• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin I did something really stupid and injected heroin yesterday..

Ganjcat

Bluelighter
It was defo next level but the dose wasn't high enough I think it didn't last as long as smoking either I don't intend to do it again and don't think I enjoyed it enough to do so I just don't give a fuck anymore you know don't seem like I'm ever gonna get a job or get out of this shithole and my judgment temporarily lapsed and I did it I think half of me wanted to die tbh

Addiction is certainly "real" enough (for my liking), but we do still have possess our reason and our freedom of will even while using drugs. Nothing can compel you to ever inject again if you are able to get your mental processes, conscious and unconscious, aligned in that direction.

I think for most us, the rush is better to a degree, but the real draw of injecting is saving drugs/money. It's hard to go back to wasting 50% of your precious brown gold after you've figured out a surefire way to get everything out of it.

But for most of us, again, the size of the habit tends to track the size of the purse, making the savings from a switch pretty short-lived. In the long run, the idea of getting a better value is illusory, while the harms of injecting are very real.

Yah it's definitely best for your health to not get a needle habit. ( Of course this is me going 'do as I say, not as I do' because for me nothing beats that IV rush.)

But as the above poster rightly pointed out, we still have our reason and free will.
You sound as if you simply got reckless out of despair.

It might be good actually because I've always had a kind of desire to iv at least once because I've been exposed to it on so many films and other media and other users but it wasn't even that good and I have no desire to go back infact I've been meaning to go back On meth but I kept getting money the last few days and I find it hard to resist buying especially when I can get 0.4 for a tenner but I once again have smoked my last bit and now it's gone I can just get on with it, if I know I have some I just find it hard to think about anything other than using all my thoughts come back to using even if I go out for a few hours all I will be thinking about is using this makes saving brown difficult because all I do is smoke it until I nod out and repeat until it's gone but once it has all gone I don't r really think about it and I don't have to worry about getting had wd because I'm on methadone I got my dose halved a few weeks ago so it don't hold me as well as it used to but it still stops me getting sick but if I stick to it my tolerance will adjust and I plan to keep going down after that and getting my happiness back long term.

Hey man, have you considered subutex instead of going back on methadone? I really wish I stayed on subbies when I had the chance but they were making me ill. Instead of lowering the dose I switched to the liquid handcuffs :(

Hey man, have you considered subutex instead of going back on methadone? I really wish I stayed on subbies when I had the chance but they were making me ill. Instead of lowering the dose I switched to the liquid handcuffs :(
I have but it will just be way to much hassle starting a new drug I have no experience with I'm doing good for a bit so far anyway I didn't have any gear yesterday not because I couldn't get some but because I didn't want it I came close to picking up the phone and making that call but never did today however(well yesterday now) a friend wanted me to get them some and I agreed of course I couldn't really not agree because they can't get anything and they don't have .methadone or anything AND they have helped me out A LOT when I was on my arse anyway I ended up with half an egg (not including their full egg) and at first only had a tiny few lines and now I'm sitting here with nothing because I went straight through that half egg it's funny actually cus when you first get it and you got a massive bag you think it will last forever but then the nod where's off and I over do it with the cigarettes and weed and over power the heroin so need to have more and usually this repeats until I run out I should note though I have a full egg here that I have not touched because it's my mates and I have no desire to do that and fuck them over especially when they basically paid for both of us but a year ago or even 6 months ago I wouldn't of thought twice about breaking into their bit telling myself "just this once" and we all know those are the smackheads famous last words and then I would be telling them some bulshit and making out I've been hard done to and feeling like shit for doing that to my mate but that's what I was like I used to screw everyone over even the dealers but anyway I am old enough now to know certain things won't end well like if I even entertained for a second having a tiny bit of my mates thing which I could do I know it will 99.99% of the time would end up being a lot more than a tiny bit and then I've screwed over one of the few people who has given me another chance and seen the good in me I don't know if this is because of my life experiences and personal convictions of just what happens when your half way through your twenties.. I think the first one not the latter though because frankly I know a lot (and I mean a lot) of older people some of them over 60 who are still going at it like their still 18 or something and these bagheads wouldn't think twice about clipping their mates stuff they would probably tell themselves like I would it will only be a little bit but most probably realise it will end up being a lot more but they just don't give a shit because they are dirty Bagheads.

