hydrocortisone, testosterone on methadone

affasd

Bluelighter
testosterone on methadone

Hey all, I am on methadone for 4 years. currently at 75mg a day. I was tired all the time, and sleep all the time, and after going from 160 down to 75mg a day it didn't get better so I finally went to the doctor and got blood tests. I had low testosterone and cortisol. Does anyone here take hydrocortisone or testosterone while also on methadone? Can you just let me know how it is, like any interactions or anything you may have had or if it worked well for you?

The hydrocortisone, I am kinda hesistant to take because I just found out it is a inducer of cypa34 which could cause lower blood levels of methadone, which I really don't want to feel withdrawals or anything. My cortisol wasn't even below the level of the lab test, it was just at the very bottom of the accepted range, and they didn't really explain what symptoms that would cause or anything so I was kinda skeptical in the first place about taking it. But has anyone here taken hydrocortisone on methadone, did it cause withdrawal effects?

Also did anyone else take testosterone while on methadone? did you feel better? did it cause any side effects? I also might have sleep apnea and it says it can worsen that so I am kinda scared to take it till I figure out whether i do have sleep apnea. I really don't want to take this either since I only plan on taking methadone for another year or 2 and Im assuming my testosterone would return to normal after I quit the methadone and I don't want to mess up my bodies natural production, but I am so tired all the time and sleeping so much that I am almost failing out of school, and I only have like 3 semesters to graduate.

Also , the testosterone they prescribed is androgel, arounmd 60mg a day i think(3 pumps), I am kinda worried about side effects, could anyone send me a link to anywhere I can find info to avoid the side effects like balls shrinking and growing man boobs? I thought man boobs were from low testosterone so why would taking the test cause that?

Also when I stop taking the testosterone will my body go back to normal production by itself? and how long does that take? I just am kinda worried about fucking it up permanently.

Last edited:
Hey all, I am on methadone for 4 years. currently at 75mg a day. I was tired all the time, and sleep all the time, and after going from 160 down to 75mg a day it didn't get better so I finally went to the doctor and got blood tests. I had low testosterone and cortisol. Does anyone here take hydrocortisone or testosterone while also on methadone? Can you just let me know how it is, like any interactions or anything you may have had or if it worked well for you?

The hydrocortisone, I am kinda hesistant to take because I just found out it is a inducer of cypa34 which could cause lower blood levels of methadone, which I really don't want to feel withdrawals or anything. My cortisol wasn't even below the level of the lab test, it was just at the very bottom of the accepted range, and they didn't really explain what symptoms that would cause or anything so I was kinda skeptical in the first place about taking it. But has anyone here taken hydrocortisone on methadone, did it cause withdrawal effects?

Also did anyone else take testosterone while on methadone? did you feel better? did it cause any side effects? I also might have sleep apnea and it says it can worsen that so I am kinda scared to take it till I figure out whether i do have sleep apnea. I really don't want to take this either since I only plan on taking methadone for another year or 2 and Im assuming my testosterone would return to normal after I quit the methadone and I don't want to mess up my bodies natural production, but this fatigue and sleeping all the time is starting to fuck up my gpa at school and I have had to retake a bunch of classes cause I always am too tired to go to class or do homework, so I really need to do something so I can actually graduate.

Also , the testosterone they prescribed is androgel, arounmd 60mg a day i think(3 pumps), I am kinda worried about side effects, especially lasting ones, could anyone send me a link to anywhere I can find info to avoid the side effects like balls shrinking and growing man boobs? I thought man boobs were from low testosterone so why would taking the test cause that? any info on how to safely and smartly take the test would be appreciated, although mostly I want to hear from people here who have taken it while on methadone

Also when I stop taking the testosterone will my body go back to normal production by itself? and how long does that take? I just am kinda worried about fucking with something so essential to the body, but i really need to do something, I am sick of sleeping away half my life, and getting off the done isn't possible at least until I graduate school in a year or 2.

Testosterone replacement therapy is for life, you generally don't come off...

Gyno is from high estrogen in males predisposed to it... High estrogen is from high levels of testosterone aromatizing into estrogen, you won't have high levels of test from TRT... Don't worry about it..!!

Don't worry about glucocorticoids if not causing symptoms/side effects...

Gyno is from high estrogen in males predisposed to it... High estrogen is from high levels of testosterone aromatizing into estrogen, you won't have high levels of test from TRT... Don't worry about it..!!

Don't worry about glucocorticoids if not causing symptoms/side effects...
Lol we actually strive for lower cortisol to cut excess water and get rid of its fat storage effect. Unless you're suffering from Addison's disease or something I wouldn't worry about it.

ahhhh damn for life? and yea I don't even think I'm gonna bother with that hydrocortisone. Well hmmm now I got second thoughts about all this. I wish I would have known whether I had low test before the methadone or if the methadone caused it. But yea if anyone on methadone has ever went through something similar I would love to hear.

I kinda wanna wait to see if I have sleep apnea and if I can get that fixed if Im not so tired anymore. Cause I could care less if my testosterone was low its just being tired all the time that sucks. But I had a sleep study and didn't sleep at all so now I gotta wait a few weeks till I talk to my doctor then schedule another one, so its gonna be a month or 2 til I get that shit figured out. My main problem is just that I don't really wanna fuck up another semester at school, which will probably happen if things stay how they are. But fucking up my hormones for life isn't worth it just to not fail a semester so I don't know. I'll prob just wait til I get my sleep apnea figured out. I would just take addies but I don't wanna lose my take homes.

Guido is on methadone and ended up with low test. He uses gear though blast and cruise style.

He still is? I thought he was done with methadone..
Last I talked to him was about a month ago and he said he was gonna work on getting off of it. Haven't asked since. Though he was on gear and 'done for 3 years I believe

Gyno is from high estrogen in males predisposed to it... High estrogen is from high levels of testosterone aromatizing into estrogen, you won't have high levels of test from TRT... Don't worry about it..!!.

This is unfortunately true. Through one of these posts I discovered I needed to start Testosterone replacement for life. Nevertheless, it can make you into a much better lover, if that suits for consolation.

This is unfortunately true. Through one of these posts I discovered I needed to start Testosterone replacement for life. Nevertheless, it can make you into a much better lover, if that suits for consolation.
Trt is for life but it was the best decision I made. After being hooked to heroin for some years it put my test levels to low normal which is not ok with me. Self prescribed it and now I blast and cruise.

erikmen was your low test from opiates?

I think I may just try it for a while and see how much it helps. I'm only 26 though and plan on getting off the methadone in like 2 years max, and I am assuming my levels would go to normal after quitting done. I just wish I knew what my levels were like before the done, cause I would have no problem taking it if I knew my levels were low even when not on methadone.

My level was at 175 and the lab range was 280-1000. Its possible I did have lowish even before methadone. I mean I got on right when I turned 22 and at that point and even now I still can't grow a beard, and people always say how I look 17. Ive been doing some reading too and have heard of some interesting stuff like DHEA i think it was, a supplement, or hcg which makes your body produce it naturally. I might look into those as well if anyone has any opinion on that.

I'm still on the fence but I'm just doing as much reading as I can before I take the plunge. If I only take it for a few weeks to see how it is will that be short enough that my body could still restart on its own if I decide to quit?

Read through threads about hcg... I'm not gonna parrot that information as its been repeated enough. It's a fertility drug that's it. Dhea won't do much for you either. Accept the test and move on lol. Why are you so hesitant on it? The done will cause much more issues than test which will Put you at normal levels!!! side effects are encountered with low test and above normal levels. Normal levels won't produce many if any negative sides. Most people won't recover normal test levels after opioid cessation. Mine were low normal 2 years after quitting.

Trt is for life but it was the best decision I made. After being hooked to heroin for some years it put my test levels to low normal which is not ok with me. Self prescribed it and now I blast and cruise.

Great that it has worked for you too.
Just a suggestion about quantity and prescription through, it can make some of your heart functions be altered so make sure you go through a blood test, a quick and effective exam worth the effort.

Read through threads about hcg... I'm not gonna parrot that information as its been repeated enough. It's a fertility drug that's it. Dhea won't do much for you either. Accept the test and move on lol. Why are you so hesitant on it? The done will cause much more issues than test which will Put you at normal levels!!! side effects are encountered with low test and above normal levels. Normal levels won't produce many if any negative sides. Most people won't recover normal test levels after opioid cessation. Mine were low normal 2 years after quitting.

Of course! Besides, as long as you use the right meds on correct dosages that can make you stop losing muscle or weaken your bones, not to mention the obvious, your body needs hormones and the lack of them may disrupt others, etc, etc..

Great that it has worked for you too.
Just a suggestion about quantity and prescription through, it can make some of your heart functions be altered so make sure you go through a blood test, a quick and effective exam worth the effort.
I do blood work three to four times a year. Sometimes more. I'm more anal about it than most.

Last edited:
The reason I was hesitant was just that I'm only 26 I planned on quitting methadone within 2 years and didn't want to take it if my levels would go back to normal on their own. But I do read from a lot of people that the levels never fully recovered after quitting the long term opiates, and also I am pretty sure my levels were never that great to begin with. So I decided I'll start on it tomorrow. I'll update in a couple weeks with how I feel. How long does it take to notice a difference with the gel? Will I notice a difference in the first couple days or does it take a couple weeks?

The reason I was hesitant was just that I'm only 26 I planned on quitting methadone within 2 years and didn't want to take it if my levels would go back to normal on their own. But I do read from a lot of people that the levels never fully recovered after quitting the long term opiates, and also I am pretty sure my levels were never that great to begin with. So I decided I'll start on it tomorrow. I'll update in a couple weeks with how I feel. How long does it take to notice a difference with the gel? Will I notice a difference in the first couple days or does it take a couple weeks?
In regards to bolded portion I got clean at 20, had levels tested at late 22, low normal. Got on gear at 23. Guido I believe was mid twenties when he got on done and started gear as well.

In regards to when you'll notice the difference? Not sure as many here are advocates against gel and opt for injection as getting dosing right is easier, maintaining stable levels is easier, and don't have to worry about the test coming in contact with others. If you can I'd opt for injectable test.

I'll give them a call and see if I can get that after this bottle runs out in 20 days. Thanks for all the help everyone, we can let this thread die for now, Ill update in a couple weeks or so with how things are going.