• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

How to inject K

just_get_well

Bluelighter
Through good fortune, I've come into possession of a 10 mL, 100mg/mL vile of Ketaset brand Ketamine HCI. Due my useage history (always snorting powder of different quality), my tolerance is quite high, so naturally, I'd like to try injecting the liquid form.
So, what I'd like to know is the following:
1. What amount of the liquid K would be an effective, but SAFE, dosage to draw into the syringe? In other words, to what level on the syringe should I draw the liquid. I have NO experience in injecting, but a trusted friend, who does, will be with me the entire time and will help me with the process.
2. Past posts have indicated that it SHOULD NOT be injected into a vein, but rather directly into a muscle. What part of the body is the least painful, most effective place into which to inject (e.g. arm, hip, buttocks, thigh)?
Any other suggestions you might have to make this first time not only my best K trip to date, but also relatively safe, would be appreciated.
Thx.

Butt injections seem to be no good. I dont know if it's because there is too much fat there or not enough blood vessels or something all together different but it does not seem effective. Hit yourself in your upper arm close to your shoulder. Inject it nice and slow and pain will be minimal.
What size neeedles are you using? 1cc? If so, draw about 70 units or so.
K is about the only drug that can be IVed that I prefer not to IV. IM is really nice.
You'll never snort this stuff again. Such a disgusting habit anyway...snorting things that is.

As far as safety-
Make sure you're not near a table, steak knife, or any other object that has the potential to impale you...If you do a bit too much, you'll fall back...I'd reccomend injecting while on your bed...That's where you're going to want to be anyway.
And make sure you have a glass of water nearby. Getting up and moving around is not only a pain in the ass, but it's difficult as hell.
Other than that you should be safe, dying from an overdose of Ketamine (Injected)is practically impossible. The biggest risk is choking on yer own vomit.
*note* - This practice has a HIGH risk of addiction...and the withdrawal is BRUTAL.

The amount you inject should be roughly half of what you rail. I would suggest you check the dosing chart provided for ketamine on www.erowid.org then consider your tolerance, etc.
Favorite locations for IM injection are the deltoid muscle (upper, outer arm) and thigh muscle (upper leg on the outside). They are easy to get at and fatty tissue is minimal. You may be able to use a diabetic syringe there with a 1/2" point. For a glute injection you will require a 1.25-1.50" point to get through the fat and into the muscle. Injections there are on the upper, outer quadrants.
Injections should be done slowly. If you are feeling much stinging then you are likely injecting too fast. It is not a good idea to inject more than 1 ml in the smaller muscles because of bruising, swelling and general irritation.

Remeber this -
There are 100mg per 1mL of fluid, so, if there are 100u in 1mL, that means 1mL = 1mg, and of course we all know that 1cc = 1mL .. the syringe is marked off in units, which makes for easier measuring ..
Yes, the "addiction factor" will increase when you move to injecting - the drug isn't differn't, but you are now administering in a more effective manor ..
I PERSONALLY recomend a 27 gauge needle for IM injections - the tiny 29 gauge needle is good for IV, but when yer pumping the stuff into yer fat you want a bigger pipe ..
Have fun! And you can now laugh at those silly ravers who waste their ketamine up their nose!
------------------
"I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is: 'What are they in a position to do about it?'"

Phreex, you contradict yourself in the begining of your statement. 100mg=1ml is correct. Otherwise you'd be injecting gallons at 1mg = 1 ml.
Usually needles will come in cc's or ml measurment.
With a ml syrenge it will usually be a 3 ml syrenge. So using 100mg= 1 ml
draw up anywhere from .5 ml to 1.25ml depending potential strength of your trip.
Be sure and pinch the skin at the injection site between your index finger and thumb. Pull taught as much as you can without discomfort. This will also help reduce the pain of the needle as you will feel the pinch from the fingers more than the needle being in. Technically you are supposed to draw back the needle after you stick it in but before injecting material. This is in order to see if there is a flash of blood. If there is take the needle out and reinsert. It means you are in a vein/artery and you want to be in muscle. Best places are upper arm and leg. They have the least chance for blood flash and the quickest absorbtion time. Careful with the needles. The CDC says that any pharmacy has to sell you clean needles. But pharmacists can sell to you at thier discretion. Make sure you go and buy them from a pharmacy in a nicer area and you usually wont have a problem.
If you tell them you are doing a science project where you are injecting dye into an iv bag, or tell them you are an EMT student at your local comm college and you are practicing IM injections for skills testing (say on oranges or a study group of fellow students) and they usually dont bug ya.
They cost roughly .25 a piece.

