View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

HPPD please help! :(

ThatTrippyKittyGuy

Greenlighter
Ok so earlier this year during May I tripped on acid. I then tripped again 5 different times all in the month of June taking sometimes up to three hits of LSD at a time. I haven't tripped since June, but now it is now October of this year, and I am still seeing visual effects as if I were on LSD. I have concluded that smoking weed enhances the effects of HPPD (Halucogenic Persisting Perception Disorder), but even when I realized that I would continue to smoke weed because life is tough. I've now gone 1 week without smoking weed or taking any other drugs and I can still see patterns moving on floors, and texts moving on screens if I really focus on it. My question is will these effects go away over time especially if I have decided to not smoke weed?? I feel like this is a major problem in my life because I don't want to see things moving all the time, but I must say it is more noticeable if I really focus on it like I said. I've read so many forums saying that there is no cure for HPPD and honestly that depresses the fuck out of me. I seriously think that if this doesn't go away especially in 4 or 5 years then I will honestly kill myself because of it. I don't know what to do anymore so your support is greatly appreciated and thank you for taking the time to read this.

Although I still experience some hppd (like tracers more than anything ) but I do still take various psychedelics on a regular bases I had a terrible time with it after the use of 25i almost 2 years ago now and I found the use of meditation seemed to calm down the hood effects

you probably wanted to have fun visual and other sensory distortions when you went for LSD several times one after another.

the closest way to get there is lsd but marijuana will do.

if you don't want to see this stuff any more, stay sober for about a year.it will pass.
It's not permanent.

but if you get stoned you will experience what you always wanted from psychedelics again.it's natural for you.

Don't worry, it wont last forever. You really have nothing to worry about. HPPD is just a form of optical illusion that is triggered by taking psychedelics. You take a psychedelic and notice a visual phenomenon, then you keep noticing it because you are aware of it. It isn't caused by any physical change to your brain. The fact that you are so worried about it is making you keep paying attention to it, but the sooner you stop caring, the sooner it will go away.

Is it really that bad that you see things moving a little bit? Literally anybody can experience the same thing you are experiencing without ever taking a psychedelic. Most people just don't pay attention to it because they haven't tripped.

I have experienced a little bit of HPPD effects before, but I never let it become a huge problem because I know that it's harmless. I have even continued to smoke weed and use psychedelics without it getting worse. So stop tripping yourself out over nothing. The best thing you can do is to just stop worrying about it. It will go away, but how long it takes is up to you.

Last edited: