• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I found a combination of drugs which creates the most potent antidepressive/clean-stimulative effect i ever experienced in my life

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Just some background context, i was depressed since early 2020, and tried to use high-dose stimulants and SSRIs in order to just be able to feel normal.

But the problem is that it was not sustainable, and created too many side-effects, specially the comedown was, for lack of better words, brutal and cocaine-like.
Although this combination while i had enough doses, was very similar to amphetamines.

Anyway, back when i was experience an atypical depression in late 2019 (increase appetite, hypersomnia, lack of motivation). I've read studies that selegiline at doses of 5mg per day created a very potent remission of depression. So i tried 5mg of Selegiline (MAO-B inhibitor) + 100mg Zoloft. And it did help tremendously, my sleep was restored, and my appetite was normalized in a matter of days, although motivation was clearly not helped.

In the next 1 year like i said i was using stimulants with SSRIs to deal with lack of motivation, it simplpy didnt created a therapeutic effects, while the drugs were in my system i could function, as soon as it cleared from my blood, i was worst than before. It simply was not sustainable.

I didnt want to go for TCAs just yet, and MAOs-Inh, i decided to try every SSRI that was in the market in combination with atypical antipsychotics which paradoxicaly can boost the therapeteutic effect of SSRI. I tried Fluoxetine, Zoloft, tried to get Paroxetine (the most pure SSRI) but the retarded doctor didnt prescribe me. Eventually the retarded doctor decided to prescribe me fluvoxamine instead. Now i knew this drug has the most inhibitory P450 family of enzymes. So I didnt want this drug, but later i found out I could use this to my advantage and increase serum concentrations of almost every drug taken with it.

So i've read that selegiline at dosages in the order of 25/30mg lose MAO-B specificy and start to inhibit MAO-A as well. So tried a few times to take 25mg but it seemed to not work. Until one day i decided to go for 50mg and it was incredible, all MAOs were inhibited, i could feel it, its a difference like day and night. And because its a irreversible inhibitor, meaning that the brain needs to turnover the enzmys in order to lose the effect, i hypothezied that you only need to take 50mg once per week (it takes 2 weeks to turnover MAOs). I was wrong tho and I started to experience the effect going away after 2 to 3 days. But I figured out that i dont need to take another 50mg, as selegiline inhibits its own metabolism, so i used 40mg after 2 days, and restored the effect, but the stimulation was too high although as im going to tell you, it was nothing compared to what will happen next.
So long story short, i realized that if i took 15mg/25mg every day, after the boost with 50mg, it was enough to keep the stimulation.

So things started to come together, using fluvoxamine, high-dose selegiline, + one of the best antipsychotics i ever took to be able to seep (ziprasidone, try it), things were going really nice. I was able to read papers again, i was motivated, social, great mood, everything was great.

Now this is already great, but i've read that buspirone can have a anxiolytic effect, and i decided that I wanted to try it in order to avoid Ziprasidone (antipsychotic) during the day, which would make me sleepy, and it was too strong to take during the day (it killed the selegiline effects too much).
I've read that fluvoxamine increases plasma levels of buspirone 4-fold. Buspirone is a very interesting drug, i still havent figured it out how it really works, the science on it is very contradictory, so after this point, it was me trying just to create a calming effect without ziprasidone.

So i took 10mg of Buspirone, and i could have never predicted what happen next, i got the most clean stimulative effect i ever experience in the realm of therapeutic potential. This was so clean, i can't explain correctly. It was a stimulative effect without agitation, anxiety, comedown, and it just gets better everyday, it has therapeutic effect, its sustainable, its amazing.

So I just wanted to share this, because i've tried a lot of stimulants in my life and i they have a problem that they lack long-term therapeutic effect and create agitation/anxiety, (ie. once you stop taking it you are worst than before). I am in hypomania right now with the most calming clean stimulative effect i ever experienced, and i just want to share this with you people, so you can try it on your own.

If you want the reseach papers about everything i said, i can provide it to you. Thanks for reading.

Taking bromazepam 6mg creates even a cleaner effect.
Decreased turnover of noradrenaline and dopamine and serotonin, increased activity of tyrosine hydroxylase and increased levels of the catecholamines. While having a calming effect.

I take 30mg x2 of Buspar. I dont feel any kind of high or euphoria. Never tried snorting though.

good to know Buspar helps somebody. I found it to be dirty and unhelpful for anxiety. I always thought it's what they handed out when they were convinced you were benzo seeking.

good to know Buspar helps somebody. I found it to be dirty and unhelpful for anxiety. I always thought it's what they handed out when they were convinced you were benzo seeking.
I had to take about 3 to4 x Buspar then dose called for and it numbed me to sleep an extra hour or 2

Dude, you're lucky to be still alive. Selegiline at 10mg and higher loses its specificity for MAO-B and at 50mg you'll have a good probability of full inhibition. Means that eating some tofu can give you hypertensive crisis (google MAOI diet - even when it's probably overhyped) but adding a potent SSRI sounds to be like inverse Russian roulette against serotonin syndrome. When the SERT and MAOA are inhibited, your brain gets flooded with serotonin, causing nice hyperthermia, seizures, among others.

That said, I do believe you that this combo, when tolerated, must be fun. I'm experienced with 4,4'-dimethylamimorex, a compound which is both a SNDRA and MAOI (though I'd guess a reversible one) which wasn't known back then, and it was one of the rare best drugs I've ever taken, there was next to no rebound or serotonin depletion like with other releasers. But remember, this compound costed many lives who either re-dosed or combined.

Did you experience any aggression or impulse control issues with lower doses of selegiline? I did, at just 5mg, which made me to stay away from further experiments but interested in how different higher doses are..