View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I can SEE the fucking air

CrypticArc

Bluelighter
Guys, yesterday I microdosed on psilocybin and took some glaucine as well. Then at the peak I took 2 medium sized rips off a whipped cream can. It was an awesome trip. Last night I had my first lucid dream in months as well. Although something ridiculously strange is happening this morning. It's a cold, windy day. I know that the cold can compact air molecules together to make them denser, I think this could be part of it. I opened my door and the entire atmosphere was permeated with a clear flowing "current". It looks EXACTLY like when you see butane coming off a lighter or stove burner, or when the heat makes the air shimmer, but also kind of like when the wind blows on the surface of a large body of water. I can blow hard into the air and it will literally ripple. It goes with the wind flawlessly. Even weirder, it consistently shows up outside and never inside.

Is it possible that this was a combination of weather conditions, sunlight and visual acuity from the psilocybin yesterday, or did I fuck up and give myself some savage HPPD? It doesn't show up on my phone's camera. I am kinda freaking out right now, so please reply ASAP and thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I've seen it, energy mann :). If your tripping hard enough you can draw in the air with your finger and see it there for like 5-10 seconds.

Is it really, really cold out? I grew up in Upstate NY and could sometimes see patterns in the air like that in the winter when it got really cold, and this was back since early childhood waaaaay before the drugs.

Is it really, really cold out? I grew up in Upstate NY and could sometimes see patterns in the air like that in the winter when it got really cold, and this was back since early childhood waaaaay before the drugs.

It's gotta be that. It was super cold out.

By the way, your thread title made me laugh out loud. All it needed was a "Duuuuude......!!!!!" at the beginning or the end ;)

Came across this, haven't posted in a while, but had to reply to this one:

Doooooood!!!! Like, totally fucking awesome maaaaan!!!!

Great you are beginning to perceive what has and will always be there around you :)

To keep it simple, and Einstein already covered it in detail, narrowed down to E=mc^2.

Pull out your table of elements and give it a glance - every known element, thus matter, is covered there; each with it's unique properties and each with it's unique manner of energizing.

Now, forget elements, think molecules, because few elements like to be alone all the time... Just the same way water is visible, so is air. To those who can't 'see' then no, it is not visible. But to those of us who can, and welcome to the club with your epiphany, then everything is visible; just a matter of means of perception and for how long you can keep that 'vision' going. Another poster above trips hard and sees it for 5-10 seconds. Others who are learned in that manner and eventually see without catalysts such as drugs, such as monks of Nepal and other 'crazy' folk, can always see it, for however long they please.

Keep up the good work and try bring forth the visions without drugs. That is not to say I don't like 7-10 drops of liquid acid or a whopping dose of shrooms to help see the unseen.

One love,
bwanajzj

EDIT: And when you blow into the air and it ripples, that is thermodynamics at work. Hot air from your lungs mixing with the colder air outside, to the point at which it reaches equilibrium... Am so glad you are seeing all this. Now apply what you know, and use your knowledge to help you perceive all this and much much more. The most mundane and usual of things can become the most fascinating, awe inspiring and time consuming things if you give it some thought :D

Last edited:
If you can see inside does that not imply its fog/mist?

I know what you mean though, this happened twice when I took MXP the other week, and I had no idea if it was the drug or not at the time. I've also seen something like this on psilocybin, so whilst MXP is unlikely to cause this, the psilocybin experience came straight to mind. Then again it is winter in the UK.

This reminds me of when my mate had a bit of an episode after a heavy weekend and left the after party thinking something strange was up, and we were all co-conspirators.

He thought his room had been filled with poison gas. Upon seeing him a few days later conceded that this was a delusion, but was addiment that "there was definitely fog in his room". He tried convincing me it came through the window.

Guys, yesterday I microdosed on psilocybin and took some glaucine as well. Then at the peak I took 2 medium sized rips off a whipped cream can. It was an awesome trip. Last night I had my first lucid dream in months as well. Although something ridiculously strange is happening this morning. It's a cold, windy day. I know that the cold can compact air molecules together to make them denser, I think this could be part of it. I opened my door and the entire atmosphere was permeated with a clear flowing "current". It looks EXACTLY like when you see butane coming off a lighter or stove burner, or when the heat makes the air shimmer, but also kind of like when the wind blows on the surface of a large body of water. I can blow hard into the air and it will literally ripple. It goes with the wind flawlessly. Even weirder, it consistently shows up outside and never inside.

Is it possible that this was a combination of weather conditions, sunlight and visual acuity from the psilocybin yesterday, or did I fuck up and give myself some savage HPPD? It doesn't show up on my phone's camera. I am kinda freaking out right now, so please reply ASAP and thanks in advance.

I've had that precise effect on LSD before and also on 4-HO-MPT. I found it quite beautiful and fascinating and so much more real-looking than typical visuals. Of course I was tripping at the time. Of note though, is that as a kid I would see stuff like this all the time, I was at one point convinced there were invisible aliens invading who could be killed by loud sound, and I could see them as shimmering ripple-forms in the air, like heat shimmering. It was very real to me, I could watch these spots and they'd move and stay real. My point is, the mind is very suggestible. If I were you I'd just chalk it up to the day-after effect of a trip and not worry about it.