Hurting yourself lifting?

lostsoul.On.E

Bluelighter
hey everyone, let me give you a little backround before i ask any questions. ive been working out for about 9 months now and have gained bout 30lbs since then. i work out 4-5 times a week and get a good 15-20 sets on each muscle when i work them out.

now i was doing legs yesterday and when doing leg press i statred to get a pain or pressure in the back of my head. it hurt but i finished my work out and was fine after.

now today when i went to do chest my first warmup set was fine but by my second set i got that pain in the back of my head and this time it was alot worse. i stopped working out and it went away after a while and now im going to take a few days off and hopefully it goes away.

im sorry if this isnt on the steroids topic but im just wondering if this has happened to anyone before? or do they know what happened?

it did happen when i was pushing 5 plates on each side on legs press, so i was pushing alot of weight for my size.

I would strongly advise getting yourself to the ER. Any kind of pain or pressure to the head warrants a trip to the ER. Ya never know what could be going on in there, you might have burst something and have some internal bleeding for all you know. I know of someone who died the following day with similar symptoms.

/V

I would strongly advise getting yourself to the ER. Any kind of pain or pressure to the head warrants a trip to the ER. Ya never know what could be going on in there, you might have burst something and have some internal bleeding for all you know. I know of someone who died the following day with similar symptoms.

/V

I used to get this pain soooooo bad after my first few sets of heavy lifting that i would almost black out...it was like the back of my brain was exploding...i attributed it to seroquel but ive gotten it before on no meds...

weird

I used to get sharp pulling pains in the back of my head as a kid but don't get them so much anymore. But I agree with Victor and suggest going to see a doc- this really could be anything and we're not qualified to diagnose it...

Seeing a doc is a good suggestion.
It could be that you have some minor tearing of the small ligaments in and around the base of your skull.
Rest for at least a week.

Whenever I start up on leg presses after a lay off, I usually get a migraine later that night.

But really, I don't that in and of itself is tooooooooo big of a deal. After all, you're basically doing the same exercise as a squat, with the same blood pressure increases and so on, with your HEAD DOWN. So yeah, you're gonna get a lot more brain blood than you're used to. But without fail, I always adjust to it.

yea well im taking a week off and hopefully that fixes it. its been 3 days since it stared happening and i havent got it since yest. it only happens when im pushing weights so after that week of rest if it comes back again im most definitely going to see a doctor. thanks for everybodys concern

I've had this before. It sounds like an exertion headache/exercise induced headache. I give it a couple of weeks and then try again. Also, see a doctor just incase.