Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Hydromorphone/ 4mg) - insufflated 1st time

J. G. Wentworth

Ex-Bluelighter
I take dilaudid 4mg orally four times daily for chronic neck pain after being on hydrocodone for years. I usually require some soma or tizanadine with it along with some acetaminophen. It takes care of most of the pain, but I still have bad pain days and okay pain days.

After doing some research and seeing that insufflation increases the bioavailability of hydromorphone, I decided to crush one up and snort it the other night. Chased it with a few drops of water and some 4 way nasal spray.

I felt PERFECT! Within a few minutes, I could feel it coming on. Not a huge rush, but just a smooth ride into feeling good. After 15 - 20 minutes, I had no pain at all, yet at the same time I did not feel fucked up or really high. I felt good and "normal" again like I did when I was 25 and young and in good health. I felt strong, confident, energized, and happy. Perfect was the word to describe how I felt. No need for anything else at the time.

I was amazed at how well it worked. Looking back, I am not so surprised as I have had dilaudid via IV post surgery and after a whole night of "hitting the button" I was the same way the next day when i went home. I just did not expect the energizing effect and the great mood it put me in the other night.

I did it twice more over the weekend so I could compare the oral effects against the insufflation effects. No doubt, I got more of the drug without any negative side effects. I have taken 8mg orally before and not felt this good. In fact, 8mg orally made me feel woozy and flushed and didn't kill the pain as nicely as I thought it should.

I am sure this is nothing new to those who have administered it this route. Insufflation was kick ass as far as pain control and putting me in a great mood and not into a nod.

I have read about plugging and the variance in its effects with BA being all over the place. I am sure I will try it for the experience to see if I can experience the possibility of an even greater BA.

I do not think I will make insufflation my regular route of administration for a number of health and tolerance reasons, but it will be an option for really bad pain days and special days when I need or want to be on top of my game.

If there is anything I need to watch out for in particular, I am all ears.

Thanks for the education, Bluelighters. My experience with insufflation of this particular pain med gets 2 thumbs up.

Yeah i am perscribed to dilaudid 8 mg 120 every 3 weeks, but i have back pain 2 surgries after. but yes snorting them is way better then taking them orally, theres no greater feeling. Your not super high, but you feel very good, hyper almost, and you are nice to everyone and like to talk to people, dilaudid is my drug of choice, good thing im perscribed.

Hydromorphone is quite seductive. It was my first stepping-stone into more powerful opiates (from using just hydrocodone/oxycodone/codeine to the more powerful stuff)

Good stuff, but tread carefully. :)

yes. It was a gateway to that demon weed for me this weekend. :D

Thanks for the reminder, NT. When we don't respect the power of these drugs and the potential pitfalls, we are at risk for crossing boundaries we said we would never cross.

Man my tolerance must be destroyed from Opana because I've railed 4 8mg D's back to back and felt nothing. IV is a different story though. Glad you got some relief from it via nasal ROA!

A man can dream can't he? Whether it is a blessing or not remains to be seen, but I have still not had an opioid stronger than oxycodone so I always enjoy reading reports on hydromorphone and oxymorphone.

Hydromorphone is quite seductive. It was my first stepping-stone into more powerful opiates (from using just hydrocodone/oxycodone/codeine to the more powerful stuff)

Good stuff, but tread carefully. :)

oxycodone can be pretty powerful stuff. all my friends that dont IV like oxy better as well as me. better than d's that is.,...
i haven't been able to get my hands on the opana. my pain dr will give it to me, but i don't want him to lower all the oxy i get. im about to have surgery so hopefully he'll hook me up with a sample. So i can see if it is more helpful to my pain, and if i can have a little fun with them. then maybe i would be cool with not getn my 15's and just getn my 30's and the opana 40's if he will give me enough to make it worth it....
do u know if there still good to rail??? thats a big part of my habit. i really dont want any pills i cant snoot. sad i know but its instant relief when im in so much pain i want to take a knife to my back. to be honest though i just like railing!8(