..Btw off topic but speaking of bagheads mind you no one deserves what happened to him only nonces deserve this but anyway this 37 + year old midget who literally has absesses pjrple, black spots and I don't even know how to describe COVERING ALL his body from injecting and tbf for someone in that situation he's actually an alright guy I used to link half eggs through him and he never clipped me or messed me about I paid an extra 20 quid but now I have the link myself but anyway back on topic so this guy the other week not long after my dad died, his mum died of cancer which I'm not surprised because she had like 4 or 5 of those fucking monster energy drinks and anyway he must of gone on a crazy one of something after she passed because I just found out on top of losing his mum he had to go hospital and have both.. Yes both his legs amputated I haven't seen him in ages and don't really want to because of how sad I will feel I heart it off my dealer fucking hell.. Both his legs.. Like one ain't enough and just after losing his mum.. And I thought I've had it rough he hangs/hanged around with the scum of the earth of Leicester and obviously has done a lot of shit but no one fucking deserves that especially after losing their mum as if to rub it in for him I stopped having much to do with him once I didn't need him only if their was a drought on I would check him because obviously I don't like the dirty hygeine and vibe that hard-core intravenous users give off but I'm defo gonna check him in a few months when I got some gear and weed cus he likes weed I will never inject I just know I won't and I can't really stand people who do but this guy has had it fucking rough man and once he did help me out a lot he loaned me like £100 which coming from someone like him who injects daily is like someone lending you ten grand but remember however shit your day is this guys day is a lot shitter anyone here who is from Leicester and has been on the streets in fields copping might know who I mean I'm not gonna say his name out of respect but he lives near spinny hill, I also think it might be a warning to me to stay the fuck away from the needle and I will head this warning with all my might.

I'm glad you didn't like it much @Ganjcat

Unfortunately, you've now crossed that line making it much easier to do it again. You'll now have the desire to achieve that legendary rush that everyone bangs on about so you'll need a fuckton of resolve to stay off the needle now.

The first time I ever tried smack it was IV. I didn't get much of a rush from it to be honest - it was nice but it was the effects after the mediocre rush that hooked me to the shit.

But in those days it was very hard to get clean works. They weren't given out like they are these days so I stuck to smoking except for the occasional 'treat' when I got the chance.

So I didn't get into IV use properly until I was balls deep in my addiction - and that was purely for economic reasons. When you first switch to IV, you only need a fraction of the amount that you would normally smoke. But this doesn't last long at all and you soon find yourself using even more.

I always found the best rush from IV heroin to be the immediate relief from withdrawals - and that relief becomes greater the longer you spend digging yourself looking for a viable vein.

Because we have to acidify our gear, your veins won't last long unless you have perfect technique, good hygiene and don't use an excess of acid.

Unfortunately, when you're in the grip of a raging habit, technique, hygiene and not overdoing the acid goes out the window.

Your man obviously lost his legs due to complications from groin (femoral vein) injecting. I don't know anyone that hasn't had complications from this practice - usually DVT and abscesses leading to sepsis, loss of limbs or at best, a permanent limp with nasty scarring.

This is a fact of life with UK gear unfortunately. Take heed and take care, for your own sake. It really isn't worth it.

Last edited:

Unfortunately, you've now crossed that line making it much easier to do it again. You'll now have the desire to achieve that legendary rush that everyone bangs on about so you'll need a fuckton of resolve to stay off the needle now.

The first time I ever tried smack it was IV. I didn't get much of a rush from it to be honest - it was nice but it was the effects after the mediocre rush that hooked me to the shit.

But in those days it was very hard to get clean works. They weren't given out like they are these days so I stuck to smoking except for the occasional 'treat' when I got the chance.

So I didn't get into IV use properly until I was balls deep in my addiction - and that was purely for economic reasons. When you first switch to IV, you only need a fraction of the amount that you would normally smoke. But this doesn't last long at all and you soon find yourself using even more.

I always found the best rush from IV heroin to be the immediate relief from withdrawals - and that relief becomes greater the longer you spend digging yourself looking for a viable vein.

Because we have to acidify our gear, your veins won't last long unless you have perfect technique, good hygiene and don't use an excess of acid.