Technically you are supposed to draw back the needle...This is in order to see if there is a flash of blood. If there is...it means you are in a vein/artery
If you do see a flash, inject. Some things are just meant to be.
smile.gif

I've never heard of this but I guess it is possible.

'err, correct, just remeber there is 100mg per 1mL of fluid, and 1mL = 1cc .. figure the rest out...
As for pulling back - yeah, you should but hitting a vein accidently is kinda fun with ketamine, because you are thrown into hell and you will wonder what the fuck happened for weeks .. then again, you're hitting in the wrong area if a short needle hits a vein..
------------------
"I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is: 'What are they in a position to do about it?'"

Phreex: although the concept of being "thrown into hell" doesn't sound all that appealing, it is a bit intriguing. What's been your experience (if any) with dosing into a vein rather than a muscle? In the off chance that DOES happen, I'd like an idea of what to expect, but short and long term. Much appreciated.

IV K hits are like this for me:
I hit a deep khole usually before I have a chance to remove the belt from my arm. If it's a strong enough hit sometimes I dont even get the needle outta my arm in time. yeha, I've snapped outta an IV khole a few times with a belt around my arm and a needle sticking outta my vein, thinking "what the fuck just happened? Did I just poke something?" It usually takes me a few to remember that I did shoot up some K. Confusion seems to be a big part this.
The onset of the drug is fast. It rushes about as fast as heroin but not quite as fast as coke (nothing does). In a matter of seconds you will go from completely sober to a very deep khole. The effects dont last long at all though. I usually snap out of it in a minute or two.

It's hard to describe - if you're not expecting it then you may find yourself in a scary place - yes, you're lucky to get the needle out of yer arm .. I have on IV'd ketamine a few times, and the first time it scared the shit out of me .. it's not really that dangerous, so I think the best way to go is to just do it - no matter how much trouble you get in, it only lasts for a few minutes...
------------------

or have someone who knows what they are doing iv it for you. that way the needle is sure to come out...

A good place for IV injection without too fast a reaction (enough time to take the needle out) is your foot. It also hides the track marks easier. You have to be careful with all IV injection use an alcohol swab where you inject... la la la infection.. la la la.
Well, have fun.

