• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Hydromorphinol

i would be surprised if it was used for anything but anesthesia, never heard of it for pain indications

It says its commonly used in Sweden, most likely for post-operative pain. There may be pills of it too, but who knows.
I'm sure it's used in other countries besides Sweden. Maybe in Finland or Norway?

One of these days I want to find out what I was given for my general. I'm allergic to most, you see, so I'm certain it was an opioid, as it was described to me as "100 times stronger than morphine". I was high for at least the 12 hours after I came to, after the surgery. Would be interesting to find out what it was.

One of these days I want to find out what I was given for my general. I'm allergic to most, you see, so I'm certain it was an opioid, as it was described to me as "100 times stronger than morphine". I was high for at least the 12 hours after I came to, after the surgery. Would be interesting to find out what it was.

Most of the real, real good stuff are the morphine salts and esters (like morphine sulfate, morphine hydrochloride, morphine diacetate which is heroin, or morphine dinicotinate which is nicomorphine, or morphine dipropionate which is dipropanoylmorphine, etc). These are even better than hydromorphone and oxymorphone, which are only related to morphine and not morphine salts. The vast majority of them are short-intermediate acting. Hydromorphinol is longer-acting than morphine, but its not like methadone.

Perhaps you were given levorphanol, or more likely, fentanyl or some fentanyl analogue.

I'm going to agree with kokaino here, it was more than likely fentanyl...

Of course its impossible to tell for sure...

If it was described to you as 100x potent than morphine and was given for general anesthesia, my bet goes to fentanyl.

During my endoscopy I was given a mixture of nitrazepam and fentanyl, whoch knocked me out in seconds flat. They maintained anesthesia by giving propofol and a very slow infusion of the two compounds mentiones above

My general is usually Fentanyl/Versed with extra Propofol. (I'm opiate tolerant)

Never heard of this drug, but I used to work for a medical office where they did out-patient procedures. There were between 8-10 dr's there, and they all used one of two combinations:
Versed, fentanyl, &propofol OR
Versed, Ketamine & Propofol

I use the Fentanyl patch myself, and when I was researching it before I started it, I CONSTANTLY saw the quote that it's "about 100x stronger than Morphine". So my guess is also Fentanyl :)
Sorry, quite a bit off-topic there!

Sorry for derailing this thread! Fentanyl, huh, that makes sense. I was 16 at the time. Who would've thought only a few years afterwards I'd be an opiate addict for real ;)

Sorry for derailing this thread! Fentanyl, huh, that makes sense. I was 16 at the time. Who would've thought only a few years afterwards I'd be an opiate addict for real ;)

No offense to the OP, but it doesn't seem like anyone (so far, anyway) had much to say about the drug that was originally asked about...so no harm, that I can see.
BTW, C_Tripper, the comment I made about being off topic was directed at myself, not you...just wanted to make it clear :)

Hydromorphinol is distributed under the trade name Numorphan Oral in some countries and there are generics; it is used mainly in northern Europe for the same spectrum of indications as oxymorphone, including induction of anaesthesia. In my experience when getting four root canal treatments at the same time back in the day, the rush (physical effect including vasodilation and histamine release) and bang (rapid onset of euphoria) is somewhat more intense than hydromorphone or oxymorphone, but no pins & needles like morphine, and it does last longer and feels a lot like oxymorphone from T + 10 minutes on as well. The drop in body temperature, especially when I am overdue for a dose, is one of my favourite opioid effects, and it was quite apparent with hydromorphinol. Orally, sublingually, and intranasally, it is like oxymorphone to a great extent.

Four root canals at the same time plus an extraction sounds really rough, but in no time I felt like dancing right there in the chair.