View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How to Hallucinate on DXM?

Freekazoid

Bluelighter
So I'm a pretty experienced DXM user. I first tasted it a year and half ago. Back then I just achieved any affects I could get. Since then I have embarke don maybe 15 or so robo-trips[no access to pure dxm]. Usually ranging in the 300-400 mg area. You see I weigh 120lbs, at 5'7" so my body doesn't require much of any drug to get me high.

But since the beginning of my trips, I've only ever gotten CEV twice. Once on 300mgs while lying on a coat, I hadn't eaten all day, the other after 300mg and smoking hash-oil.

Now I'd really like to achieve full OEVs. Last night i took 600mgs, an hour later[when it kicked it..damn robo-cough caps] i took app 8 shots of whiskey[to boost it..didn't do much]. Last night all i felt was 10x heavier, music was intense and i felt at times like i was watching my body from a position other than my eyes lol. Not what i was really going for. I felt great, but the whole thing felt mildly dream-like. Idon't remember much of it.
So my question: How would you go abotu gettin full-visuals from DXM? Should a gram of bud using gravities and 600mgs do much?
Or should i shoot for the 750-900mg range? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

And anyone ahve any ideas how to get rid of the dreaded hangover? I felt like strungout on opiates all morning, minus the good relaxed feeling which was replaced by feelign mildly sick.
and advice?

when im messed up on dxm i lay down on my bed turn the lites off and i start to hallucinate like crazy but when im in lite i cant see shit and the hang over is cure with some buds

I dunno man...I drank a bottle of child's robo once...I think it should have been like a level 2, IIRC...I did some research, I remember...

But I didn't feel anything except I got some rather plain (but beautiful, nonetheless) B&W visuals in the dark right before I fell asleep (several hours after taking the stuff).

Maybe some people are more resistant to the effects? No idea...I haven't tried it again, I figure it's a waste and I don't really wanna have to chug like 3 bottles...doesn't seem healthy to me, somehow...

And if you're using pot or alcohol...well...it's not only DXM effects you're getting, then...cause...at large amounts, you can kinda hallucinate from pot, as well, for example (dunno about alcohol...prolly not).

higher doses of DXM, marijuana/hash, and sensory depravation. Dxm isnt much of a visionary drug anyways.
about the hangover, Dont drink booze, drink less tussin, smoke more weed.

Last edited:
I actually ate 40 of the robo-cough cap, eahc containing 15 mgs of DXM.
After further reading on erowids, I came to the conclusion I hit the 3rd Plateu[sp?]. Would this same dose and many gravity hits enhance this to a 4th plateu experience?Or would you suggest i take about 750mgs if I wish to reach the 4th plateu?
EDIT: I also remember drifting in and otu on consious easily. does anyoen knwo fi one no-doz would help me to stay awake during my trip and not make me waste it away by sleeping?

Last edited:
Dont take cafeen while on high doses of dxm. You wont be able to sleep easily anyways, you need to drift into a trance state, you dont need to be up and aware on cafee.

Freekazoid said:
I actually ate 40 of the robo-cough cap, eahc containing 15 mgs of DXM.
After further reading on erowids, I came to the conclusion I hit the 3rd Plateu[sp?]. Would this same dose and many gravity hits enhance this to a 4th plateu experience?Or would you suggest i take about 750mgs if I wish to reach the 4th plateu?
EDIT: I also remember drifting in and otu on consious easily. does anyoen knwo fi one no-doz would help me to stay awake during my trip and not make me waste it away by sleeping?

No. More weed will not bring you to another plateau.

And you will probably never get OEV's from DXM. You may see things in the dark with your eyes open, but those are usually classified as CEV's. However, 3rd plateau trances have produced the most infinite and awesome (in the original sense of the word) CEV's I have been privy to see.

DXM isn't something people take to "get visuals." Some people are lucky and actually get some visual distortion. The main thing DXM will do for you is, if you lay down and close your eyes, it might feel like you are watching "movies" or playing video games inside your head. These aren't full blown hallucinations most of the time, just very clear vivid thought.

You might have heard from someone that they took DXM and had incredible realistic OEV's like people who were there, but really weren't and the like. Things like that are a result of antihistamines in OTC DXM preparations. Any antihistamines added to the experience will completely change the DXM experience (like with coriceden, there's so much CPM in it, most people don't even feel the DXM, they just get delerious from the antihistamine).

So basically, don't expect amazing visuals from DXM. More often than not, you won't get anything amazing visually, although DXM is quite fun because of the other effects.