I've only ever injected K as liquid from sealed glass vials.
The first few times we(friends and i) didnt really know what we were doing (absolute idiots we were!) and blasted directly into veins. >:-/
Once I decided to actually show nerve and check out the right way the notion of dropping pants and swabbing a bum cheek was introduced. Its fleshy, doesnt tend to hurt as much and its kinda funny to watch. Nurse friends say da ass cheekz are by far the best place...and i say that if they're administering it I say its the best place too :)
I cant remember the strength of this K (its been 3 years since last blast) but I've only ever seen 10ml vials so i can only ASSUME that its the same strength. We never went above .5ml in one hit. The khole would swallow me in 2 seconds, as soon as that medicinal taste hits your palate then baam! you're outta here.
Whats intriguing me about the posts above is the experience lasted a minute or 2 for some.... The shortest k hole journey lasted 35 minutes (.3ml -IV) and the longest khole journey lasted me just under an hour (.5ml -IM). Ummm maybe this suggests that the stuff I had was umm stronger perhaps???
A big plus I found was theres 'virtually' no comedown. It weared off gradually over 10-15 minutes until I was 95% coherent, feeling a little 'fuzzy round the egdes'. The day after was slow moving but I was back to full steam by the 2nd day. Considering I'd just been on the most kickin psychedelic experience ever,its not much of a comedown :)
ALWAYS have someone there who knows the score with using syringes. Luckily (or maybe not) our K group are all experienced with IV so that helped alot....but although it might sound non-communal, its always good to have one person straight particularly when administering the K. As mentioned above, it hits u like a steam train. Try and keep all pointy paraphenalia wrapped up or stored away and administer it either lying sideways on a couch or lying on the floor. Bean bags are an excellent thing here. Sorry this all might sound anal but it worked for us and there were never any problems or 'situations'
As to the difference between IV/IM.....
IV was ....woah...umm yeah I found the most uncomfortable thing to be how within 1-2 seconds you are straight-as.... to being so incredibly incapacitated and intoxicated... flying past saturn with daffy duck whilst sychronized swimmers do barn dancing with Leonard Nimoy in a pool of mercury.....hmm
Polyuse I dont recommend. No alcohol is a absolute must. I made a mistake and necked a microdot and IV'd 0.4ml at once one evening...i sure did some interstellar communing that night and had to be babysat bigtime :-(
'Top ups' via IV/IM arent the greatest either.....
'IM' rush is slightly more subtle and longer and it effected me just as much. longer khole timeframe etc. and my body built up a quick resistance.
From memory or whats left of it, I 'did' K about a dozen times. It was the most intense, overpowering, intoxicating, freaked out, tripped out err trip. The most powerful drug experiences ever undertaken by a long stretch. It was scary, yes it was challenging on your psyche....and I found I got something positive out of it.
Oh make sure you have some good choons going...listen to your faves in 6D. :)
[This message has been edited by iggymon (edited 15 April 2001).]

My exp with K has been mainly IM.
I've found that butt cheecks, for me and my group, aren't nearly as quick as the arm, but its all dependent on how you are built, % body fat and the like.
First injection started with .6 ml and that was enough to break ground and have a good intro into the world of K. I myself almost felt like the beginning of the cell where she falls into the killers world. Alot of floating and gliding around a new world of piercing lights and dark shadows. Nothing evil though, kind of just there. Sitting in a dark pocket was the Cheshire Cat. He was smiling his big ole smile, standing on his own head. Telling me to try the same thing. I quickly digressed and asked him where I was at. No answer, just a big smile. So I told him goodbye. Then I felt myself flying back to reality on a carpet of dotted lights wooshing thru planes of existance I never dreamed of. I felt so alive that I yelled (and did in real life apparently). My gf banished me to the bedroom from the living room because she thought that I was flipping out. After crawling my way there I opened the door. The room was dark and it felt as if I had opened the door and was standing on the edge of a dark cliff with an extremely high drop off. At the bottom of the drop off was a SOFT angelic cloud (the bed). I yelled once more to see if there was an echo. No echo, just silence. The music in the other room became detached and "mono". I felt floaty from before and knew I could make it to the soft cloud but my only fear was falling thru the cloud and into the deep abyss. So I jumped. I fell and fell until finally I crashed into what seemed like some lunar scape but soft. I saw myself as a space shuttle crashing into the moon but in a patch of dirt and in a place where gravity wasnt strong.
I felt completely detatched, my astronauts had left me a shell on the moonscape. I could feel the wires in me shorting and popping.
Then all of the sudden, I was a puppet master controlling my body with strings. But the strings weren't tied in the right places. They were tangled also. So I sat myself up and slowly returned to my body.
A rush came over me. I all of the sudden felt my arms go lifeless. Then my legs, then my head, neck. I dropped to the bed. And as I did I could see the life draining out of me. I could see an outer shell of me whither away quickly. Kind of like in the dracula movies where they kill dracula and he whithers away quickly. But I just shrivel up and am frozen. I can't even blink my eyes and cant feel my breath.
Just as I feel whithered and shriveled I came too. I pop back up to life almost in an instant as if I had drank some sort of lifegaining potion. It all had lasted about 55 mins but seemed like an eternity.
The next injection was about an hour later and it was 1.0.... Needless to say it made my frist trip seem like an introduction course into the land of K.