• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I fucked up, have work in 2 1/2 hours

strangefruitp

Greenlighter
I did some adderall and have work in 2 1/2 hours. I didn't realize I worked in 2 1/2 hours, I have 15mgs of adderall left. What can I do to make it through this day.. Should I snort it or take it for work?

We don't typically field this sort of thing in Basic Drug Discussion, that is, issues that are primarily concerned with subjective experience. I really doubt that there's anything overtly dangerous involved with you using more Amphetamines is you're in your youth and in relatively good shape without heart issues. How much Amphetamine did you use over the course of the evening?

Get back to me quickly and I'll try to give you some pointers to get you ready for work. You do still have some speed. Not all is lost.

as long as you aren't baiting yourself out and can keep it on the low, you'll be fine.
what kind of job is it? can you just hide behind a desk all day or do you gotta work with kids or something?

It depends on what your job entails, man. But for me, I would slow sip like a liter of coffee throughout my work shift and wait until the time was right to orally take the 15mg addy (during work).

I did some adderall and have work in 2 1/2 hours. I didn't realize I worked in 2 1/2 hours, I have 15mgs of adderall left. What can I do to make it through this day.. Should I snort it or take it for work?

How much amp are you taking to be having this issue?
I'm not trying to take the piss, but it really sounds like a personal problem unless you're taking astronomical doses on a daily basis.

We're not talking about cocaine or meth. We're presumably talking pure pharmaceutical amphetamine salts. Which means there's a few caveats

1. Controlled substance
2. Limited access with no early refills
3. No adulterants, so you're strictly withdrawing from the amphetamine, which acts by modulating glutamate and increasing dopamine levels.
4. Withdrawals take 10-30 hours to set in.
5. Dopamine receptors take 72-168 hours to 'normalize' via homeostasis. Glutamate is counter-balanced by GABA, so as long as you're not an alcoholic or benzo addict, the glutamate modulation won't cause anything beyond anxiety.
6. If you're abusing the drug (by most international physicians associations definitions, basically any use other than exactly as directed) in any way, then you're regularly going without it because you're taking more than prescribed.
7. If you're regularly going without it, which by all counts you should be, then you not only know what to expect but are partially accustomed to the withdrawals.

Given the above, I don't really see what your problem is. You didn't fuck up. You're afraid that you did. And you'll be fine.
The greatest trick that amphetamines play is convincing you that you need them to function.

ETA: Of course, this is all based on you being a typically decent Human. I realize that may be a stretch in these parts.

Last edited:
I just got health insurance again (Due to my job), and I am finally getting my scrip for addy next wednesday for such a low cost, I would feel guilty saying it =D
I am about to increase my productivity to a whole new level. I am excited to get into the mentality of research and learning!
All aboard the addy train! First stop, Day trading/swing trading research!

When I was a corporate shill I had an epiphany and stopped drinking coffee. Then I started observing my coworkers. I found that stimulant-induced productivity is an illusion. Coffee'd-out folks would stop by and jabber something, forget where they were going, backtrack, knock stuff over. They'd forget to email and then double-send. But golly they felt like they were flying.

Now that I do meth daily, I get even less done, and it takes three times as long to not do it. I'm not saying don't do stims, just don't expect productivity. Unless you need to line up matchsticks for work or something. Or if someone could pay me to spam internet threads and jerk off for eight straight hours, I'd be set.

hahaha Right? I've been like that on high doses sometimes, but on lower doses I become extremely productive. Like 20-30mg. but if you think about it, isn't it all just an illusion...

Nah, you can't do that to me now, I've got only a few rails left before resupply--slowly winding down, I am delusion-free. Hallucinating some major noises from sleep loss, but otherwise totally lucid. I really am posting somewhere people log in and read, actual human beings, not bots or some AI or Russian con artists waiting to extort my last twenty bucks.

I know this, cause I stalk the mods' tinychats. The ostrich is the one in charge.

Oh hi! I'm resupplied amply.

What part confused? You yourself mentioned the illusions, I'm merely staying on your topic.