• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Hydroponic Smoke getting around?

I'm not saying this applies to indoor growing, where light and other conditions are adjustable, but this book has pretty much stood the test of time when speaking about outdoor growing.

I'm not doubting the taste factor with older plants but I'll state again that THC levels are usually highest before pistils become noticably discoloured. Here's my reference.

From Marijuana Botany by Robert Connell Clarke

pages 139 -140

Peak Floral Stage

Elongation of the main floral stem ceases at this stage, and floral clusters gain most of their size through the addition of more calyxes along the secondary stems until they cover the primary stem tips in an overlapping spiral. Small reduced mono-leaflet and tri-leaflet leaves subtend each pair of calyxes emerging from secondary stems within the floral clusters. These subtending leaves are correctly referred to as bracts. Outer leaves begin to wilt and turn yellow as the pistillate plant reaches its reproductive peak.

In the primordial calyxes the pistils have turned brown; however, all but the oldest of the flowers are fertile and the floral clusters are white with many pairs of ripe pistils. Resin secretion is quite advanced in some of the older infertile calyxes, and the young pistillate calyxes are rapidly producing capitate stalked glandular trichromes to protect the precious unfertilized ovule. Under wild conditions the pistillate plant would be starting to form seeds and the cycle would be drawing to a close. When Cannabis is grown for sinsemilla floral production, the cycle is interrupted. Pistillate plants remain unfertilized and begin to produce capitate stalked trichromes and accumulate resin in a last effort to remain viable. Since capitate-stalked trichromes now predominate, resin and THC production increase.

The elevated resin heads appear clear, since fresh resin is still being secreted, often being produced in the cellular head of the trichrome. At this time THC acid production is at a peak and CBD acid levels remain stable as the molecules are rapidly converted into THC acids.

THC acid synthesis has not been active for long enough for a high level of CBN acid to build up from the degradation of THC acid by heat and light. Terpene production is also nearing a peak and the floral clusters are beautifully aromatic. Many cultivators prefer to pick some of their strains during this stage in order to produce marijuana with a clear cerebral, psychoactive effect. It is believed that, in peak floral clusters, the low levels of CBD and CBN allow the high level of THC to act without sedative effects. Also, little polymerization of resins has occurred, [The bulbous dirty resin I earlier spoke of; p_d] so aromas and tastes are often less resinous and tar-like than at later stages. Many strains, if they are harvested in the peak floral stage, lack a completely developed aroma, taste and psychoactive level that appear after curing.

This is the point of optimum harvest for some strains since most additional calyx growth has ceased. However, a subsequent flush of new calyx growth may occur and the plant continue ripening into the late floral stage.

Late Floral Stage

By this stage plants are well past their reproductive phase and their health has begun to decline. Many of the larger leaves have dropped off and some of the small inner leaves begin to change colour. Autumn colours (purple, orange, yellow, etc) begin to appear in the older leaves and calyxes at this time; many of the pistils turn brown and begin to fall off. Only the last terminal pistils are still fertile and swollen calyxes predominate. Heavy layers of protective resin heads cover the calyxes and associated leaves. Production of additional capitate-stalked glandular trichromes is rare, although some existing trichromes may still be elongating and secreting resins. As the previously secreted resins mature, they change color. The polymerization of small terpene molecules (which make up most of the resins) produce long chains and a more viscous and darker coloured resin. The ripening and darkening of resins follows the peak of psychoactive cannabinoid synthesis and the transparent amber colored resin of mature plants is usually indicative of high THC content....

Color added to highlight; p_d

btw to special TBK, white rhino does not have white hairs, but a pastel orange much like white shark, the difference is that white rhino is white widow X afghani #1, so is not much dissimilar to white shark which is a widow and skunk cross. The stone in all the white labels are all similar, the main factor is taste. Rhino has more of the acridness of widow while shark has a more tangy skunk taste which hides the horrid widows bite. As for smell, white rhino does not smell like vics vapor rub, it smells once again similar to shark but with a more blunt aroma. Where as shark is sharper and GWS is even more sharper and denser thanks to using superskunk. Overall, out of all the white labels, great white shark is the superior as it has better yield, same potency though, better taste. And remember superskunk is a skunk #1 crossed with a afghani #1 which is a sort of ancestor to skunk genetics. so yeah..GWS is the best. White Widow is probably more potent than the other crosses, but the acrid crap taste makes it a bit annoying to smoke.

Okay maybe it Was White Widow that I smoked. Im not sure the dude just said this is white...... And my friend (who was going out with this guy) when I asked her about it a month or 2 later she said, *i think it's called white rhino or sumthin* So yeah... That answers that. Also It didnt smell exactly like Vics Vapo Rub, but It had a strong Eucalypt type smell and when I cracked a bud in Half and smelt it, It cleared my nose... So it Was like Vics Vapo Rub or like railing a nice line of Clean coke! one thing I know is... 2 got me absolutely FUCKED!!!

As for good weed. You have not had better until you have a bit of PNG Gold!!! That shit is Rank. One night me n a mate bought 2.5g of it and we were going to have a MASS SESSION... After 4 I was refusing. I dont wana sound like the *KING DING TOP SHIT STONER*, but back in my prime I could down alot of cones. But 4 and I was refusing ay, 3 for my mate. So we rolled up The Mass Joint for the next night (Bodyjar) and we smoked that up on the Balcony of the venue. We were Both toasted as burnt Multi-Grain!

SpecTBK=D

if I went to a dealer and he told me he had white rhino, skunk #5, sensi skunk etc, I'd probibly call him an idiot.Mull is Mull and in Australia where we dont have the luxury of seed banks like Holland we pretty much dont know what strain we have when you consider the amount of cross breading and hybrids. I think I would only beleive him if he told me it was a sativa or an indica. In the 10 years I have been smoking weed only a handful of occasions has someone tried to tell me what strain it was. Basically IMO in Australia all you need to know is if its hydros or bush.

Peak THC content and peak potency are two different things for mine. I believe peak potency is entirely subjective with some people preferring bud when THC content has peaked, giving a more heady high, while others prefer bud that has been left longer for trichomes to degrade, increasing CBN content, giving a more "couch-lock" effect.

Overgrow has an excellent Grow Guide, this FAQ on trichomes is well worth reading.

These two pics are also from Overgrow, though they should be used more as a guide, in my opinion.

When-To-Harvest-2.jpg

when-to-harvest.jpg

I don't actually know, but I would guess that there would be quite a variation between strains when observing trichome to hair relationship.

That said, i've personally grown outdoors before and have closely followed my plants' trichomes under a microscope (x50-x100) during their flowering phase. I've noticed that even when there are up to 40% red hairs (60% white), the majority of capitate-stalked trichomes are still clear headed. This leaves me inclined to believe that hair colour is not an accurate indication of the flower's content.

if I went to a dealer and he told me he had white rhino, skunk #5, sensi skunk etc, I'd probibly call him an idiot.Mull is Mull and in Australia where we dont have the luxury of seed banks like Holland we pretty much dont know what strain we have when you consider the amount of cross breading and hybrids. I think I would only beleive him if he told me it was a sativa or an indica. In the 10 years I have been smoking weed only a handful of occasions has someone tried to tell me what strain it was. Basically IMO in Australia all you need to know is if its hydros or bush.

How Neive, IMO. Do you not think that people don't import seeds from Holland and Canada? I mean it isn't hard to get seeds in. You think people don't get Earlypearl-Northernlight, Skunk #1, High grade, White Widow, AK-47... in Holland there are new strains being created by the week!

SpecTBK=D