• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to Reduce Oral Damage Caused by Stimulant Abuse

Peanut Arbuckle

Greenlighter
When I use stimulants, particularly amphetamine or methamphetamine, I get an extremely dry mouth which is extremely bad for my teeth and gums. Sometimes this effect will occur long after the stimulation is gone, particularly after a binge. Is there anything I can do to help with this, maybe a supplement or rinse that can increase saliva production? Thanks so much.

Make sure you are eating healthy (avoid junk food/sodas/stuff with lots of sugar), brush your teeth regularly and make sure you are regularly drinking water throughout the day. You don't just want to slam a bunch of water quickly only once or twice a day, you want to be regularly drinking small amounts all throughout the day.

Chewing gum can help stimulate saliva production. Just avoid the sugary types of gum, so none of that sugary pink bubble gum flavored stuff nor stuff like Juicy Fruit, lol. If you bought it out of a gumball machine then you're doing it wrong. A sugar free type gum would be good.

Edit: I had to use considerable effort to not type salvia when typing saliva. Lol.

Last edited:
Wad of gum i mean i pile the peices in there.youd be surprised even just having a few peices in your cheek increases saliva.