KK thank you all very much :)
I understand what you mean by the CEV visuals of video games adn such, those were what my vicsuals were the few time is got them.
Thank you all very much. I'll keep this all in mind. later.

I had great effects and very nice visuals at 900mg DXM HBr Orally.
More is usually too strong to be pleasant, but for me (I weigh 70kg) 900mg is the optimal dosage.
But don't mix such a strong dose of DXM with any other drug (no alcohol !!).
Just have some marijuana with you (great synergy with dxm).

Last edited:
^ No, don't advise people to use this at raves.. That's the last thing we need.

Fragbait said:
And you will probably never get OEV's from DXM

I've had amazing visuals on DXM (in powder form), both eyes open and closed (e.g. moving objects, morphing furnature and swirling patterns/colours, pixelvison, etc.).. I don't know why people don't have visuals on DXM, but I do get them, friends also.

I have gotten extreme open eye visuals (distortions mostly of everything) on 1200mg and i weigh 150lbs but closed eye visuals are more interesting at this dose to me anyways.

Perhaps i'm unusal, because i get open eye visuals from taking a second plateau dose of dxm. Mostly in the form of objects morphing and distorting, especially when combined with cannabis

Best visuals i ever had on DXM were inspired by a strobe light on a white wall. I cant remember where i read about this but it sure works if u get the right flash rate.

Drop some Magnesium 3-4 hours before you dose, seemed to work for me.

On DXM I get really dizzy when I try to open my eyes and take a look around. I wouldn't call it visuals, but I get the same type of vision as if I was really, really drunk. So I much prefer to close my eyes and have various degrees of out of body experiences.

Blowmonkey said:
I've had amazing visuals on DXM (in powder form), both eyes open and closed (e.g. moving objects, morphing furnature and swirling patterns/colours, pixelvison, etc.).. I don't know why people don't have visuals on DXM, but I do get them, friends also.

Yeah, visually speaking DXM has kicked my ass more than most of the other hallucinogenics - I've had some pretty interesting visuals, although the body load is too much for me to take.

One particular reoccuring thing I seemed to see a lot on my DXM trips were - people. Yes, I'd wake up from this daze/trance (the only words I would use to describe DXM) and see someone in the room I was in. Sometimes it really took me quite a while to figure out that it wasn't a person I was seeing, but merely a lamp or something else.

"Mind movies" - yes, lots of them. From cars on the walls to smurfs throwing purple apples. Absolutely no idea where that stuff comes from. I'd probably say that this is the closest you'll get to a "true" hallucination - most of the times people speak of hallucinations they mean "visual distortion", but for example the time I saw the map of Africa on the wall that wasn't a distortion but a flat-out hallucination, and I'd say DXM's the only drug that's given me real hallucinations.

Too bad about RC vendors being busted, I had ordered a large quantity of DXM because I wanted to give it one last try - but without the disgusting cough syrup taste.

Heh, I remember being mildly surprised once while on a 708mg dosage of DXM + a few bowls of chron, then walking into a friend's room w/ a strobelight. Not really visuals, just, I dunno.

i usually put on sutibly trippy/electronic music, lay down in my bed and let my mind wander. cev's come on best when they aren't being forced.

other hallunications, colorful static-fields etc are best seen in the dark with a small amount of light[i notice them most walking down the hallway with the door of a lit room open at the end] not sure the best way to trigger auditory hallucinations, they usually come to me anyways on higher doses 500 mgs+, depending on my environment, i get them most when im home, tripping alone.

some people seem to just have a basic tolerance to hallucinations, no matter what substance it is.

I took the journey to 600mg-land again last night. No alcohol, no painkillers this time. I kept in mind the idea of cuttign off my senses, such as light and such. I layed down on a leatehr sofa and listened to some pink floyd on my headphones. I had also had one meal the entire day, and I feel thsi affected the trip greatly by allowing me to feel the full affects.
it was amazing. I now understand the true experience of Dark Side ofthe Moon. Its the perfect CD. Its hard to grasp this thoguht in words, its so amazing. Its the perfect trip-guide from comeup[which i felt ti forced upon me] to peak. Tehy are geniouses, and its scary how much I felt they were speaking to me.
I experienced such events as forgetting my personal being and just floating. I floated therough thr clouds. I actually lost feeling of my surrounding while drifting off into dex-land and i felt my body was suspended for no reason.
I'm considering writing a trip report. It was amazing. :) thank you all for the advice.
peace.