View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How to meditate after trips?

nooodle

Bluelighter
I have had some profound trips before that i'm sure could be meaningful but i've never meditated to learn what my trips actually meant.

What kind of meditation should i do after trips which will maybe give me more meaning to what happened/what i need to do? And how close from the trip should i do it, my last trip was about two days ago and i think there was possibly hidden meanings that were from that trip.

My past few trips i've been hearing a certain voice saying something in my head which i can hear clearly in my trips, but once i'm out i can never really remember what it was saying. It's just there at the back of my head but never fully remember what it says, i also have visuals of eyes and certain things watching me sometimes when i trip idk if thats normal but it's fkn weird and sometimes gets scary but i can manage it most the time.

Any kind of meditation can help. Dont go repeating mantras but just get conscient of yourself, of the pace of your breath, on how ideas, images and feelings come and go.

Pen and paper can help in integrating trips too. You write some main words of the trip you have, and then, write another words that are connected with the main words, contemplate, reflex and let the images emerge. Meditate about the meaning, and connect lines bewteen words. It helps disentangling all the fuzzy mess that a trip can be. Sometimes use logos or geometries if the meaning is something that a word can not express such accurately.

You can do the meditation and the disentangling meaning paper technique previous, during and after the trip. In fact we should be doing all that work everyday...

The voice you hear: it is friendly or not? It is wise or satanic? How does it feels?.

Last edited:
Any kind of meditation can help. Dont go repeating mantras but just get conscient of yourself, of the pace of your breath, on how ideas, images and feelings come and go.

Pen and paper can help in integrating trips too. You write some main words of the trip you have, and then, write another words that are connected with the main words, contemplate, meditate about the meaning, and connect lines bewteen words. It helps disentangling all the fuzzy mess that a trip can be. Sometimes use logos or geometries if the meaning is something that a word can not express such accurately.

You can do the meditation and the disentangling meaning paper technique previous, during and after the trip. In fact we should be doing all that work everyday...

The voice you hear: it is friendly or not? It is wise or satanic? How does it feels?.

So just closing my eyes, taking big breaths in and out and focusing on that for about 30 minutes would be a good meditation exercise to do everyday?
I'll do the pen and paper next time i trip because i can't really remember any words or patterns from the last trip since it was like 2 days ago, nearly 3.

The voice i hear only says one word, but i really can't tell what the voice is like. If i can remember the voice sort of sounds like a grown man imitating a soft, child like voice. When i hear the voice say the word when i'm tripping it usually makes me kind of sad, it sounds weird asf and i have no idea what it is.

General speakin for settings, one of my fav tips when it comes to meditate it's a windy cold place & music. Just focus on what you have in your mind, try to learn what you saw when you were tripping and keep goin into the afterlife. If you can't focus, try hypnotizing yourself ( a pendulum it's needed ), that place needs to be completely but completely silent, if helps try smokin a bit of green but not to get fucked up, just to sphere your mind a bit.

General speakin for settings, one of my fav tips when it comes to meditate it's a windy cold place & music. Just focus on what you have in your mind, try to learn what you saw when you were tripping and keep goin into the afterlife. If you can't focus, try hypnotizing yourself ( a pendulum it's needed ), that place needs to be completely but completely silent, if helps try smokin a bit of green but not to get fucked up, just to sphere your mind a bit.

Thanks much appreciated, what type of music do you prefer while meditating?

Natural instruments and elements ( tibetan singing bowls, a steady moody flute, binaural beats, ancient voodoo drums. For me other monks or indian type shit sounds cringe.

p.s - if helps you can search on yt ''Barry Long Start meditating now'', it's a book with interesting tips for beginners.

Natural instruments and elements ( tibetan singing bowls, a steady moody flute, binaural beats, ancient voodoo drums. For me other monks or indian type shit sounds cringe.

p.s - if helps you can search on yt ''Barry Long Start meditating now'', it's a book with interesting tips for beginners.

Sounds chill, imma watch that audio book now. Cheeeerrss

Your voice is dark type. Dont listen. Dont be afraid either. Just learn to ignore it. The less attention you pay the less power that entity sucks and finally will go another place to feed from other sources.

If you meditate and evoque the opposite emotions, so you get yourself in a joyful state instead of the sorrow and sadness that the entity wants you can speed up its dislodging

Last edited:
Alternatively, there are the classics. Go through this once with expanded consciousness. Then you can apply it whenever you're in nature, or in another tastefully ambient soundscape.

There's a little trail you can follow in the annotations on the youtube page.

giphy.gif

my most profound trips took me 3 years to finally understand the full extent of them. Start with self inquiry meditation that is all you need to achieve awakening. In the land of mushrooms i have had many creatures and beings of the martix stare me down it is normal. Use music to get you in good spirits if it gets scary i recommend the psybient album ott - skylon this album will literally feel like enlightment while on acid.

Your voice is dark type. Dont listen. Dont be afraid either. Just learn to ignore it. The less attention you pay the less power that entity sucks and finally will go another place to feed from other sources.

If you meditate and evoque the opposite emotions, so you get yourself in a joyful state instead of the sorrow and sadness that the entity wants you can speed up its dislodging

The voice i hear isn't dark nor is it really light? It's just kind of there existing...

my most profound trips took me 3 years to finally understand the full extent of them. Start with self inquiry meditation that is all you need to achieve awakening. In the land of mushrooms i have had many creatures and beings of the martix stare me down it is normal. Use music to get you in good spirits if it gets scary i recommend the psybient album ott - skylon this album will literally feel like enlightment while on acid.
Cheers will put that it my playlist and have a listen tripping ;)

Theres a variety of methods. The easiest one I feel for westerners is something like Vipassana which is all focusing on the breath. I do find that people who do psychedelics have a natural predisposition to visualization based meditation which could also be an option. Generally I return to the breath as its something you can never lose track of. Pranayama is another good breath control based meditation using alternate nostrils for in/out breaths.

I usually start and end with a tibetan song bowl as it really hits a note that clears a busy kind before meditating. Its also a very interesting symbolic nature to its sound-the way the sound just fades out but never disappears gets you thinking about interesting thoughts such as "does a sound ever go away or just vibrate out of reach of our senses?"

I consider myself to have somewhat of an agnostic pantheistic view spiritually but have to say I love seeing meditation positively effect both atheists and devotional types.

Its the easiest thing in the world; all you have to do is nothing. And then magic happens.

"All of humanity's problems stem from man's inability to sit in a room alone," wrote the French philosopher Blaise Pascal.