• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc I-Doser. A fucking awesome way to get high. Best part? Its sound. So its UNTRACEABLE!

Ugh, pseudoscience/spam, eh?

I don't think it's spam.

I always wanted to try this shit but then they took it off Youtube because "the CHILDREN were in danger!!".

I'm gonna try some of these and see how they feel.

I'm a big believer in music euphoria. Before I got into drugs, music was my only escape, and it worked pretty damn well. Plus, isn't music therapy proven to be effective? I certainly think there could be something to this.

lol. Of all the so-called "legal highs", sound-based ones have got to be the most absurd

lol. Of all the so-called "legal highs", sound-based ones have got to be the most absurd

Absurd maybe, but couldn't it be possible??

I don't know about these, but I have some brain technology called the Photosonix Nova-Pro that has goggles with flashing lights and synchronized binaural beats and it most DEFINITELY puts you in some pretty deep altered states of consciousness.

Brain technology is an entire field full of machines that can do that kind of thing and a lot of it is similar or nearly identical to biofeedback and neurofeedback which are recognized as legit fields.

Try reading the book "Into the Void" about a guy who combined all sorts of brain tech with drugs like Ketamine, Shrooms and Acid and had amazing experiences.

To tell the truth, I'm surprised at this point that BL doesn't have a section devoted to Brain Tech but I guess there would be no harm reduction aspect there so it would be pointless.

Well yeah, if you take a bunch of ketamine, mushrooms and acid I'd expect you to have amazing experiences.

Well yeah, if you take a bunch of ketamine, mushrooms and acid I'd expect you to have amazing experiences.

Yeah but he talks about them being enhanced by the brain tech.

But aside from his experiences me personally, I have gotten some benefit from my Photo Sonix Nova-Pro and it DEFINITELY produces altered states.

Music and sound has long been a form of consciousness alteration utilized by different cultures which can have drug-like effects even when sober.

I like music too. Music makes me feel good...when I'm high on drugs it's especially good. But that's not a "legal high"...if it's a "legal high" than food is also a "legal high", because I become happy when I eat bacon. When I eat bacon I feel better than I previously felt. But the effects of food or music or sound or whatever is in no way comparable to even getting mildly stoned, in my opinion. Never mind something like LSD or meth.

I like music too. Music makes me feel good...when I'm high on drugs it's especially good. But that's not a "legal high"...if it's a "legal high" than food is also a "legal high", because I become happy when I eat bacon. When I eat bacon I feel better than I previously felt. But the effects of food or music or sound or whatever is in no way comparable to even getting mildly stoned, in my opinion. Never mind something like LSD or meth.

Well, I personally wouldn't refer to it as a "legal high" either BUT I wouldn't compare it to how it feels good to eat food either.

I don't have evidence to back it up, but I think certain drugs effect brain waves in certain ways and I think that there are other ways to effect those same brain waves.

Lets put it this way:

Do you consider hypnosis, meditation, lucid dreaming and isolation tanks to also produce "altered states of consciousness"??

I do.

They aren't the same as drugs, but they produce distinctly different states from normal waking states.

Food does NOT do that.

So from what I've read and the VERY little I've experienced brain technology and binaural beats and things like that are similar to hypnosis and meditation.

Comparing them to enjoying eating bacon is not an apt comparison, but neither is comparing them to getting high on drugs.

Listening to music on a good sound system is hands down my favorite thing to do while high, which substance I'm high on doesn't even matter. There's definitely something to it. I find it very meditative, being able to let go of whatever life problems you have and immerse yourself in good music.

Mycophile- I agree 100%. It may not be a high per se, but it absolutely can be an altered state of consciousness, and an extremely pleasant one at that. Especially if you deprive your other senses. I can definitely feel something rushing down my spine when that right note hits, whether it's endorphins or dopamine or whatever. I mean any music I enjoy, it doesn't have to be anything specific, though I always tend to prefer songs with a flowing "druggy" feel to them, like Glass Animals for example. Jazz will do it too. Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald, some of my absolute favorites.

Yeah music is one hell of a "drug".

Although I think that some of these forms of brain technology and binaural beats may alter your consciousness even more profoundly than just plain music but I don't have evidence to back it up.

Like I said, I have this thing called the Photo-Sonix Nova Pro which is goggles with headphones and it has all these different settings to produce different experiences with different names.

Everything from "Zen Experience" to "Roller Coster" to "Coffee break" etc.

It's got settings which are supposed to wake you up, settings which are supposed to help you fall asleep, or produce a meditative state or just be fun etc.

I've definitely felt it help me wake up when I use the wakeup settings and it's helped me fall asleep when I've used the sleep settings.

It's like you put these really high tech looking goggles on and you close your eyes and then there are these flashing lights that flash over your eye lids producing all these trippy patterns and colors a lot like what you'd see with closed eye visuals from shrooms or Salvia or whatever and the lights and colors are PERFECTLY synchronized with the beats coming out of the headphones to produce some pretty intense experiences.

It's very hard to describe if you've never used it.

Basically, imagine you were listening to music but at the same time you had a light show going on which was PERFECTLY in harmony with the music while you had on sound canceling headphones and darkness other than the visuals.

It's very unique.

I learned about it from this old hippy Hypnotist I went to see in Woodstock, NY years ago.

The guy also gave me a cool experience from what is called a "Tibetan Bowl Ritual":

I lay on the ground and he put all these different size metal bowls on me and all around me, on my chest and near my head and all around my body.

Then he hit the different bowls with a little gong in different sequences and I not only heard the different sounds of the bowls but actually FELT the vibrations going through my body.

It TOTALLY chilled me out and I'd also say it produced an "altered state of consciousness".

I'd have LOVED to have done it while under the influence of Shrooms or some psychedelic.

He also tried to hypnotize me but it didn't work that well but I want to try to get hypnotized again sometime or learn auto-hypnosis.

But what I REALLY want to try is using an isolation tank.

Those things are supposed to produce VERY intense experiences.

Last edited: