• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to keep Midazolam tolerance low?

delphinen

Bluelighter
I have seriously problem of anxiety when it comes to sleep. I usually cannot stop thinking JUST when I have to go to bed, and its in that period that I want to do things, because I dont want to stay in bed suffering; as if I am not tired enough and cant enjoy going to sleep.

Midazolam has changed that. It doesnt matter if im tired or not, after the intake of a Roche 15mg blue pill, in 15' im gonna be sleeping, its gonna last 3 or 4 hours without the help of another benzo, yeah, but the sleep time its gonna be there.

Now this is my question: how can I diminish to the maximum the tolerance of Midazolam? should I try to create "gaps" of nights that I sleep without it because I am really very tired? (if thats the case), should it help it with another medication, like another benzo, to make it keep working?

Right now im using Valerian, Melissa and Passi-flora capsules to help...

Thanks in advance.

just stop doing it, and switch to herbs, like kavakava etc. I had a huge tolerance to xanax, and self weind myself off by just taking kavakava. you can buy it in health stores. they got all kind of shit out there now. I dont mess with xanax alot anymore, but when I do take a bar I notice Im fuckkd up, so relax it for a little.

edit:
I know I cant take benzos to sleep, Wish I could but i'm an addict. I take Remron, works greatt to sleep to. I take it 30mg and I'm out for the night. Trazadone suckd, Talk to your doctor if your seeing one, let them know whats up. Most of the times they wont throw you into hell burning brimstone, they will work with you to take you off of it.

There is no kavakava in my country believe it or not; tons of Valerian, Melissa, Pasi-flora and Tilo, but no kavakava.

About other benzos, only high doses of Alprazolam/Clonazepam/Bromazepam have the power to make me sleep. Thats why I try to avoid them and take as little as possible.

Aw that sucks, Increasing your benzo dose it never a good thing to do. Try other methods, like smoke some weed and listen to good trance music( if your on a sallery job and get U.A'd a lot don't do unless you can pass em). Try exercising alot more, eating healthy. eating alot more fruits and veggies, try to keep away from carbs. Don't drink any caffeine, or high fructose syrup drinks(colas,mtn dews etc.) I don't know if you have Insomnia or anything that a doctor has told you. Usually when i'm under ALOT of stress I can't sleep worth of shit, and worry about life 24/7. When I'm in that mood I try to live in the day, and minute by minute if I have to. One thing I learned in AA is Easy does it, and don't quit 5 minute before the miracle. As for all the drugs go, you don't evveerrr want to build a really high tolerance with benzos, they can make you have seizures and can really mess your nervous system up. Hell go on a vacation I'm sure you've earned one in your life :).

Thanks for your advices. I will try to reduce my Caffeine intake, but on the other hand, I eat a lot of Dark Chocolate (cocoa) because its weed/opiate boost properties, also I heard its good for the heart, do you eat that too?

And btw, I still wonder if mixing "classic benzos" like Alprazolam or Bromazepam with Midazolam will make it last longer (as in tolerance and potence)

^ i mean plain and simple the more benzo's you add the faster your tolerance will go up. Ive noticed benzo tolerance to develop very quickly and last a long time. They should be a last resort for something as a sleep aid.

Thanks for your advices. I will try to reduce my Caffeine intake, but on the other hand, I eat a lot of Dark Chocolate (cocoa) because its weed/opiate boost properties, also I heard its good for the heart, do you eat that too?

And btw, I still wonder if mixing "classic benzos" like Alprazolam or Bromazepam with Midazolam will make it last longer (as in tolerance and potence)

Dark Chocolate is awesome, I'm in Alcoholics Anonymous. You should check it out.
In the Chapter 9 - The Family Afterward: It states "One of the many doctors who had the opportunity of reading this book in manuscript form told us that the use of sweets was often helpful, of course depending upon a doctor's advice. He thought all alcoholic should constantly have chocolate available for its quick energy value at times of fatigue. He added that occasionally in the night a vague craving arose which would be satisfied by candy. Many of us have noticed a tendency to eat sweets and have found this practice beneficial."

