• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Op-Ed Hunter Biden: I fought to get sober. Political weaponization of my addiction hurts more than me

Its a load of BS, a political witch hunt designed by the right to undermine Biden himself (who is terrible). Here in the UK, we generally accept that politicos, journos, lawyers, higher class people generally are all into drugs and prostitution. Its part of the culture. The only time we get annoyed about it is when it involved minors and rightfully so. It used to be homosexuals but no one gives AF about that anymore. But when it comes to kids, they cover it up but its all about blackmail. Hunter was just an idiot for letting himself be filmed but he's not doing anything more than most politicians kids. Its the other stuff that seems to be problematic: sharing secrets and whatnot but I don't know enough about that to say anything.

Look into Burisma and I think you will find he was certainly upto more than just taking crack. He was selling access to his father.

Its a load of BS
Yes it is. Regardless of the exhausting right wing rhetoric. That he is in the news at all is political nonsense. People make Biden sound like a big bad evil opportunist. But when it is researched it comes out as BS. As bad as people think Biden is I at least see someone trying. Glad he overturned about 50 environmental laws in his first week of office that trump put into effect. Those laws would have raped the land and let business owners off the hook. To me that is trying for all people, not just some rich douchbag.

I thought this op-ed seemed sincere. Hunter sounds like the kid of guy I've heard speak at a meeting a time or two. He's in touch with his story and he relates his story to his own recovery journey. I give him a lot of credit for publishing that. I like that he attacks some of the rhetoric that is levied at him for political reasons and places into the construct of a person, because he knows that the reason ALL of this shit is happening, is that we are a nation of addicts in the U.S., jonesin for the next jackpot. We've been trained for generations, fostered by pharmaceutical excellence and liberty. Every addict knows you can put down a drug and pick up something else to replace it. So many Americans have done just that. They're addicted to winning, and will do whatever it takes, say whatever they can, to fuel the discourse even further.

Former Reality Television Show Star Donald J. Trump is not a human I would point my nephew to and say 'hey look, that's a man you should respect'. Joe Biden isn't a hero, or a mastubatory glory icon for anyone, he's a statesman who is trying to guide us through a pretty volatile period that has suddenly snuck up on all of us. Our former reality TV star on the other hand, is just looking to make drama.

You peoples obsession with thinking that about literally everyone that isn’t a right winger says more about what’s on your mind than the different person you baselessly hurl that accusation at each day
has nothing to do with left or right, as I'm not. But obvious evidence to the contrary would put anyone else behind bars for life. I don't usually give a crap about politics. However, as a person, he, as a dad (shudders), should protect kids and, oh, I don't know, use his power to fight human trafficking. Just a hair-brained idea. Who am I, though? yea. 🙄