• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

How to inform parents of a tuition problem lol...?!?!?

ktx49

Bluelighter
well, for my first year and half of university at GSU in atlanta, i maintained my gpa and had "hope scholarship" which is a state run tuition scholarship that was paying for my tuition and books plus some other fees each semester.

college hasnt been hard for me, but ive been going through a TON of shit like kicking a 2 year opiate habit and methadone, and all kinda other stuff i wont use for excuses but it did partiallly cause me to fuck up...basically i forgot to drop some classes by the midpoint deadline(i was 28 hours late lol), so they were counted as two F's instead of a W aka withdrawal....because of this and my lack of significant credit hours earned, it brought my GPA down below the minimum requirement you need to keep the state tuition scholarship. so now for a full time semester its over 2300 dollars!!!

my parents still think i have above a 3.0 gpa which i do in reality but dont on paper because of my STUPID mistake...

to make matters worse, i get kicked to the curb if i fuck up anything or dont go full time this semester. my parents CAN afford my tuition but in the past, the state paying for it has made alot of things much easier with my parents and was great leverage...lol "but u arent having to pay for my college" lol

how should i ask/tell them i wont be able to attend this semester unless they pay....
they already pay for my sisters but hers is much cheaper than my university since she goes to a community college.

help

p.s.
i am appealing the two F's i received for non-withdrawal, well atleast one of them, since i didnt know i was enrolled in the second course anyways. i was supposed to be automatically dropped in the first week. so i may be able to get my scholarship back but im not gonna hold my breath....im told its very rare.

Um, just tell 'em the truth..

"Mom, Dad, I fucked up... I had a bad year..."

Yea, KTX~

Tell the truth. Even about kicking the drugs. That I would be proud of!!

I'd rather hear my kid tell me the way it is. Cause parents will ALWAYS find out the truth sooner or later.
(At least I do.)

Well, it depends on the parents and their attitude towards drugs...

I think you don't necessarily have to talk to them about the drugs, especially if you feel as though your parents will not help you finance your education because of your previous drug habit. Be careful... you migh want to write down what you will say to them before you talk to them

I think you need to come completely clean to your parents. Honesty really is the best policy! If they were to find out from another person or found out another way they would be most hurt you didnt come to them and also the anger would be much stronger.

They are your parents, they love you and want you to suceed.

oh they already know about my drug use....they are cool with pot and drinking responsibly, but are completely against opiates/harder drugs; rightfully so, i must admit!!!

"Mom, Dad... I'm gay.... Nah, just kidding! It's only a tuition problem."

They'll be relieved.

^^^^^^

That will work...they will gladly pay your tuition bill..hahaha

Man, I feel sort of bad. Immediately I began to start thinking up lies for this guy.

I guess you people are better than I.