others, enjoy while it lasts.

Good day, have fun!! =D

I would like several of my designs to be tied to legalization movement. I would like to donate most of the profits that they generate (out of my share) to this cause and relate my product to the cause.
Similar to blue light bulbs for autism awareness.

Hi again Lucy25,

I would like several of my designs to be tied to legalization movement.

In that case i hope in your own interest that you're not a Canuck citizen on planet Itnoc (In The Name Of Children), 'cause in Canada i wouldn't bet on Trudeau's "legaleezation" the way so many voters have, apparently.

E. G. Don't fall for it! It's a mirage perpetuated by traditional media and more... :|

Otherwise, if you happen to live under a regime with some accountable adult attitude towards cannabis then go ahead, have your treat - if it can be catched!... And please tell us where this pro-cannabic planet resides!! Which i figure would be somewhere high in the sky, possibly beyond stars above Trudeau's realm, i would imagine...

Good day, have fun!! =D

How exactly do you want your bong tied to the legalization movement?

Most bong making factories are not necessarily in California, there's actually a few in PA/NJ too. It really depends on how complicated your design is and what kind of specs you're looking for...

I know ZoB has a big factory in the LA area that takes commissioned wholesale work though.

This is such a pothead thread: "Dude, I'm totally like......no, dude, wait......I'm totally like making.....uhhh, a bong, and my bong is going to be like......uhhh, the best bong, so like.....dude, wait......it's going to be awesome, and everyone will want one.....so that's my idea........anyway dude, please don't steal my bong idea now"

I'm just kidding around. Thread just made me smile. Good luck with the ideas :)

This is such a pothead thread: "Dude, I'm totally like......no, dude, wait......I'm totally like making.....uhhh, a bong, and my bong is going to be like......uhhh, the best bong, so like.....dude, wait......it's going to be awesome, and everyone will want one.....so that's my idea........anyway dude, please don't steal my bong idea now"

I'm just kidding around. Thread just made me smile. Good luck with the ideas :)

I literally LOL'd :D

I'll tell you what I want for a water pipe :)

1) stemless
2) ground glass joints
3) High diffusion and percolation
4) low drag
5) splash guard nice, but not necessary
6) ice pinch nice, but not necessary
7) 16 inches tall maximum

I'm a very big fan of pHX honeycomb percs, and I'm rather fond of inline ashcatchers.

Above all, the piece has to be steady and NOT top heavy.

Tom

This idea is more about mixing two very cool concepts than practicality.

I want to donate all the money that would otherwise be paid to me to the "legalization movement".
Maybe to MAPS/Zendo. I am to poor to lift this project off the ground myself.

Back when I smoked weed I used an electric vaporizer.
My design idea can be built into that as well, but that would require more money to develop into a product.

I would be fine with making it out of plastic at this point.
Do you know any phone numbers that I can call and any business owners I can speak to?

Have you thought about crowdfunding? I mean, the bong itself isn't illegal to make or anything, so while some people might be skittish I'd imagine there could be interest from many. You'd probably have to have some kind of "introduction" kind of video though with some basic drawings and explanations and all that.

I don't know a lot about it, but I've heard a lot about people doing it for video games and movies, why not for a new bong idea?

EDIT: I just reread your original post which I had forgotten because I was high at the time, shockingly. If you're really concerned about not giving out the idea, I suppose crowdfunding wouldn't be the way to go, unless you can get people to trust that you do in fact have a good idea without telling them what it is. Wouldn't be easy, but could possibly be done I suppose.

Do you know any phone numbers that I can call and any business owners I can speak to?

I feel like you're not serious. Just saying it.

If you were actually reading/considering what's being posted, you could have found a phone number in 10 seconds (like I just did). Read my last post again and utilize a resource called "Google." Hint: the number starts (843) 712

Make sure you get a patent for your designs. The Chinese will just steal them or copy them and sell the bong or vape for a cheaper price with shoddy materials, and made with slave labour. :\

Make sure you get a patent for your designs. The Chinese will just steal them or copy them and sell the bong or vape for a cheaper price with shoddy materials, and made with slave labour. :\

A patent just makes it easier for them to steal designs, but no one patents their bongs anyway I don't think. I could show you SO many ripped-off designs on DH Gate or iOffer it's ridiculous. Everything from low-end Hitman glass (some say Made in China anyway...) to high end Motherships. Yesterday on IG I even saw someone post a pic of a Chinese rip-off Coyle Condenser bear ($3-4000 piece of art).

A patent just makes it easier for them to steal designs, but no one patents their bongs anyway I don't think. I could show you SO many ripped-off designs on DH Gate or iOffer it's ridiculous. Everything from low-end Hitman glass (some say Made in China anyway...) to high end Motherships. Yesterday on IG I even saw someone post a pic of a Chinese rip-off Coyle Condenser bear ($3-4000 piece of art).

I already googled some companies and called and emailed them. I ran into gate-keepers, as expected. Those people are not interested in designs. They are paid to keep people from disturbing the boss.
I am looking for interested people here on the forum. For obvious reasons I cannot post the designs. They will be picked up by someone instantly.

My approach to keeping Chinese from staling the idea is to offer it for fund-raising. Then people will buy my product with a silk-screened design to support the campaign.
Similar to how blue light bulbs are sold for autism awareness.

Because I don't want to capitalize the idea, I am looking for support here on the forum.
The power of my idea is that a cult product will help raise money for political change.

Googling companies and calling their numbers doesn't work.
It seems like bong makers that I could get in touch with are too stoned to sign a NDA-NCA so I could send them plans for consideration.

I would like to make my piece out of plastic, I decided. But I want it to be done in the US, has logos of organizations and for my share of the profit to go to those organizations.

Patents make it easier to protect your design, and product.

But the US Patent office will not give you a patent or a trademark for something that is illegal drug paraphenalia.

Even smoke diffusing patents are difficult--though I think that's because most stoners don't know what "original" actually means.

Case in point--Dave Goldstein's "Rooster Apparatus" bongs which feature a glass screen diffuser he tried to patent. It was not approved--and his was actually reasonable close to patentable imo.

Yes. No patent. Patent is expensive. I cannot afford patent.

I just wanted to make an intellectual gift to MAPS/zendo.