• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

I finally did it!

addictedmommie

Greenlighter
Hello! I've only posted one other time and that was in 2015 , I was supposed to start suboxone but never went to initial appointment. Even with all the encouragement from here, day I got paid, instead of going to appointment,I went to see my dealer smh I wasn't ready to get clean but im happy to say I went to inpatient detox for week and now im home and working with great outreach center so I've got two weeks clean now!!! Best part is, I got paid yesterday,spent my check on my kids, household things and gave close family member remainder to hold! Just looking for online community to get ongoing to support and hopefully give some hope and support!

Little about me, 31 year old single mom of three, 7 year user of pretty much any kind of opiate pain meds I could get but DOC was OXy, using about 150 mg daily. Currently on Suboxone 8mg twice daily

Welcome! And huge congratulations on the progress you've made. I'm really glad to hear you got connected with some good treatment. please keep us posted.

Congrats!now its time to build a positive support group,people you can talk with if you are having one of those days.

Why don't you look for some NA meetings in your area?
:)

Hey guys, meeting was GREAT! Changed my way of thinking just by listening to one of the participants story. Let me share with you guys. So long story short, he was talking about how guilty he felt because of all the stealing he did from friends and family, so im sitting there, and the 8( part of my addict brain is basically telling myself that im better because atleast i never stole to feed my addiction, I worked two full time jobs and payed with my own money. SMH, SO STUPID OF ME to even think that. What I stole was more valuable than money, I stole time from my kids because if I wasnt on drugs I would of been able to work one job, pay my bills, take care of my kids and live comfortable. I also robbed my kids of having many things they could of had if I wasnt wasting all my money on pills!!! SMh and technically I DID steal from my family, when you take a loan, dont pay it back wellll LOL THATS STEALING pretty much! Not to mention that I robbed myself of credit, basic needs etc. Sorry to go on and on but it just was a very humbling experience and very helpful to my mental healing from addiction...cant wait until next meeting!!!
Good Luck everyone!:)