• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

I had an adderall addiction and my head is fucked up.

flamin_hot_pedo

Greenlighter
The good news is that I have sort of traded good health for more ambition and concentration on my goals. I'm getting more done and involved in the arts...and...I won't be specific there. Anyway...here is my story.

At the worst of it I would do like 150mg of Adderall and jerk off for hours...like 15 hours. Just stroking and stroking constantly firing those same neurons in my head....and did it 3 days in a row. I only did that for a couple monthly prescriptions. That was basically all of it. Before I was doing it more mildly but still noticing problems. Involuntary breath spasms would happen. I have sort of developed a very very mild case of Parkinsonism. By that I mean symptoms (that have not exacerbated at all). I quit over 3 years ago. But I will still get spasms. in my hand...or leg...or feet. Anywhere...maybe once a day there will be one mild spasm that someone else could notice. This tends to be more probable if I am dozing off. Also, I snort in my sleep now sometimes. I believe this happened more after I quit smoking.

Here is the interesting thing. I had a life changing heroic dose mushroom trip about a year and a half ago and quit smoking as a result of it. It was sort of a delayed effect but eventually I quit. My mood changed for the better over time for about 4 months. Overall things were good. Then something happened. It's like the stress pathways in my head are sort of more pronounced. And sometimes they go away and sometimes they're there and I can't do anything about them. And I'm just living with this. I can work and do well in school and workout and all that. Everything is fine. Just this. I am wondering if there is perhaps an irony where quitting smoking could have led to the snorting in my sleep as well as this weird rewiring in my brain.

Maybe such a rapid transformation resulting in more oxygen in my blood (and thus in my head) is how this happened. I also can just get these weird prickly sort of feelings in random spots in my head...(or jaw), etc. It just feels like my brain is trying to fire but the cells are damaged. I am going to trip again soon. I hope it helps. All I know is psilocybin can help reestablish and create new wirings. Perhaps my memories of past intentions and the instinct of how my head should work will allow the most useful and wanted pathways to remain after the synaptic connections have been strengthened after the trip. We will see. I am probably going to do another heroic dose. This could be bad...or good. I just don't think a doctor can really help me...or man made medicine. My problem is so odd and specific. I don't want to fuck it up. I trust mushrooms more.

Sounds like you’ve diagnosed yourself and made up your mind about the right treatment. Although there is mounting evidence that psychedelic medicine can help treat addiction it’s definitely not a cure-all for stimulant addictions. Search for threads by @mr peabody if you are interested in seeing lots of research in this area.

One of the lingering side effects from stim abuse is sleep disturbances and insomnia. Your ‘snorting’ could be a form of sleep apnea - which is a potentially dangerous condition which you can get checked out without needing to mention drug use.

It is possible that a couple of months of 150 mg a day Adderall could give you the ‘Parkinson’-like symptoms you have described but it is equally likely that you could have an entirely non-drug related neurological condition. Including Parkinson’s. I’m no expert on this, but I think a neurologist could probably rule out organic brain disease without knowing you abused stimulants. If he can see organic brain disease then early treatment gives you a pretty good prognosis.

If it was me, I’d see a professional to rule-out non-drug related conditions before trying to reset my brain with heroic doses of psychedelics. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE taking heroic doses of psychedelics myself but it’s relatively rare for people to get to kind of symptoms you are describing from 3 days of 150 mg Adderall for few months only.

Sounds like you’ve diagnosed yourself and made up your mind about the right treatment. Although there is mounting evidence that psychedelic medicine can help treat addiction it’s definitely not a cure-all for stimulant addictions. Search for threads by @mr peabody if you are interested in seeing lots of research in this area.

One of the lingering side effects from stim abuse is sleep disturbances and insomnia. Your ‘snorting’ could be a form of sleep apnea - which is a potentially dangerous condition which you can get checked out without needing to mention drug use.

It is possible that a couple of months of 150 mg a day Adderall could give you the ‘Parkinson’-like symptoms you have described but it is equally likely that you could have an entirely non-drug related neurological condition. Including Parkinson’s. I’m no expert on this, but I think a neurologist could probably rule out organic brain disease without knowing you abused stimulants. If he can see organic brain disease then early treatment gives you a pretty good prognosis.

If it was me, I’d see a professional to rule-out non-drug related conditions before trying to reset my brain with heroic doses of psychedelics. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE taking heroic doses of psychedelics myself but it’s relatively rare for people to get to kind of symptoms you are describing from 3 days of 150 mg Adderall for few months only.
I love taking HUGE doses of DMT. I’ve met and had sexual relations with an alien. It’s fucking crazy.

I love taking HUGE doses of DMT. I’ve met and had sexual relations with an alien. It’s fucking crazy.
I’ve never tried DMT. But I’m interested in it because it is way more short acting than LSD. Who has time for 14 hours of total fucked-upness these days?

Right?!? The shits amazing. The key is you have to take another when you’re like I can’t to reach the extreme realm. It’s totally worth it!!!

I have had some struggles and would love to take a mushroom trip as it's been probably 15 years since I've done that. That being said, I have no idea where to acquire mushrooms. Do I just need to hope to stumble across them in conversation or is there something that I could do on my end to facilitate finding them? I am not trying to hijack your thread, I apologize, I just know they could help me. When I did them one time and was very addicted to percocets I was controlled by them and almost threw out my whole stash and although I didn't I had a strong urge to get better and stop taking pharmaceuticals.

I've tried DMT and it was hard to get that last hit in. I had like a breakthrough experience but I don't think it was as great as what other people make it sound like. I need to try it another way...some way where I can have minimal focus and just inhale without having to hold up the pipe.

Last edited:
Also good news. Coincidentally after 3 years I seem to have had a signifcant change in how my head feels. It's been 2 days and like none of the stress is getting to me. That's abnormal considering the last year. I think it might be due to working out. I started lifitng and eating a lot better.