Unfortunately, when you're in the grip of a raging habit, technique, hygiene and not overdoing the acid goes out the window.

Your man obviously lost his legs due to complications from groin (femoral vein) injecting. I don't know anyone that hasn't had complications from this practice - usually DVT and absecces leading to sepsis, loss of limbs or at best, a permanent limp with nasty scarring.

This is a fact of life with UK gear unfortunately. Take heed and take care, for your own sake. It really isn't worth it.
mate someone I've known for years have had to have their legs amputated.. Trust me I ain't ever touching a needle again

As an aside, I was an habitual user of IV amphetamine for years before getting into the gear. I never had any issues because amphetamine sulphate is water soluble. As soon as you start fucking about with citric it all turns to shit.

Yeah it's fucked up that we need acid to make our stuff injectable, but I think our transatlantic cousins in USA would love to be able to smoke their stuff (other than the black tar stuff they get, which is nasty for injection too apparently).

I think it'd be nice to be able to snort gear and get a decent high the way you can with no.4, and if you wanted to IV it, just throw it into some water and not have to heat. When you look at no.3 brown in a rig vs crystal clear no.4, I know what I'd rather slam!

There's videos on YouTube showing that you really don't need much citric/vit c to dissolve no.3 if you do a quick search on the topic.

snorting is the best. at least you can snort a couple lines not be too fucked up for work and don't get sick before the end of the work day. definitely the most sustainable and i always opted for sustainability when i was using fent and h.

Yeah it's fucked up that we need acid to make our stuff injectable, but I think our transatlantic cousins in USA would love to be able to smoke their stuff (other than the black tar stuff they get, which is nasty for injection too apparently).

I think it'd be nice to be able to snort gear and get a decent high the way you can with no.4, and if you wanted to IV it, just throw it into some water and not have to heat. When you look at no.3 brown in a rig vs crystal clear no.4, I know what I'd rather slam!

There's videos on YouTube showing that you really don't need much citric/vit c to dissolve no.3 if you do a quick search on the topic.
I swear you can sniff no.3 maybe the batches in my City can still effect you if you sniff it for some reason some people I know actually sniff it instead of smoking it I think it's better and lasts longer if you sniff it but I just enjoy smoking it to much smoking brown is really like no other drug experience the high the potent smell when you got good stuff it's all just so addictive

Yeah this is true. Apparently it's a popular way to take brown in jail as well cos foil and lighters can be scarcer that heroin!
I've snorted no.3 and it definitely works. I just assume no.4 works way better.

Yeah this is true. Apparently it's a popular way to take brown in jail as well cos foil and lighters can be scarcer that heroin!
I've snorted no.3 and it definitely works. I just assume no.4 works way better.
I swear I am incapable of telling if snorting brown powder works, if it does then it is very subtle effect
I have not successfuly managed to waterline it after adding citric acid either (due to poor technique) so dont know about that either

But then again even smoking is kind of a subtle effect, I never had the rush people are taking about :'(

Your man obviously lost his legs due to complications from groin (femoral vein) injecting. I don't know anyone that hasn't had complications from this practice - usually DVT and abscesses leading to sepsis, loss of limbs or at best, a permanent limp with nasty scarring.

I know I know and thanks for the advice i am so sick of this shit and all the years I have wasted... I am only a few years away from 30 ffs being cut down from 60mg methadone to 30mg methadone by my bitch of a keyworker hasn't helped either.. The last 3 days I have had to get a tick everyday 40 quid for half an egg each time because I need at least a gram of the strong shit to get off now.. £120 I owe in 3 days which means I once again owe all my money out 4weeks before I even got it that's how high my tolerance is... I would be lying if I said I haven't thought about "temporarily" going to the needle then going back but when I ran out of codeine for a few days over 3 years ago I " temporarily " switched to heroin and I just kept using it it was fucking insane everyday for like 6 months I carried on using I thought it had only been a month but no 6 months had passed but I was that fucked up and I swear instantly addicted to the heroin, well I was already well addicted to opiates by that time anyway but as soon as I learnt how to chase the Dragon I was off to the races the stuff this shit has done to me and my family and mates is insane but not as insane as the fact that even after my dad died from complications from smoking for 20+ years copd etc I still carry on using like a fool I honestly do not know where I'm going now where I'm gonna end up but it ain't a good I was doing so good before he died it was such a shock and still is I thought he had plenty of years left I lost him I lost the security of him giving me heroin everyday because he didn't want me to get in trouble but I haven't lost good old heroin it's a double edged sword as much as I hate it and want with all my inner soul to be off it it's the only thing I have to block out my bereavement and it don't block it out fully either I'm still aware of my loss but it just having gives me something else to focus on but at the same time it's even more upsetting because it was mine and my dad's thing to do together don't get me wrong though he HATED seeing me on it almost as much as he HATED giving it to me but he didn't want me to end up like his friends daughter who had oded I think I killed him by using it and letting him see me get addicted just like he did, he told me when I was a kid that if I ever touched it me and him would be done and when he found out after nearly killing me he didn't talk to me for over a year until one day when I had just been ripped off with some fake shit cus I had to cop off random people who looked like they used cuz none of my guys were about anyway I was about to leave my grandma's to go hostel after begging her for money and he called me back and said "you dropped this" a fat rock in a rizla and it went from their at first it was very sketchy and he always told me it was temporary until he's cut me down and he did right down to nothing but I would just start using again like an idiot he wouldn't talk to me then after a few days he would and after he had seen his dealer I would just "coincidently" be near by and he always gave me something as long as I promised not to do anything stupid or go out late at night when I got paid etc but in the end I realised him doing that was probably one of the most painful things he did he was a very proud person and I think every time I used in front of him it killed him a little bit he never said anything though he wasn't that type of person he would say his piece one day for a few minutes and that's it we just got on with it watch something on YouTube have a smoke and enjoy it I wasn't as close to anyone as I was him

I swear you can sniff no.3 maybe the batches in my City can still effect you if you sniff it for some reason some people I know actually sniff it instead of smoking it I think it's better and lasts longer if you sniff it but I just enjoy smoking it to much smoking brown is really like no other drug experience the high the potent smell when you got good stuff it's all just so addictive

You can snort freebases even though they aren't water soluble, freebases will eventually absorb through mucous membranes (I know this because I used to plug AMT freebase without converting it to an acid... don't do this by the way, it burns and probably is bad for your ass. I also snorted freebase AMT - once - which was a horrible experience but certainly got me high). But it takes longer and generally burns and isn't good for your mucous membranes.

You can snort freebases even though they aren't water soluble, freebases will eventually absorb through mucous membranes (I know this because I used to plug AMT freebase without converting it to an acid... don't do this by the way, it burns and probably is bad for your ass. I also snorted freebase AMT - once - which was a horrible experience but certainly got me high). But it takes longer and generally burns and isn't good for your mucous membranes.
I know I've sniffed it a few times the one we get in the uk idk why people think you can't sniff it you defo can. it actually saves a lot and makes it go further than smoking the trouble is though I'm not just addicted to heroin I'm addicted to the ritual of smoking it of tasting the smoke on the back of my throat it's so nice but so compulsive at the same time which is why i gave up sniffing what I used to do was smoke half of it then save the other half for sniffing but I would always end up smoking the fucker cuz I was addicted to the smoking roa even though I knew I would have to put it all on so it didn't frazzle to quickly meaning it would be all but gone after it did frazzle but you don't care because (well ime anyway) smoking it is so addictive more addictive then some people say actually smoking is similar to injecting in terms of how fast it reaches the brain it's funny you talking about sniffing though that took me back its been years since I've sniffed it sometimes it theirs a little pile left that's pointless putting on the foil I will sniff it and it works nicely sometimes I like to inhale the smoke up my nose to for extra potency or breath it out of my nose like a Dragon sometimes I wonder if that's when the Dragon things comes from.

Maybe I should try sniffing again I do have days where I seem to care better against the compulsivness etc and maybe if I manage to keep it up for a few days it will get easier I wouldn't know because I usually never manage to abstain for that long, not lately anyway this night just be my lowest point of my life I know one thing either the Dragon will eat me or I will escape the dragon that's the only way it can go now my tolerance is just so high it's ridiculous smoking half an egg 1.6 grams a day