View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help! HPPD Wants advice

Kermitslayer

Greenlighter
Hey I have HPPD, so around 2-3 months ago I cut myself off of acid. I was doing it almost everyday, of the month that I was taking them it was 400-800ug on the daily. (Don’t get me wrong, I was going through some stuff and I used it as an escape drug. I wish I never abused it like that I regret it.) every day I see streaks and maybe a small part of the wall will move or I see things move when they really aren’t. When I get tired it makes me trip a bit more where if I’m watching tv I’ll start seeing the tv spinning. When I close my eyes I feel like I’m moving around, and have a light hallucination. I have adhd and I want to get medicated for it, but I am unsure because since it’s a stimulant I don’t know how I would react to it. I looked it up to see if it’s safe for me to take adderall but so far some people tell it worsens then and some people tell me it made them hallucinate less. If anyone has anything to say, please let me know. Thank you

Oh ok, thank you so much. From frying my brain with acid I think it made me a bit more nervous on new things

Do your research. When it comes to this, you need to really do due dilligence and research, research, research!

What did you think you would get out of such heavy psychedelic experiences during that difficult period in your life? And, did you benefit from any of it? I ask because I think lots of people consider psychedelics when times get hard and wonder whether those deep intense experiences would help.

Obviously its entirely subjective and based upon the makeup of the individual but its interesting to know what you gleaned from your experiences in hyperspace during this time. Or maybe not if its triggering.

For me HPPD went away with time. I personally wouldnt use drugs to aid it. Its an organic thing. The best treatment is therapy and that doesnt mean conventional therapy solely but your life as therapy. Good healthy environments. Good people who you trust and who are not toxic. Good diet helps too with recovery. Exercising too. Hobbies, social life and maintaining a support network in general. Rest, relaxation and processing and integrating the experiences as best as possible.

As with any traumatic experiences, it takes time and there are no shortcuts. You can make things better though by just looking after yourself and giving yourself plenty of self care.