• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

I’m starting to withdraw, I think. Getting scared

Kismet555

Greenlighter
So I stopped taking my OxyContin today. I only took 2 yesterday, when normally I take 3/4.

This morning I did a little oxycodone, snorted. But I think it’s worn off because I started crying all of a sudden, out of the blue. And I took a nap and had the weirdest dream about a time 8 years ago when my husband and I were just dating and we were so happy and free. It was the weirdest feeling.

I took 10mg of loperamide about 2 hours ago. I feel sweaty and a bit dizzy.

I’m going to take my kids to the playground and try to get some sun and exercise.

Things seem surreal. Have a started withdrawal already? I feel like I’m in a twilight zone.

So I stopped taking my OxyContin today. I only took 2 yesterday, when normally I take 3/4.

This morning I did a little oxycodone, snorted. But I think it’s worn off because I started crying all of a sudden, out of the blue. And I took a nap and had the weirdest dream about a time 8 years ago when my husband and I were just dating and we were so happy and free. It was the weirdest feeling.

I took 10mg of loperamide about 2 hours ago. I feel sweaty and a bit dizzy.

I’m going to take my kids to the playground and try to get some sun and exercise.

Things seem surreal. Have a started withdrawal already? I feel like I’m in a twilight zone.

I had withdrawal symptoms while on the Oxy because as my tolerance grew, I refused to increase the dose.

What is your plan?

I don’t really have a plan. Just taking loperamide, gabapentin, etc.

i asjrd for guidance in a another thread and it just got moved. Do you have recommendations?

I didn’t say I was in full blown wds. I was wondering if they had started so soon based on my symptoms. I took the lipeadine to help with them and were taking the kids to the playground to get my mind off detoxing, as suggested in these posts. And people go to work in full blown wds if they are able to mitigate them ok.

Early w/d for me would start as soon as 4 hours after my last dose, everyone a lil different. And yeah at the minor w/d symptoms from a low dose. If you’ve never done full w/d I would try not to focus on how bad you might feel. Lope and gaba works for me as as does clonidine, I take dissolvable vitamin b as well since I have a hard time keeping things down sometimes. Gatorade. Water. Stuff you don’t have to make much effort cooking if you can eat. Anyway good luck to you. I’m somewhere on day 4 myself. There’s also the Thomas recipe that many swear by.

Building up the withdrawal in your head isn't going to help. Look it's going to suck your going to feel extremely bad in s way you haven't felt before. That's the bad news. The good news is you will survive and it'll be over in less then a week. So butter down the windows clear your schedule and you will be fine. Then it'll be over and you'll be able to say yeah I survived that.

Building up the withdrawal in your head isn't going to help. Look it's going to suck your going to feel extremely bad in s way you haven't felt before. That's the bad news. The good news is you will survive and it'll be over in less then a week. So butter down the windows clear your schedule and you will be fine. Then it'll be over and you'll be able to say yeah I survived that.

I survived kicking methadone and heroin 19 years ago, so I have felt it before. I was trying to determine if I could be experiencing wds from switching from OxyContin to oxycodone.