• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

How to stop taking cimetidine with my daily methadone dose?

RuffSamurai

Bluelighter
Hey all. I’m really struggling right now. I would be 2 years sober this week from benzos and street drugs, but my partner died from a fentanyl overdose completely suddenly, on the 31st of October. Since then I’ve been white knuckling my sobriety.

I went from 39mg of daily methadone to 180mg. I also was prescribed a small dose of klonopin daily, that I will unfortunately be tapered off of starting next month.

Being 2 years sober, at first the combo got me exactly where I wanted to be everyday. But being a heavy benzo and opiate addict my tolerance quickly has been rising. So I’ve been potenizing my dose with cimetidine on and off for the past 60 days.

When I go up on my methadone dose I stop using the cimetidine but it inevitably stops being as affective and I start potenizing again.

The doctor is eventually going to not let me keep going up on my dose, and I’m scared to dose without taking the cimetidine now.

With 180mg of methadone and taking it consistently for a few weeks, do you think I’ll notice any difference without it? I just don’t want to go into withdrawls.

Is it possible to taper with it? And take 400mg of cimetidine instead of 800mg? Should I just ask the doctor to go up and try not to do the same fucking thing?

I’m struggling so much right now.

Want to order etizolam since I’m getting booted off the klonopin and honestly already would have if I wasn’t so worried about it showing up in my methadone drug tests. My life is falling apart all around me. I’m slipping and desperately trying to stop myself.

Thanks in advance all.