• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hydrocodone noob - first time question

Persian

Greenlighter
I just chewed and swallowed (called eating right?) two 325/5 norcos. I took them like 20-30 minutes ago. I'm a 5'6" 140 lb male. Did I take enough? Should I start feeling the effects soon? If not should I eat one more?

yes, sticking something in your mouth and swallowing/eating it is called eating. very good, man. you are getting smarter and smarter by the day.

I wonder what its called if you sniff something up your nose? might be sniffing; I dont know, tho. maybe I am just crazy.

if you dont feel anything at the 45-1hr mark then eat another.

yes, sticking something in your mouth and swallowing/eating it is called eating. very good, man. you are getting smarter and smarter by the day.

I wonder what its called if you sniff something up your nose? might be sniffing; I dont know, tho. maybe I am just crazy.

if you dont feel anything at the 45-1hr mark then eat another.
Well I asked that because I'm a pill noob and I wasn't sure if "eating" meant chewing and swallowing or just swallowing it, based off what I've seen in drug forums and stuff. I'm not the most confident person lmao. But thanks for the reply...I guess...

you dont have to chew those things, dude. if you wan to, by all means do so, but its a mind game there. its not going to do any worse nor much better, but it will taste like shit which is why I was never one to "chew" pills. supposedly hits you faster but in your case not so much. take another; worst case you feel great; you dont have to worrying about ODing or anything serious at this point; pill noob or not you are not taking much.

I just chewed and swallowed (called eating right?) two 325/5 norcos. I took them like 20-30 minutes ago. I'm a 5'6" 140 lb male. Did I take enough? Should I start feeling the effects soon? If not should I eat one more?

Depends on your metabolism, but most opiate/opioid naive users should start feeling the dose between the 30 min - 1 hr mark. If this is your first time, I'd wait at least two hours before adding to the dose.

As far as "taking enough," no one else can really make that decision for you. 10 mg would have satisfied me when I wasn't taking opioids consistently, but some people are more tolerant to the opiate feeling than others.

Haha yea I chewed the first two and it tasted like asssssss, I sprinted for a drink. But I think I'm starting to feel it. I feel slightly euphoric, more talkative, less agitative. I just thought it'd be more powerful. I'm going to take the third one.

Thanks for the tips

EDIT: haven't taken the third yet. Just saw vacuole's reply. I'll wait another 45 minutes or so. Thanks for the reply.

Chances are you'll end up taking the third one at some point, but it sounds like you're beginning to feel the yummy effects that are associated with opiates/opioids. At this point in the game I don't think that extra 5 mg will do much at all to add to your high, except perhaps maybe make you nod out a little bit sooner. If that's what you want then go for it.

Oh, and chewing up pills isn't unheard of; some people do it to try and get the pill to kick in faster. It probably doesn't do much of anything, but it might. I've convinced myself before that it does, but the mind is a powerful tool to induce placebo effects.

10mg Hydrocodone (Vicodin, Lortab) isn't an excessive dose. In fact, I would say that 10mg is as low a dose as someone might go if they're looking for some kind of a recreational experience. The problem is that there is a pretty widely varying level of metabolism from person to person in regard to many drugs. This makes it difficult for us to suggest the proper dose that will work for you.

Wait and see how you feel for ~45 minutes before taking any more just in case. Messing with Opioids is especially dangerous when you don't have any established tolerance at all. You could be hypersensitive, but this is rare. After your first 10mg hits, you will have a strong point of reference for what you can and can't handle. For the record, ~50mg Hydrocodone is not an uncommon recreational dosage for someone with Opioid experience.

My first time with hydro I got absolutely blitzed off of 10mg. Also I wouldn't redose the third pill even though it's likely too late for this advice, usually redosing just increases sedation and duration of the nodding phase but not euphoria in my case. Plus redosing will raise tolerance faster too.