Before you mix benzos please read what these people have to say about it. It can be very dangerous mixing 2 different central nervous system depressants(CNS) (such as xanax and midazolam) They act on different parts in your brain, for example, when you take a klonopin, it doesn't feel as strong as xanax. I had to study this in med school. Klonopin will act on 6 or more different GABA receptors ( The things in your brain that reduces stress). When you take the klonipin your mood changes you begin to relax and feel calm, and its mostly taken 2 times a day orally. While Valium has more of a hypnotic effect and will help you relax by putting you to sleep. Other azolobenzodiazepines such as alprazolam and triazolam have very high intrinsic activity ( You notice alot more relaxation on xanax than klonopin, yet you are normally perscirbed xanax three to four times a day,) Your GABA receptors can only handle so much benzodiazepines. Since alprazolam has a larger effect noticeable wise, it may cover up the feeling klonopin. The klonopin is still there!! people OD from mixing things with xanax because they cant feel the weaker (kpins,ativan,valium.) Be extremely carfull when you mix them! If you do decided to mix don't begin with xanax! start off with something like Midazolam and 1/2mg of klonopin. If you start to feel really sick, like extreme dizzyness, cotton mouth, breathing problems IMMEDATLY CALL 911!!! More people OD at my job by mixing xanax and methadone, They are both CNS's, and they will CUT OFF YOUR CNS, ( that means you can't breath!) Hope this helps,

Check out : http://forum.opiophile.org/archive/index.php/t-4368.html For more information.

The information I found about the brain can be found at :
http://books.google.com/books?id=F4VCfzlYdKkC&pg=PA21&lpg=PA21&dq=how+certain+benzodiazepines+act+on+the+brain+anatomy&source=bl&ots=dp1sHuM_zd&sig=9GN0bNc2O1paI9SpUyEAuPESbpU&hl=en&ei=B0k5SrmcAeGntgeaj53hDA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2#PPA22,M1

Be VERRY CARFULLL!!!!!
hope ya get to sleep better!! :)

Exercise

DO NOT INCREASE YOUR DOSAGE OF BENZO'S

Eventually you will have to come off them! You cannot keep taking benzo's for ever...fact!

The day will come when you will have to slowly start decreasing your dependancy on them...and my god that will hurt!!

Benzo withdrawal is far far worse than coming off heroin times 10!!

My advice is EXERCISE!! AND BLOODY LOADS OF IT!!!

Any doctor who prescribes Midazolam for sleep is a disgrace to their profession!!

There are so many alternative therapies - yes they are no way as easy as just taking a 'happy' pill - so you'll have to get off your ass and do something for yourself!!

Go swimming!, Go for a run!, have a massage!, have sex!, start an evening college course!

DO NOT CONSUME ANY CAFFEINE (NO COFFEE,NO COLA BASED DRINKS,NO CHOCOLATE!!)

GOOD LUCK!!

Originally Posted by D's :
Be extremely carfull when you mix them! If you do decided to mix don't begin with xanax! start off with something like Midazolam and 1/2mg of klonopin. If you start to feel really sick, like extreme dizzyness, cotton mouth, breathing problems IMMEDATLY CALL 911!!! More people OD at my job by mixing xanax and methadone, They are both CNS's, and they will CUT OFF YOUR CNS, ( that means you can't breath!)

wow, I have to say after reading this i feel really naive and ignorant because I have been mixing benzos for the last yr and a half without realising that its potentially lethal. However the dosage I mix is relatively "low" meaning if for e.g. my alprazolam/xanax dose is 2mg and my midazolam dose is 7.5mg.....i would cut the dose in half and take 1mg xanax and half of the 7.5mg midazolam pill together. Of course, I have taken the full dose together several times as well (2mg xanax + 7.5mg) midazolam but i did not notice any adverse effects except for the fact that i passed out on my bed really fast and slept like a baby for 12 hours. Also, when i woke up, my whole body was sluggish and just sore all over. Would this actually count as an OD though?

because of he cross tolerance, taking another benzo will not diminish your tolerance to midaz... your best bet is to try to take gapstry too take it max 3 times a week and your tolerance should stay pretty much put

I always insufflate a Dormicum 15 before going to sleep (I have a high tolerance to most benzo's so try 1/4 first at most). Great knockout stuff but it's very addictive, 60 mg's in 24 hours was normal for me before I tried slowing down with the Benzo funz ;)

23.gif
-- Peace o/

NO NO NO, don't mix other benzodiazepines, they have cross-tolerance. If you start taking another your tolerance of each benzodiazepine will increase QUICKER. Not what you want.

If your going to take the Midazolam the best you can do is taking it as-needed...or taking it no more than once every 3 days. Tolerance won't increase as fast and addiction isn't as much a possibility. There still is always the chance of tolerance.