• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

I could use some advice...

Kimi#4321

Bluelighter
I have been an I.V drug user for 22 years (holy shit that's sad as I'm 35). I have had a few years at one point and a few months here and there nothing equally over a year. My use has changed only in now I'm a functioning addict as in my younger days not at all. I start off using to numb some sort of emotional issue, then find I can't put it down. Well this last go 3 years it's going on. I wanted to stop a month after I picked up it's now 3 years later. I want to stop no one knows I use. I'm in college I work part time I am a single mom. My oldest daughter passed away in October my youngest just truned six I'm a good mom and person, but my addiction holds me back from so much. I want out the thing is I have no support system I can't just take a few days off to sleep it off( even though I sleep every night) I don't have alot of money even more so now a days with inflation ( another reason to quit). I don't want to give up on life my child deserves better then an addicted mom. Iv made it through to much to end up everything I hated and felt sorry for.

This is why I'm reaching out I need advice on what I can do to help get off without having horrible detox. I am looking for more organic home remedies to help as one I don't take any over the counter medicine or prescriptions unless need be.( I figure I already put enough bullshit in my system) Also i don't have money to spend on some expensive something or other.

So here's what it is I'm am 35 I use ones to twist a day frist thing in the am and early evening. My habit is a 20 a dollar day to day and a half habit. I am an I.V user I use no other way or substance beside I do smoke cigarettes though. I have a fairly good immune system though since my oldest passed iv gained 60 pounds and am always exhausted. Iv aged 20 years or what feels like over night since her passing. But my immune system is still pretty good I think but it may not actually be.

Please if you know of anything or any suggestions that might help me end this using please let me know. Thank you in advance.

Respectfully...

Hey, I can relate a lot. I'm 33 and got started on heroin/meth at 14. I haven't used hard stuff that whole time, but I definitely relate.

Really sorry about losing your daughter :(

You never mentioned what you use, though? Heroin?

Have you ever been to rehab/AA/recovery stuff? Just asking so I know where you're at

Have you heard of kratom?

So yes I'v done rehab as well N/A A/A my thing is I fell like if I could just get away from picking up for a few days I could stop. Iv kicked heroin twice but I'm currently using speed and even though it's not as potent as when I was younger. I read about the detox process and it seems like there's a lot more that could go.

I'm really sorry for your suffering.

Personally I would consider a taper but "personally" doesn't apply as everyone is different. There isn't one size fits all as ultimately your demons and worries are personal. I have alot of sympathy for you. I know addicts can feel like they're a burden and an endless pit of beating yourself up. The first thing to do is stop beating yourself up and treat it like if you were rationally trying to apply cures to a patient and the patient is you

The problem is more emotional and questioning your own self esteem than anything else. It is your own demons that are torturing you. The drug is just a conduit. Hence you can interchange heroin, amphetamines, sex, pity or any of the things we've all done before. I'm just as guilty of my own addictions and it can go on for what seems like forever. A smoke, a drag, a line, a bullshit tv show, anything to numb the pain. The problem is emotional rather than physical. Without a physical form it is very hard to fight a demon. You have to develop alot of faith in yourself to defeat a spiritual enemy

So yes I'v done rehab as well N/A A/A my thing is I fell like if I could just get away from picking up for a few days I could stop. Iv kicked heroin twice but I'm currently using speed and even though it's not as potent as when I was younger. I read about the detox process and it seems like there's a lot more that could go.

There is no detox from speed, just stop that crap. You will be very tired for a few days and likely somewhat depressed but that's it. Speed does not cause any physical dependence, no matter how much you do.

You even state that you sleep every night, which tells me that your speed habit is not that bad. Or your speed is crap, which is unfortunate given that you inject this stuff into your veins. Does it really do much for you? Speed drove me crazy (literally!!), I was feeling much much better after stopping that psychotic habit.