• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to take a pill sublingually?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackiesBabyy

Bluelighter
Adderall IR, to be specific.

Do I just put it under my tongue and let it dissolve? Do I swallow the spit or let it sit in my mouth until the pill is gone?

You put it under the tongue and just let it sit, dissolve, and ABSORB. Don't swallow the spit initially because you want to let it sit and absorb as much as possible. The whole point is to bypass first pass metabolism which is the drug going through the liver when swallowed. So you want as much as possible to absorb via the blood vessels under your tongue. After about 10-20 mins you'll be left with some nasty liquid spit under your tongue and then you can swallow it but give it plenty of time to absorb under the tongue. This is vital with certain drugs such as suboxone because almost all of the drug is destroyed by the liver during first pass metabolism when swallowed. Taking drugs sublingually can enhance thier bioavailability by bypassing that first pass metabolism through the liver.

Some things respond better to sublingual administration than others I haven't done it personally with Adderall so I can't comment on that. Generally you just need to hold it under your tongue until nothing remains. I generally consider it a success if you don't end up tasting whatever it is you've put there (tastebuds are mostly on top of your tongue).

A few days ago I'm certain someone was trying to explain to me the optimal place in the mouth for absorption, but it escapes me. I'm pretty sure it was towards the back of the mouth involving the gums although don't hold me to that. I tend to do it off to one side about halfway down where you can see the veins, I can't comment on whether this is a superior place to anywhere else under the tongue really.

EDIT// Somethings just seem to force you to salivate and make it v. hard to keep underneath whereas others will stay pretty dry.

I've always had issues with sublingual administration. Almost always after putting the pill or whatever under my tounge, I immediately start salivating and it becomes impossible to hold it under my tongue. Also, I'm afraid to spit out the saliva because I obviously don't want to spit out any of the precious substance. I'd be interested to know if anyone has any advice for this particular issue...

Some things respond better to sublingual administration than others I haven't done it personally with Adderall so I can't comment on that. Generally you just need to hold it under your tongue until nothing remains. I generally consider it a success if you don't end up tasting whatever it is you've put there (tastebuds are mostly on top of your tongue).

A few days ago I'm certain someone was trying to explain to me the optimal place in the mouth for absorption, but it escapes me. I'm pretty sure it was towards the back of the mouth involving the gums although don't hold me to that. I tend to do it off to one side about halfway down where you can see the veins, I can't comment on whether this is a superior place to anywhere else under the tongue really.

EDIT// Somethings just seem to force you to salivate and make it v. hard to keep underneath whereas others will stay pretty dry.

i know bupe can be abzorbed in the cheecks and under the toungue.the new stips are a fucking joke if they hit ur teeth they stick to em and u lose some of the dose.is a good excuse to get another half strip or so from the chemist :p

my peferd way of taking benzos is sublingual....and as others have said just place the pill under your tongue as far back as possible hold your tongue flat down for like 10-20 mins or until 5 mins after the pill has fully dissolved and then swallow :)

I've always had issues with sublingual administration. Almost always after putting the pill or whatever under my tounge, I immediately start salivating and it becomes impossible to hold it under my tongue. Also, I'm afraid to spit out the saliva because I obviously don't want to spit out any of the precious substance. I'd be interested to know if anyone has any advice for this particular issue...

This is what happened to me. They were generic addies too, they don't taste sweet, they're bitter as all hell. After 5 minutes I gave up and swallowed the crapload of gooey bitter adderall spit.

This is what happened to me. They were generic addies too, they don't taste sweet, they're bitter as all hell. After 5 minutes I gave up and swallowed the crapload of gooey bitter adderall spit.

Try a Xanax sublingual. You'll think any other pill tastes like Heaven! Lol
Come on, tell me I'm wrong. =P

clorazepate probably beats any other benzo in the vile taste department.... my god that shit tasted awful.

You're wrong lol xanax aint shit I actually dont mind the taste I was subing a alprazolam as I read this lol try molly

Status
Not open for further replies.