• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hydrocodone withdrawal

Hey @blacksheepbobbi :p

I know everyone else has already given you some great help. I'm gonna throw my hat in the ring and see if it helps you out at all.

Generally, if you've been dependent upon Opioids in the past, it's gonna take 2 consecutive days of using to catch a little twinge of withdrawal. 3 days of consecutive use - most people, myself included will tell you that you're 75% back into your habit. If you use for several days straight, it's generally gonna give you a full suite of withdrawal symptoms.

My rule of thumb was always 3 days. I knew that once I used for 3 days, I was pretty much fucked.

That doesn't mean you're "fucked" though. It sounds like you know what you're dealing with. Fear of what to expect can often contribute to the anxiety. It sounds like you've also got some people in your life who can help and give you support.

Loperamide (Immodium) can help a lot with the diarrhea and also other withdrawal symptoms. You'll see lots of stuff on the net regarding high-dose Loperamide use. "Poor Man's Methadone" and all that. Indeed, high doses of Loperamide can help prevent withdrawal, though it's also been shown to cause serious cardiovascular issues in some cases.

I don't recommend the 100's of milligrams often touted by users. I do think that moderate dosages are okay, especially if it's one instance in your life that you're doing this just as a stop gap. I would take up to 36mg Loperamide per day, but not more than that.

Gabapentin (Neurontin) and/or Pregabalin (Lyrica) are you familiar with these? A lot of folks either have some in their medicine cabinet or know someone who does. I can tell that you're not a seasoned gutter junkie, so I assume you might not know about what we call Gabapentinoids.

For a lot of people, myself included, the Gabapentinoids are extremely effective for reducing symptoms of withdrawal. For me, specifically the Restless Legs Syndrome/Akathisia is the most miserable part of the whole experience. I've always found Gabapentinoids to be effective in reducing these symptoms, not to mention some reduction in anxiety/depression as well. If you have any questions, let us know.

Clonidine (Catapres) a blood pressure medication that is also quite useful in treating withdrawal. It helps stop the rattling feeling inside, will make you feel more calm and most importantly, will help you get some sleep. If you have any questions about this one, let us know.

Cannabis should be self-explanatory for anyone who has used it. It's great for nausea/appetite stimulation, insomnia and anxiety. Not everyone has positive effects from Cannabis during withdrawal. It's always worked for me though, so I like to throw it out there.

I know this is a lot to read. If you've got any questions, let us know.

I ran out of my prescription 10mg hydrocodone early. I went 7 days without it so I was through most of the physical wd. I had an accident last week and went back on it for 5 days. I ran out last night. My next refill is next Monday. My question is how bad will wd be after being back on them for 5 days? I’ve already got chills and hot flashes and stomach issues. Praying it won’t be another week of suffering.
Sounds like you're not doing that much I don't know for sure but if you've gone a week without doing any and you've gone back to the fives I would just quit cold turkey that's just me